Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think we're seeing the death of No deal... 14:14 - Jan 9 with 15709 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:18 - Jan 9 with 4657 viewsbluelagos

It gets better

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:18 - Jan 9 with 4652 viewswkj

This is going to get tasty, no longer will leavers vs remainers be a thing, it will be leavers vs different sort of leavers vs other types of leavers vs remainers

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 4643 viewsSteve_M

Perhaps. Don't forget though that is the default option on 29 March, something significant has to change for that not to happen.

That we now know that Article 50 can be rescinded right until the last minute should mean it won't happen but, given the incompetence of the leadership of both main parties, it might very well do so.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 4611 viewsHerbivore

It's quite incredible really. Sovereignty is meant to be a key thing for Brexiteers except it seems when that sovereignty might stop them getting their own way. Why anyone would object to parliament being able to stop Brexit getting kicked down the road and leaving us tumbling out by default is beyond me. MPs shouldn't be advocating for a catastrophe.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:23 - Jan 9 with 4611 viewsStokieBlue

To be fair though, whilst it's an outcome myself and many will like, the accusations against Bercow by the Tories are pretty fair.

He’s gone against protocol and clerk advice (it seems) in order to allow something he agrees with. Duncan-Smith pointed out he didn’t allow this when he asked for it many times in the past so it does all look a little impartial.

Happy with the result but I also think Bercow might have overstayed his welcome. His handling of the JC stuff the other week was strange as well.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:24 - Jan 9 with 4609 viewsbluelagos

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:22 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

It's quite incredible really. Sovereignty is meant to be a key thing for Brexiteers except it seems when that sovereignty might stop them getting their own way. Why anyone would object to parliament being able to stop Brexit getting kicked down the road and leaving us tumbling out by default is beyond me. MPs shouldn't be advocating for a catastrophe.

They are actually complaining at being given more powers. And in the next few minutes will be voting against being given more powers...

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 4566 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

That programme died when they introduced the new concept of Box 23.

Oh I see..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 4569 viewsbontcho

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:22 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

It's almost as if they want the catastrophe isn't it! One can only wonder why.....

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:29 - Jan 9 with 4553 viewsGlasgowBlue

I don't want us leaving with no deal (tbh I don't want us to leave the EU for reasons I gave recently) but the vote last night was meaningless.

No deal is the default position on March 29 unless the commons have a majority for either a) May's deal b) any other type of deal c) a second referendum.

There isn't a majority in the house for any of the above so all of this fcuking about sees us crash out with no deal.

As for Chuka's tweet. It is unprecedented for a Speaker to select a motion so the MP's complaining have a valid point. Just because you don't agree with their position on Brexit doesn't make their point any less valid.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:30 - Jan 9 with 4543 viewsbluelagos

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:24 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

They are actually complaining at being given more powers. And in the next few minutes will be voting against being given more powers...

There we have it. Vote won. The Govt will have to present a Plan B in 3 days rather than wind the clock down to a "No deal". (if it loses next week)

Parliament asserting it's authority over the government.

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 4510 viewsGlasgowBlue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:30 - Jan 9 by bluelagos

There we have it. Vote won. The Govt will have to present a Plan B in 3 days rather than wind the clock down to a "No deal". (if it loses next week)

You seem to be under the impression that the government desires a no deal. They don't.

Iron Lion Zion

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 4520 viewsSteve_M

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:23 - Jan 9 by StokieBlue

To be fair though, whilst it's an outcome myself and many will like, the accusations against Bercow by the Tories are pretty fair.

He’s gone against protocol and clerk advice (it seems) in order to allow something he agrees with. Duncan-Smith pointed out he didn’t allow this when he asked for it many times in the past so it does all look a little impartial.

Happy with the result but I also think Bercow might have overstayed his welcome. His handling of the JC stuff the other week was strange as well.

SB

Although:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 with 4495 viewsHerbivore

It's unusual to see a government defeated so regularly and still remain in power. These are extraordinary times in every way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:33 - Jan 9 with 4492 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 by Steve_M

Although:

Careful, you'll be accused of whatabouttery soon.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:33 - Jan 9 with 4495 viewsJ2BLUE

No deal was always going to die.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:33 - Jan 9 with 4503 viewschicoazul

But No Deal is the default regardless of what MPs want, since they voted to activate Article 50.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:34 - Jan 9 with 4498 viewsXYZ

Taking back control, I think it could be referred to.
Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 with 4483 viewsGlasgowBlue

Although:

When leavers put the threat of a punishment budget, falling house prices, higher unemployment, a 2016/17 recession etc as a counter argument to the Brexit Bus, people such as your good self object to the "the other side are doing it as well" argument.

You have just done that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 14:35]

Iron Lion Zion

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 with 4486 viewswkj

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

It's unusual to see a government defeated so regularly and still remain in power. These are extraordinary times in every way.

Is it not the case that the Monarchy can step in if that happens and request them to attempt to re-form a government? I know the monarchy isn't allowed to push their own agenda into it, but i swear i read that can intervene if a government is unable to govern effectively, such as the case seems to be here.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 with 4484 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:18 - Jan 9 by wkj

This is going to get tasty, no longer will leavers vs remainers be a thing, it will be leavers vs different sort of leavers vs other types of leavers vs remainers

Splitters!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:36 - Jan 9 with 4472 viewsGlasgowBlue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:32 - Jan 9 by Herbivore

So why doesn't the leader of the opposition move a motion of confidence in the government then?

Iron Lion Zion

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:37 - Jan 9 with 4460 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:35 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

When leavers put the threat of a punishment budget, falling house prices, higher unemployment, a 2016/17 recession etc as a counter argument to the Brexit Bus, people such as your good self object to the "the other side are doing it as well" argument.

You have just done that.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2019 14:35]

Called it!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:38 - Jan 9 with 4453 viewsSpruceMoose

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:36 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

So why doesn't the leader of the opposition move a motion of confidence in the government then?

Because he's a useless, charmless, scheming twonk?

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:39 - Jan 9 with 4441 viewsStokieBlue

Although:

I don’t think we want to go down the route of many wrongs make a right.

It’s also far more complex than that. If this is now an accepted precedence then any back bencher can amend motions at any time possibly tying parliament up in total knots. Perhaps that is the way it should be but it shouldn’t have been decided by a single person a whim going against what all speakers previously had done.

It’s a good result for the country but I think it will have knock-on effects.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:40 - Jan 9 with 4425 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Think we're seeing the death of No deal... on 14:33 - Jan 9 by J2BLUE

No deal was always going to die.

Noel Edmonds didn’t think so..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024