Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Don't Know If This Helps....But 15:00 - Jan 4 with 1218 viewsIP12

On Saturday 22nd Dec my 8 yr old grandson was one of the official club mascots at the Sheff Un game. The family (with small boy in tow) waited in the reception area for the days proceedings to start. Slowly the players arrived in reception and my grandson was greeted with fist-pumps, smiles and hugs from every single player that he encountered (and this DOES include Trevoh Chalobah). Photo's were not a problem The end result was one small boy totally in a fabulous world of his own with players he had seen on a pitch talking to him and treating him with respect. Regardless of player performances, results or league positions one small boy (and the family) left Portman Road on that Saturday night with the most wonderful memories that will last a life-time. Old Person's Rant Over.
I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 15:03 - Jan 4 with 1174 viewsPJH

Lovely to read that.
I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 15:27 - Jan 4 with 1086 viewsfactual_blue

Was tim coe there?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 15:32 - Jan 4 with 1057 viewsTractorCam

Thanks for sharing, lovely to read stories like this. A day which will live with your grandson forever!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 15:48 - Jan 4 with 1019 viewsFixed_It

It does help. We are still a pretty special club in the most positive sense of the word. It's important we don't forget that.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 16:01 - Jan 4 with 989 viewsIP12

I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 15:32 - Jan 4 by TractorCam

Thanks for sharing, lovely to read stories like this. A day which will live with your grandson forever!

Never mind my Grandson but as one who had survived the Third Div South, Wemberlee - Wemberlee and Amsterdam on that Saturday evening the club had left an 8 yr old boy with stars and magic in his eyes and an old man understanding just why I was passionate about a small Suffolk football club.
I Don't Know If This Helps....But on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 863 viewsBlueForYou

Very nice to hear. This happens a lot with the pro Rugby guys & its wonderful to hear that Ipswich can do the same. Well done.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024