Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time 16:29 - Jan 6 with 4799 viewsmuhrensleftfoot

No chance he will walk away when the club owes the Group £90m. No chance at all that anyone will buy the club from him in its current state (unless there's a billionaire Ipswich fanatic out there that we haven't heard of yet). We can only hope that he changes his ways and backs Lambert and we can rebuild from League One. Anyone who thinks we can escape relegation is deluded.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:34 - Jan 6 with 3494 viewsIllinoisblue

of course it will change nothing but there's no harm in venting. And let's be honest, fans of other clubs would have been rioting by now. Sleepy suffolkers are only now at the "club's in a bit of a state intut buh" stage.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:38 - Jan 6 with 3468 viewsnoggin

Where will the money needed to rebuild come from?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:38 - Jan 6 with 3477 viewstractorboy1978

How long does he keep throwing good money after bad though? He's reaching the point where he may well have to write off the debt.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:42 - Jan 6 with 3455 viewsFixed_It

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:34 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

of course it will change nothing but there's no harm in venting. And let's be honest, fans of other clubs would have been rioting by now. Sleepy suffolkers are only now at the "club's in a bit of a state intut buh" stage.

No harm in venting?!

Whilst there are still enough points available to steer us clear of the abyss (as unlikely as that may be) then I would suggest everyone's energies should be spent in more positive and constructive support - praying for a miracle and urging the team on.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 3442 viewsnoggin

The club might owe him 90 million but it's never going to be a a position to start paying it back, so what's he waiting for. He either writes off a huge part of the debt and sells or he continues to run the club down, losing more money in the process.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:44 - Jan 6 with 3446 viewsbournemouthblue

I thought it was agreed that he couldn't leave the club with the debt if he sold us on any way?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:47 - Jan 6 with 3431 viewsIllinoisblue

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:42 - Jan 6 by Fixed_It

No harm in venting?!

Whilst there are still enough points available to steer us clear of the abyss (as unlikely as that may be) then I would suggest everyone's energies should be spent in more positive and constructive support - praying for a miracle and urging the team on.

You're in denial. We are relegated.

62 - 78 - 81

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:51 - Jan 6 with 3413 viewsFixed_It

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:47 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

You're in denial. We are relegated.

Probably. But not definitely. And giving up is the brst way to make it definite.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:53 - Jan 6 with 3407 viewsIllinoisblue

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:51 - Jan 6 by Fixed_It

Probably. But not definitely. And giving up is the brst way to make it definite.

a few angry tweets and posts on here is going to have precisely zero effect as to what happens on the field.

62 - 78 - 81

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:54 - Jan 6 with 3408 viewsPhilTWTD

There is no way the club can be sold without the debt being wholly or very substantially written off. And that's how things would pan out as and when he sells up, as has been said by ME, Simon Clegg and Ian Milne over the years.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:55 - Jan 6 with 3397 viewsArnieM

“The Club” doesn’t owe the Evans group anything *. It’s Evans’ debt 100% and he has said he will write that debt off if he ever sells.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:11 - Jan 6 with 3340 viewsSmithersJones

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:54 - Jan 6 by PhilTWTD

There is no way the club can be sold without the debt being wholly or very substantially written off. And that's how things would pan out as and when he sells up, as has been said by ME, Simon Clegg and Ian Milne over the years.

It’s largely a moot point, isn’t it though? If Evans was to try to sell the club without writing off the debt then any purchaser would reduce the amount they’d be prepared to pay by a figure similar to the outstanding debt. Given that no one is going to pay £90m for the club, even without the debt, the club is unsaleable unless the debt is written off.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:16 - Jan 6 with 3305 viewsPhilTWTD

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:11 - Jan 6 by SmithersJones

It’s largely a moot point, isn’t it though? If Evans was to try to sell the club without writing off the debt then any purchaser would reduce the amount they’d be prepared to pay by a figure similar to the outstanding debt. Given that no one is going to pay £90m for the club, even without the debt, the club is unsaleable unless the debt is written off.

Exactly the last bit.
The on 17:20 - Jan 6 with 3280 viewsStokieBlue

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:38 - Jan 6 by tractorboy1978

How long does he keep throwing good money after bad though? He's reaching the point where he may well have to write off the debt.

Can you lend me a hundred?

I won't be paying it back though, you'll have to write it off.

It's very easy to talk about money when it's someone else's, lots of people on here seem to have no problem spending or writing off other peoples money. He probably will have to write it off if he wants to sell but the callous way many fans seem to want him to lose his money even though he keeps the club afloat is a bit strange.

ITFC really is in a catch 22 situation at the moment unfortunately.

SB
[Post edited 6 Jan 2019 17:21]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:33 - Jan 6 with 3223 viewslinhdi

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:34 - Jan 6 by Illinoisblue

Did a fans' protest ever help any club to succeed? I'm struggling to think of one.

Unless we unearth someone prepared to put more money in than Evans, then we are stuffed if he goes.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:37 - Jan 6 with 3204 viewsMalcolmBlue

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 16:54 - Jan 6 by PhilTWTD

Thanks for clearing it up Phil, out of interest though if he's that willing to write off the debt do you know why he hasn't done so already? If the current level of debt is the stumbling block for any potential buyer (and Evans is serious about selling) wouldn't it make sense just to wipe the debt away sooner rather than later?

I thought I should ask just in case you had more info on this or have overheard anything. It just strikes me as weird that Marcus would be willing to risk us going down if he's serious about selling as I'd imagine the value of Ipswich will plummet after going down and his investment would have to increase further to key us afloat if he stays (which I'm guessing from him scaling back on investments wouldn't be something he'd be willing to do)

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

The on 17:45 - Jan 6 with 3174 viewstractorboy1978

The on 17:20 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

It's very easy to talk about money when it's someone else's, lots of people on here seem to have no problem spending or writing off other peoples money. He probably will have to write it off if he wants to sell but the callous way many fans seem to want him to lose his money even though he keeps the club afloat is a bit strange.

SB

Where have I said I want him to lose his money? I'd much rather he didn't have to write it off. The only way that happens is if we get promoted to the Premiership. We look as far away from that at the moment as I can possibly imagine. He basically has three options:

1. Write the debt off and try to sell the club

2. Keep investing £6m a season (less required if we get relegated) in the hope we miraculously somehow get to the top flight eventually

3. Cut all funding and the club goes into administration and to complete ruins and he sees nothing back

As I said previously, option 2 looks like throwing good money after bad. It looks a question of how much he is willing to lose.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:48 - Jan 6 with 3155 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Evans has the club by the balls though doesn't he? The Club don't own PR and Evan's owns the Playford Road training site which he could get a lot of money back from should he sell that for housing!

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

The on 17:53 - Jan 6 with 3132 viewsgt81

The on 17:20 - Jan 6 by StokieBlue

SB

That's not really how it works though is it?

It's like buying a new car and expecting to sell it at showroom price 10 years later, it isn't going to happen.

The money you paid for it at the outset and all running costs are a sunk cost, any decision to keep or sell the car should not be made on the basis of recovering those sunk costs.
The on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 3114 viewsclivenutbolt

The on 17:53 - Jan 6 by gt81

That's not really how it works though is it?

It's like buying a new car and expecting to sell it at showroom price 10 years later, it isn't going to happen.

The money you paid for it at the outset and all running costs are a sunk cost, any decision to keep or sell the car should not be made on the basis of recovering those sunk costs.

Everyone seems to be ignoring the biggest factor in all of this - to sell the club there needs to be someone out there who wants to buy it and invest the sort of money everyone knows the club needs to be successful,regardless of how much of that debt evans writes off.Until there is someone out there wanting to throw money at the club nothing will happen.
The on 18:03 - Jan 6 with 3081 viewsgt81

The on 17:57 - Jan 6 by clivenutbolt

Everyone seems to be ignoring the biggest factor in all of this - to sell the club there needs to be someone out there who wants to buy it and invest the sort of money everyone knows the club needs to be successful,regardless of how much of that debt evans writes off.Until there is someone out there wanting to throw money at the club nothing will happen.

Aye, I can't speak for others but I myself am aware of that. Which is why my prediction for the club is quite gloomy (at this time).

Whether Evans stays or goes we won't be competitive at this level for the foreseeable.
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 3047 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Of course he will be willing to lose some of that £90m - if he receives a reasonable offer that enables him to cut his losses. However as you point out the likelihood of someone making such an offer is minimal

Agree that we are definitely getting relegated, unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The on 18:31 - Jan 6 with 3020 viewsPhilTWTD

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:37 - Jan 6 by MalcolmBlue

Thanks for clearing it up Phil, out of interest though if he's that willing to write off the debt do you know why he hasn't done so already? If the current level of debt is the stumbling block for any potential buyer (and Evans is serious about selling) wouldn't it make sense just to wipe the debt away sooner rather than later?

I thought I should ask just in case you had more info on this or have overheard anything. It just strikes me as weird that Marcus would be willing to risk us going down if he's serious about selling as I'd imagine the value of Ipswich will plummet after going down and his investment would have to increase further to key us afloat if he stays (which I'm guessing from him scaling back on investments wouldn't be something he'd be willing to do)

I assume it's left on the books in case the club's position changes significantly and he's able to negotiate some return relating to it. However, that's just me speculating, accountants may have a better idea. He did write off around £1.5m in the play-off season - think it was that season - as we would otherwise have been over the FFP limit.

In terms of any buyer, I think they'll look at the situations at other similar clubs in the recent past. Bolton is an obvious example, their previous owner wrote off about £100m in debt to make the sellable to the current owner.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 18:33 - Jan 6 with 3010 viewsjas0999

The on 18:31 - Jan 6 by PhilTWTD

I assume it's left on the books in case the club's position changes significantly and he's able to negotiate some return relating to it. However, that's just me speculating, accountants may have a better idea. He did write off around £1.5m in the play-off season - think it was that season - as we would otherwise have been over the FFP limit.

In terms of any buyer, I think they'll look at the situations at other similar clubs in the recent past. Bolton is an obvious example, their previous owner wrote off about £100m in debt to make the sellable to the current owner.

This post has been edited by an administrator

What’s the word Phil? We expecting to hear from Evans or do you think he’s done and looking to accept less for the club than he would want?
The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 18:47 - Jan 6 with 2983 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

The "Evans Out" brigade are wasting their time on 17:37 - Jan 6 by MalcolmBlue

I'd assume because if we somehow managed to get promoted he could still get his debt back. Unlikely I know but once it's written off it might be harder to then take money out of the club?

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024