Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life 13:36 - Jan 6 with 2000 viewsIllinoisblue

And no doubt, even after a lifetime in the well-paid world of football he has bills to pay, but what on earth did Evans say to him when discussing becoming our manager? What promises were made with regard to funding?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:40 - Jan 6 with 1946 viewsElderGrizzly

Maybe there were 2 scenarios given?

If we were within x points it would be strategy A and if more than x points, it would be strategy B?

No def info, but Lambert is not stupid enough to take a job without certain promises. He is/was trying to rebuild his reputation too.
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:46 - Jan 6 with 1898 viewsjjblue84

He can have free holidays in Bermuda any time he likes!
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:47 - Jan 6 with 1893 viewsfooters

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:40 - Jan 6 by ElderGrizzly

Maybe there were 2 scenarios given?

If we were within x points it would be strategy A and if more than x points, it would be strategy B?

No def info, but Lambert is not stupid enough to take a job without certain promises. He is/was trying to rebuild his reputation too.

Your last sentence is why I think he'd likely stay if we do drop down. He hasn't had too long to build anything recently, and this could be a good opportunity for him.

People can blame ME for penny-pinching but he does pay good managers good money.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 1859 viewsthebooks

I'd guess he's on abig whack, a la McCarthy. Perhaps he felt he'd be able to turn it round with a few loan additions? We weren't so far adrift when he joined.
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:50 - Jan 6 with 1860 viewsbluefunk

The only ray of hope for me is that Lambert surely cannot have taken this on without getting the funding commitments he felt he needed - as you say he is a football man and knows how these things work. Hopefully what we are seeing now is the variable that they couldn’t know, how the players would respond, but I find it difficult to believe that PL didn’t get assurances that if a complete rebuild was required, then he would get the backing........didn’t he
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:57 - Jan 6 with 1785 viewsitfcjoe

Chance to almost get free reign to build the club back up? Remember this guy worked for the Venkys.

It is an attractive job in many respects, you make the club your own - but it is a tough one as have one hand tied behind your back

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:00 - Jan 6 with 1747 viewsDubtractor

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:46 - Jan 6 by jjblue84

He can have free holidays in Bermuda any time he likes!

Discount on ticket packages for big sporting events maybe?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:02 - Jan 6 with 1728 viewsstrikalite

He may have thought he could switch formations, work with them on the training ground, install confidence, shuffle the pack,sometimes that can simply work, a bit of luck too - which I will add we have none of, even yesterday...a big bonus for keeping us up, they all believe they're the man to do it, he didn't have too much to lose really, forget a job in the Prem now, that's gone for PL..

The way he spoke yesterday suggests he's frustrated with ME thus far, so maybe loan finances weren't discussed in the detail they probably should have been..
Login to get fewer ads

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 1677 viewsjjblue84

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:00 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

How did that one turn out by the way?
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:13 - Jan 6 with 1647 viewsmr_bean

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:47 - Jan 6 by footers

Your last sentence is why I think he'd likely stay if we do drop down. He hasn't had too long to build anything recently, and this could be a good opportunity for him.

People can blame ME for penny-pinching but he does pay good managers good money.

ME has also paid good money to some extremely sh1t managers.
Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 15:08 - Jan 6 with 1472 viewsIllinoisblue

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:57 - Jan 6 by itfcjoe

Chance to almost get free reign to build the club back up? Remember this guy worked for the Venkys.

It is an attractive job in many respects, you make the club your own - but it is a tough one as have one hand tied behind your back

I'd say right now the tough parts of the job far far far outwiegh the potential attractiveness of being able to build your own ITFC history.

Talking of Blackburn, did I see they are spending SEVEN MILLION on a player from Forest?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 15:17 - Jan 6 with 1429 viewsbraveblue

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 13:47 - Jan 6 by footers

Also pays bad managers very good money.
on 15:34 - Jan 6 with 1359 views_

Lambert’s a smart man, been in football all his life on 14:00 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024