Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buy out Evans - the solution 22:27 - Dec 4 with 4769 viewsWickwar_Blue

Almost certainly cloud cuckoo land stuff but if 50,000 individuals were willing to pay £1,800 we’d raise £90m.... would Evans cut his losses at £50m leaving the remainder to fund ongoing trading losses and a modest investment in playing staff?

Madness?

I’m in - I’ve just got a new credit card.....
Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:30 - Dec 4 with 4352 viewsStokieBlue

You've certainly seem to have been on a form of solution.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:31 - Dec 4 with 4330 viewsHerbivore

We managed to get 9k people to pay a tenner to watch us play West Brom, I can't see 50k people stumping up nearly £2k a piece. On the plus side, ME would take way less than £50m for Town I imagine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:35 - Dec 4 with 4313 viewsOxford_Blue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:31 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

We managed to get 9k people to pay a tenner to watch us play West Brom, I can't see 50k people stumping up nearly £2k a piece. On the plus side, ME would take way less than £50m for Town I imagine.

True but people weren’t getting a stake in the club.

Yes, I imagine Evans would sell up for very little. It’s a deadweight around his neck. It costs him millions.
Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:38 - Dec 4 with 4297 viewsjeera

To play along for a moment, what would the point be in funding ongoing trading losses and a modest investment in playing staff, when the current complaint is that this is exactly all 'we' are already doing?

It'll be fine. All we need to do is say "Evans out" 3 times and all the troubles will go away like magic*.

*But he's another story.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 22:39]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:44 - Dec 4 with 4262 viewsHerbivore

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:35 - Dec 4 by Oxford_Blue

Yes, I imagine Evans would sell up for very little. It’s a deadweight around his neck. It costs him millions.

A 1/50,000th stake in a club that loses millions each year is not an attractive proposition at £100 let alone at nearly £2k. You need someone crazy rich to buy a football club and put the kind of money in to enable it to be successful.

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:46 - Dec 4 with 4258 viewsagentp

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:35 - Dec 4 by Oxford_Blue

Or perhaps he is actually a decent bloke with an ITFC supporting family and is putting in close to the maximum he is allowed to keep us afloat and prepared to do so until football changes.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 22:47]

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:49 - Dec 4 with 4239 viewsStokieBlue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:44 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

A 1/50,000th stake in a club that loses millions each year is not an attractive proposition at £100 let alone at nearly £2k. You need someone crazy rich to buy a football club and put the kind of money in to enable it to be successful.

This isn't directed at you, just replying to your crazy rich person response.

How would that sit with board members who regularly raise wealth inequality issues? Surely buying a massive loss making football club is about as frivolous as it gets with regards to throwing money around and wealth inequality?

I wouldn't complain mind you :).

SB
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 22:50]

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:58 - Dec 4 with 4200 viewsHerbivore

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:49 - Dec 4 by StokieBlue

This isn't directed at you, just replying to your crazy rich person response.

How would that sit with board members who regularly raise wealth inequality issues? Surely buying a massive loss making football club is about as frivolous as it gets with regards to throwing money around and wealth inequality?

I wouldn't complain mind you :).

SB
[Post edited 4 Dec 2018 22:50]

I mean, you could argue it's charity.....

Personally I'd feel ambivalent about it. I'm not even sure I'm that bothered about throwing millions at trying to be a club with aspirations to finish 17th in the Prem.

Login to get fewer ads

Buy out Evans - the solution on 23:39 - Dec 4 with 4100 viewsJ2BLUE

I would be amazed if you got 50 people to sign up to this...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 23:46 - Dec 4 with 4083 viewsBinner

Buy out Evans - the solution on 23:39 - Dec 4 by J2BLUE

I would be amazed if you got 50 people to sign up to this...

Or 5.

Or 1!

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:14 - Dec 5 with 3908 viewsBluefish

In your fantasyland if that was to happen please can you explain how we would be better off?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:26 - Dec 5 with 3890 viewsChocorange

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:14 - Dec 5 by Bluefish

In your fantasyland if that was to happen please can you explain how we would be better off?

I guess for a start we wouldn't have the interest to pay , which seems to be a huge part as to why our total debt goes up each year.

Other clubs have been bought out by the fans and start debt free, could it happen?
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:26 - Dec 5 with 3887 viewsOxford_Blue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 22:44 - Dec 4 by Herbivore

Good point.
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:30 - Dec 5 with 3870 viewsGeefunk

I'm in - maybe you get a free or half price season ticket for a year as an incentive. You will never get anywhere near 50,000 though. Just look at our gates
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:33 - Dec 5 with 3859 viewsBloomBlue

Fans moan about paying £10 for a ticket, good luck
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:35 - Dec 5 with 3850 viewsVaughan8

So who is going to fund the shortfall each year?
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:36 - Dec 5 with 3850 viewsOxford_Blue

I suspect Evans would sell for £1.

It would free him from a loss of £6-10m a year. The debt is worth nothing as it’s owed to himself. He’ll never get repaid.

We don’t have 50,000 fans. We don’t even have 15,000 at present who will pay to watch the team.

When there was a share option deal in 2002 the take up was low.

Even if you could get enough people, they would need to invest every season to underwrite the losses, so you’d be having to repeat the process.
Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:40 - Dec 5 with 3840 viewsmatteoblue

This always seems to come back to the basic question of why do people buy football clubs? I'm sure Marcus Evans had no idea, although he might have realised what it all about by now (possibly). Was he really looking for a return on investment? Even the big clubs don't seem to make any money. Look at Manchester City, who have spent over a billion pounds on transfer fees alone and then wages, insulting to any thinking person, on 'superstars'. The billionaire owner isn't getting a return back through football. In his case, he saw a property investment situation in Manchester and has managed to buy and build property near the stadium where his future income will be generated. The football is just for promotion. And when you think your £1,800 is mainly going to footballers to spend on flash cars and houses, you can quickly work out that it isn't any kind of 'investment' at all, but just funding a ridiculous lifestyle that no-one seems bothered about. Even at the lower level, there doesn't seem to be any sustained 'co-operative' style of running clubs, so it appears that it's never going to be financially viable, even for well off fans.

We are Premier League, say we are Premier League!

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:55 - Dec 5 with 3805 viewsHerbivore

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:26 - Dec 5 by Chocorange

I guess for a start we wouldn't have the interest to pay , which seems to be a huge part as to why our total debt goes up each year.

Other clubs have been bought out by the fans and start debt free, could it happen?

We don't pay any interest on the debt.

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:07 - Dec 5 with 3764 viewsCoastalblue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:55 - Dec 5 by Herbivore

We don't pay any interest on the debt.

I wouldn't bother anymore.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:08 - Dec 5 with 3764 viewsartsbossbeard

Crivens.

We have a fan base who complain non stop about the owner and then ask about streams for the game last Wednesday or rely on hand outs and freebie match tickets, thus embarrassingly for them, putting nothing in the coffers themselves whilst asking the owner to dig a little deeper.

Chances of a People's Republic of ITFC? Big fat zero.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:10 - Dec 5 with 3753 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 07:35 - Dec 5 by Vaughan8

So who is going to fund the shortfall each year?

No doubt Evans would turn up, reach into his pocket open his wallet and hand over £6million all saintly like, with a halo above his head on December 24th. So long as we paid it back.

Someone remind me, how much do we owe 'God' again?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:11 - Dec 5 with 3748 viewsBluefish

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:08 - Dec 5 by artsbossbeard

Crivens.

We have a fan base who complain non stop about the owner and then ask about streams for the game last Wednesday or rely on hand outs and freebie match tickets, thus embarrassingly for them, putting nothing in the coffers themselves whilst asking the owner to dig a little deeper.

Chances of a People's Republic of ITFC? Big fat zero.

We demand that you give us cheap tickets, cheap food and drink but that you spend millions on players and if you run up a debt doing so we will brand you as incompetent

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:13 - Dec 5 with 3740 viewsartsbossbeard

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:10 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

No doubt Evans would turn up, reach into his pocket open his wallet and hand over £6million all saintly like, with a halo above his head on December 24th. So long as we paid it back.

You got properly owned on here last night over this and you start again this morning.

Good work.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:27 - Dec 5 with 3700 viewsStokieBlue

Buy out Evans - the solution on 08:10 - Dec 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

You're acting like the end of a bell.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024