Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well oiled machine Tottenham... 16:38 - Dec 23 with 1966 viewsMrTown

If they weren't in debt from the new stadium, and could fund more transfers, would be serious title contender.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 16:50 - Dec 23 with 1933 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think one of the strengths of their team is that they play as a unit that knows one another.

The idea you always have to buy expensive players to improve baffles me. By buying young and developing their players, Tottenham have improved in recent seasons. Selling Bale and replacing with lots of expensive talent took far longer for them to get going.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 16:52 - Dec 23 with 1930 viewsMrTown

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 16:50 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think one of the strengths of their team is that they play as a unit that knows one another.

The idea you always have to buy expensive players to improve baffles me. By buying young and developing their players, Tottenham have improved in recent seasons. Selling Bale and replacing with lots of expensive talent took far longer for them to get going.

2 of their best players cos combined 4 million or something. Kane and All.

You can tell they have been developing together for 4 years now, really fluid in movement, really good team.

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 17:26 - Dec 23 with 1875 viewsStokieBlue

Spurs look very good.

However I know Everton have injuries to defensive midfielders but this selection and style is suicidal against Spurs.

If they keep attacking they could get 7.

Really shows the gap - imagine how badly Everton would do town.....

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 18:32 - Dec 23 with 1790 viewsMrTown

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 17:26 - Dec 23 by StokieBlue

Spurs look very good.

However I know Everton have injuries to defensive midfielders but this selection and style is suicidal against Spurs.

If they keep attacking they could get 7.

Really shows the gap - imagine how badly Everton would do town.....

SB

Hit 6, very close.

Indeed suicidal to go toe 2 toe with Spurs. Think only City and Liverpool could go T2T with them at the moment.

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 18:50 - Dec 23 with 1764 viewsmanchego

We won the League more recently than Spurs. I just wanted to say that.
Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 19:21 - Dec 23 with 1716 viewsPendejo

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 18:50 - Dec 23 by manchego

We won the League more recently than Spurs. I just wanted to say that.

This is the fact I trot out to Spurs fans at every opportunity, doesn't seem to phase them though.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 19:21 - Dec 23 with 1715 viewsWD19

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 16:50 - Dec 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

Talent like Eriksen and Lamela you mean!?
Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 11:18 - Dec 24 with 1531 viewsSamWhiteUK

The thing that I like about Tottenham, especially in attack, is that all their players are of a very similar quality. Alli out injured, bring in Lamela. Kane can't play, Son can start up front. And I think it is this consistency and flexibility that brings them a lot of joy. They won't really ever struggle with injury woes to a "star man"
Login to get fewer ads

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 18:47 - Dec 24 with 1451 viewslinhdi

Well oiled machine Tottenham... on 11:18 - Dec 24 by SamWhiteUK

The thing that I like about Tottenham, especially in attack, is that all their players are of a very similar quality. Alli out injured, bring in Lamela. Kane can't play, Son can start up front. And I think it is this consistency and flexibility that brings them a lot of joy. They won't really ever struggle with injury woes to a "star man"

The ability to do without Kane, or other stars, is pretty much new for this season. There is now a "plan B" that sees a flexible front 3 (perm 3 of Son, Lamela, Dele, Eriksen, Moura), and even the start of a new confidence as Kane often drops behind that thee, causing utter confusion. Kane's passing is massively underestimated.
Look out for 18yo Skipp, just breaking into the first team as a kind of ball-playing midfielder. Absolute talent.

OP makes a valid point about not being able to sign top players, but they'd be looking at 50m+ for anyone able to slot into that team.

Several players are running their contracts down though, incl Alderweireld, Vertonghen and Eriksen, so there's a lot of work to be done even to stand still.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024