Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. 09:26 - Dec 9 with 6047 viewsCheltenham_Blue

With those two, we're going to need lots of crosses coming in and I'm not sure we've got the quality there at the moment.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:28 - Dec 9 with 5631 viewsRoyKeanesDog

What's Mahon up to these days?

Poll: Best Football Song

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:28 - Dec 9 with 5631 viewsMullet

Gestede would be ideal for us, and actually I think we'd see more crosses because he'd hold up the ball enough to push it back out wide.

I just can't imagine it's anything other than someone looking through Lambert's ex-players and people liking the suggestion. He must be way out of our wage structure alone.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:33 - Dec 9 with 5574 viewsHerbivore

Gestede on loan would be ideal but I imagine he's out of our league wage wise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:35 - Dec 9 with 5573 viewstractorboy1978

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:28 - Dec 9 by Mullet

Gestede would be ideal for us, and actually I think we'd see more crosses because he'd hold up the ball enough to push it back out wide.

I just can't imagine it's anything other than someone looking through Lambert's ex-players and people liking the suggestion. He must be way out of our wage structure alone.

We have to do something or we are going down without a whimper. Decent proven players are going to cost money.
This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:40 - Dec 9 with 5520 viewsMJallday

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:35 - Dec 9 by tractorboy1978

We have to do something or we are going down without a whimper. Decent proven players are going to cost money.

Given that the tv revenue drop between the EFL and L1 is approx 6.3 million, I’d say that anything under than needs to be in our transfer budget and wage structure

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:42 - Dec 9 with 5503 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:33 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

Gestede on loan would be ideal but I imagine he's out of our league wage wise.

If we want to fight relegation, worries about wages will need to go out of the window!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:48 - Dec 9 with 5466 viewsbontcho

I can only see one max of these coming in. We’re only going to play one big target man centre forward and the wages and loan spaces could be better spent elsewhere. Crouch is at least getting sub appearances so I wonder if Gestede is more realistic? Obviously we wouldn’t pay all his wages so we’d need a bit of luck there, are Boro trying to raise funds for anyone?

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:49 - Dec 9 with 5455 viewsRadlett_blue

Crouch came off the bench for Stoke yesterday. Why would they let him go to us, unless we paid all his presumably large wages plus a loan fee?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:57 - Dec 9 with 5386 viewsbontcho

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:49 - Dec 9 by Radlett_blue

Crouch came off the bench for Stoke yesterday. Why would they let him go to us, unless we paid all his presumably large wages plus a loan fee?

Unless Crouch tried to force a move (which is unlikely, it’s not as if he lives this way for example) then it’s not going to happen. Gestede seems less unrealistic.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:35 - Dec 9 with 5231 viewsMullet

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:35 - Dec 9 by tractorboy1978

I totally agree, but have zero faith in Evans and need to see it from him first. The thing which strikes me is that he is a bind. He wants to sell the club but can't do that easily in League 1 (Barnsley sold theirs about now).

Therefore he needs to invest. If he does that he'll want more money.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:44 - Dec 9 with 5204 viewstractorboy1978

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:35 - Dec 9 by Mullet

I totally agree, but have zero faith in Evans and need to see it from him first. The thing which strikes me is that he is a bind. He wants to sell the club but can't do that easily in League 1 (Barnsley sold theirs about now).

Therefore he needs to invest. If he does that he'll want more money.

If Lambert isn't backed and deals aren't getting over the line early on in January then Evans will come under serious fire. The vast majority (almost everyone I'd argue) are behind Lambert and Evans will have the finger pointed firmly in his direction.

I think Evans is deluded personally. I'm sure these papers stories are far from reliable but if he wants anything near the reported figures then he will be waiting for a long time.
This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:57 - Dec 9 with 5152 viewsGuthrum

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:44 - Dec 9 by tractorboy1978

If Lambert isn't backed and deals aren't getting over the line early on in January then Evans will come under serious fire. The vast majority (almost everyone I'd argue) are behind Lambert and Evans will have the finger pointed firmly in his direction.

I think Evans is deluded personally. I'm sure these papers stories are far from reliable but if he wants anything near the reported figures then he will be waiting for a long time.

Agreed. Any remaining support for the owner will evaporate if he doesn't back the manager in this fight for survival.

An admission of defeat as early as January would be utterly disgraceful.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:58 - Dec 9 with 5138 viewschicoazul

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:57 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Agreed. Any remaining support for the owner will evaporate if he doesn't back the manager in this fight for survival.

An admission of defeat as early as January would be utterly disgraceful.

Can you, or anyone else, see Evans subsidising even half of Gestede or Crouch's wages, enormous as they no doubt are?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:01 - Dec 9 with 5112 viewsHerbivore

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:42 - Dec 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

If we want to fight relegation, worries about wages will need to go out of the window!!

But if we're 10 points adrift come January I suspect Evans won't want to throw good money after bad. I expect we'll end up with a couple of loans but not of the quality of Gestede, especially if we're still well adrift.

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:05 - Dec 9 with 5086 viewsGuthrum

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 10:58 - Dec 9 by chicoazul

Can you, or anyone else, see Evans subsidising even half of Gestede or Crouch's wages, enormous as they no doubt are?

Does he want a club in the Championship or in League One?

Is that worth half a million pounds (£20k per week for six months)? Probably a smaller investment than buying a lower Champ-level/top L1 striker.

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 5067 viewsGuthrum

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:01 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

But if we're 10 points adrift come January I suspect Evans won't want to throw good money after bad. I expect we'll end up with a couple of loans but not of the quality of Gestede, especially if we're still well adrift.

Is 10 points too much to make up over half a season? Especially given the teams above are not exactly picking up points often themselves.

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:16 - Dec 9 with 5046 viewschicoazul

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:05 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Does he want a club in the Championship or in League One?

Is that worth half a million pounds (£20k per week for six months)? Probably a smaller investment than buying a lower Champ-level/top L1 striker.

That's all very well, but can you honestly see him do it? What does his track record tell us?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:21 - Dec 9 with 5010 viewschristiand

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:09 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

Is 10 points too much to make up over half a season? Especially given the teams above are not exactly picking up points often themselves.

Basically, 4 four wins without the other sides above us getting any points. Not forgetting we've only won 1 game the whole season to date!! I really can't see our form changing that much come January, even with the new additions. Yes, we might win a few more games and have a bit more quality in the side in key areas, but to suddenly turn pitiful into play off form, that is going to take an amazing turn around!! I agree with Herbivore, I think ME will look at it and if it is 10 points+ gap then we'll make a couple of loan additions to show a token effort to the supporters, but basically accept League One is where we are heading.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:51 - Dec 9 with 4905 viewsBlueBadger

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:16 - Dec 9 by chicoazul

That's all very well, but can you honestly see him do it? What does his track record tell us?

My gut feeling is that if we're as far adrift then as we are now, there'll be very little activity because we're 'looking to the long term' and he'll be gambling on Lambert(assuming he stays) getting us up again on first attempt.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 12:46 - Dec 9 with 4741 viewsHerbivore

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:09 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

I'd say so, yes. We'd need to go from bottom of the table form to play off form over the remaining 20 games (realistically nobody is coming in any earlier than Rotherham at home) in order to stay up. We don't look remotely capable of that, even if we were to make a couple of additions. We need to take between 7 and 9 points over the 5 games between now and then imo to keep ourselves well in touch and make survival plausible. I think that haul narrows the gap and we would have a fighting chance, maintain our current form and we could be 10 points plus off and it's too big an ask.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 13:19]

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 12:56 - Dec 9 with 4706 viewsRoyKeanesDog

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 12:46 - Dec 9 by Herbivore

I'd say so, yes. We'd need to go from bottom of the table form to play off form over the remaining 20 games (realistically nobody is coming in any earlier than Rotherham at home) in order to stay up. We don't look remotely capable of that, even if we were to make a couple of additions. We need to take between 7 and 9 points over the 5 games between now and then imo to keep ourselves well in touch and make survival plausible. I think that haul narrows the gap and we would have a fighting chance, maintain our current form and we could be 10 points plus off and it's too big an ask.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 13:19]

Call me a foolish optimist, but I think it is possible. We do look remotely capable of it. Lambert was right, if a little hyperbolic, when he said that we are not far off being a top team.

Not looking remotely capable would mean we are running around like headless chickens- but we're not. We have shown glimpses of being able to pick up the form of a mid table side (depressing statement I know), I think we just need a bit of momentum and a couple of bits of moderate quality in January.

I'm not saying we're going to stay up for sure, just saying that we've still got to wait at least a month to write us off.

Poll: Best Football Song

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 13:21 - Dec 9 with 4634 viewsHerbivore

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 12:56 - Dec 9 by RoyKeanesDog

Call me a foolish optimist, but I think it is possible. We do look remotely capable of it. Lambert was right, if a little hyperbolic, when he said that we are not far off being a top team.

Not looking remotely capable would mean we are running around like headless chickens- but we're not. We have shown glimpses of being able to pick up the form of a mid table side (depressing statement I know), I think we just need a bit of momentum and a couple of bits of moderate quality in January.

I'm not saying we're going to stay up for sure, just saying that we've still got to wait at least a month to write us off.

Fair dos. It's not impossible that we stay up but I'd be amazed if we do. We look way off for me and mid table form, which might be achievable with some help, may well not be sufficient to keep us up.

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 13:35 - Dec 9 with 4589 viewsGuthrum

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 11:21 - Dec 9 by christiand

Basically, 4 four wins without the other sides above us getting any points. Not forgetting we've only won 1 game the whole season to date!! I really can't see our form changing that much come January, even with the new additions. Yes, we might win a few more games and have a bit more quality in the side in key areas, but to suddenly turn pitiful into play off form, that is going to take an amazing turn around!! I agree with Herbivore, I think ME will look at it and if it is 10 points+ gap then we'll make a couple of loan additions to show a token effort to the supporters, but basically accept League One is where we are heading.

The four teams above us have achieved two wins between them in the last six matches. Town do not need to accelerate that hard to catch and overhaul them.

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 13:44 - Dec 9 with 4564 viewsstrikalite

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 09:49 - Dec 9 by Radlett_blue

Stoke are just four points off the play-offs, not a chance they'll be releasing players like Crouch imo..
This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 13:49 - Dec 9 with 4548 viewschristiand

This rumour about Crouch and Gestede coming in. on 13:35 - Dec 9 by Guthrum

The four teams above us have achieved two wins between them in the last six matches. Town do not need to accelerate that hard to catch and overhaul them.

Yes and we have 1 win from the last 21 leagues games. I see your point Guthrum I really do it seems achievable, but really we're forgetting how poor we are too. It's a tricky one, I certainly don't want to see us go down, but I do wonder if it is worth PL building a side in January ready for next season? The youngsters have been the big shinning light this season, although PH thought they were overrated. If they are playing regular first team football, I can't see them wanting to go to a Premier League side and wallow in their U23 side. They're better building a reputation with us IMO, instead of chasing the money, that will come.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2018 13:53]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024