Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This "spying" at Derby thing 23:13 - Jan 11 with 3887 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Can't see a thread on it here but what do people think? As Charlie Nicholas says hasn't it always happened? Isn't it up to clubs to secure their training grounds if they are doing anything in training they don't want opposition to be aware of?

I find it strange Lampard (and others) are making such a deal over it and yet he says he won't report It to the FA. On what grounds was the chap removed by the police? Was he actually on private property?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:36 - Jan 11 with 3516 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Mountain out of a molehill.

Surely the police would only be involved if it was trespass?

To call it 'springs' is just sensationalist journalism.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:44 - Jan 11 with 3493 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:36 - Jan 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

I presume you mean "spying" when you say "springs".

It is the trespass element they should be embarrassed about if that is the case. Is that the only way they could get to see what they wanted to see?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:46 - Jan 11 with 3486 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:36 - Jan 11 by Marshalls_Mullet

Trespass is not a crminal issue.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:50 - Jan 11 with 3470 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:46 - Jan 11 by sparks

What grounds do you reckon the police removed the chap?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:53 - Jan 11 with 3457 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:50 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

What grounds do you reckon the police removed the chap?

No idea- they can probably arrange to remove - but trespass per se is not a criminal offence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:57 - Jan 11 with 3450 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:53 - Jan 11 by sparks

No idea- they can probably arrange to remove - but trespass per se is not a criminal offence.

Yes, I wasn't arguing about that. Perhaps they turned up (not sure why they wouldn't just say nothing we can do hard luck) and asked him to leave and he agreed but I find there are some missing details in the reports.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:10 - Jan 12 with 3428 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:57 - Jan 11 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I wasn't arguing about that. Perhaps they turned up (not sure why they wouldn't just say nothing we can do hard luck) and asked him to leave and he agreed but I find there are some missing details in the reports.

Derby should have faked some free kick routines.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:15 - Jan 12 with 3419 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:10 - Jan 12 by sparks

Derby should have faked some free kick routines.

That might explain ours. We spend so long faking them in training to fool the opposition we end up doing the fake ones on the pitch on match day too!

I wonder, in general, how often is there anything unique that is revealed in training that would not be evident from previous matches?

Login to get fewer ads

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:15 - Jan 12 with 3419 viewsnorth_stand77

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:53 - Jan 11 by sparks

That's correct, trespass in itself is not a criminal offence.

They could have just asked him to leave, or removed him to prevent a breach of the peace.
This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:30 - Jan 12 with 3397 viewsjeera

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:15 - Jan 12 by north_stand77

That's correct, trespass in itself is not a criminal offence.

They could have just asked him to leave, or removed him to prevent a breach of the peace.

I don't understand the whole trespass thing.

My brother-in-law has had all sorts of trouble with people trespassing on some land he owns. They're not just cutting through either - these are people living at neighbouring properties who venture on there with deliberate intent to cause damage or steal.

He tried to report blatant trespassing to the police and, as you and Bully rightly point out, it's not an offence. Of course the damage they do is, but that's not been proven.

I wonder how you go about pursuing it as a civil matter.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:47 - Jan 12 with 3372 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:30 - Jan 12 by jeera

My brother-in-law has had all sorts of trouble with people trespassing on some land he owns. They're not just cutting through either - these are people living at neighbouring properties who venture on there with deliberate intent to cause damage or steal.

He tried to report blatant trespassing to the police and, as you and Bully rightly point out, it's not an offence. Of course the damage they do is, but that's not been proven.

ASBOs and all that I would suspect.

See also trying to remove squatters and travellers.

There must be a better system that is still fair mustn't there?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:53 - Jan 12 with 3355 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:30 - Jan 12 by jeera

Trespass is a tort- a civil wrong. You can sue for damages and/or an injunction.

Reality of course, is that some kids who collect a football from your front garden have caused no real harm or damage so you get £1 and pay their costs of the trial :-)

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:56 - Jan 12 with 3352 viewsjeera

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:47 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

ASBOs and all that I would suspect.

See also trying to remove squatters and travellers.

There must be a better system that is still fair mustn't there?

I don't like my Bro-in-Law tbh. Mostly cos he's a cu**.

But my sister is generally a nice person and doesn't need the grief.

One of the neighbours stole a tree. An actual grown tree.

I was angry on their behalf but couldn't help but admire the audacity.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:01 - Jan 12 with 3340 viewsjeera

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:53 - Jan 12 by sparks

Trespass is a tort- a civil wrong. You can sue for damages and/or an injunction.

Reality of course, is that some kids who collect a football from your front garden have caused no real harm or damage so you get £1 and pay their costs of the trial :-)

Oh this is a bit more than that Buls.

They've had their barn broken into and equipment stolen.

Animals freed up in the night from secure sheds and left to roam for foxes to slaughter.

I would have cameras everywhere if it were mine but he doesn't seem organised enough to sort it out properly.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:04 - Jan 12 with 3335 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:01 - Jan 12 by jeera

Oh this is a bit more than that Buls.

They've had their barn broken into and equipment stolen.

Animals freed up in the night from secure sheds and left to roam for foxes to slaughter.

I would have cameras everywhere if it were mine but he doesn't seem organised enough to sort it out properly.

That's not trespasss- its breaking and entering, criminal damage, theft etc...

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:09 - Jan 12 with 3326 viewsjeera

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:04 - Jan 12 by sparks

That's not trespasss- its breaking and entering, criminal damage, theft etc...

I know mate, but all he's been able to prove is someone being on the place at other times and no evidence for the rest.

I'm too tired to go into it in depth and don't want to bore you anyway, but this has been a campaign for years now. He outbid a neighbour who wanted the land.

The tree thing actually made me laugh like I say.

It was cut down and the next thing you know there's a fresh pile of fire wood on the neighbours driveway.

The police weren't over-interested because that was from a piece of adjoining land that my bro-in-law rents and the owner is too rich to care.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:15 - Jan 12 with 3320 viewssparks

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:09 - Jan 12 by jeera

I know mate, but all he's been able to prove is someone being on the place at other times and no evidence for the rest.

I'm too tired to go into it in depth and don't want to bore you anyway, but this has been a campaign for years now. He outbid a neighbour who wanted the land.

The tree thing actually made me laugh like I say.

It was cut down and the next thing you know there's a fresh pile of fire wood on the neighbours driveway.

The police weren't over-interested because that was from a piece of adjoining land that my bro-in-law rents and the owner is too rich to care.

You can get an injunction if there is evidence of persistent or malicious trespass. Probably not worth the costs risk in most circumstances. ..

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:28 - Jan 12 with 3308 viewsjeera

This "spying" at Derby thing on 01:15 - Jan 12 by sparks

You can get an injunction if there is evidence of persistent or malicious trespass. Probably not worth the costs risk in most circumstances. ..

That's worth knowing, thanks, but yes you're probably right regarding costs.

It's a funny set up there really.

Derbyshire village where everyone knows everyone, (typical village in that respect), but the local councillor has it in for him and pounces on everything B-in-L attempts to do on the land, seems to be pally with the local plod and they all seem to be pally with all the locals, including the neighbours.

They, (him and sis) don't live there as such you see. Only 10 mins drive away but it's pretty localised politics around there!

Locals want him out and it's his only ally who lives up there who has reported seeing these people wandering about on there. Not much to go on I know.

I have witnessed some of this behaviour there so can vouch he's not paranoid.

The local councillor showed up one Saturday afternoon, while I was there doing some jobs alone, with her husband and dog and a clipboard to take some notes on something or other. Just wandered on unannounced like it was normal to do so. Really strange.

This "spying" at Derby thing on 06:39 - Jan 12 with 3166 viewsshamboy

This "spying" at Derby thing on 00:15 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

That might explain ours. We spend so long faking them in training to fool the opposition we end up doing the fake ones on the pitch on match day too!

I wonder, in general, how often is there anything unique that is revealed in training that would not be evident from previous matches?

The spy will have been there to try to establish player availability, team selection and pattern of play, more than set pieces.
This "spying" at Derby thing on 07:37 - Jan 12 with 3091 viewsSuperfrans

Unless the FA confirm that this is not allowed and threatens some kind of punishment, it will be chaos - loads of clubs will start sending scouts to training grounds, clubs will have to start heightening security, fans wont be able to turn up to training sessions. It will be nuts.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

This "spying" at Derby thing on 07:39 - Jan 12 with 3081 viewswkj

Bunch of waffle to me to be honest. Maybe not in the best form from Leeds, but ultimately a big noise over something pretty minor.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This on 09:02 - Jan 12 with 2919 viewsJohnny_Boy

This "spying" at Derby thing on 23:46 - Jan 11 by sparks

Apart from the Ice T film, "Trespass", which was criminally Shiiiite.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 9:04]
This "spying" at Derby thing on 09:04 - Jan 12 with 2902 viewsMullet

Sub-standard Jose type stuff - all to give Bielsa a bit of mystique and fans and the media to focus on something else whilst both managers go about their business.

Provides excuses all round.

Better than gangsters wanting money.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

This on 09:08 - Jan 12 with 2875 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is a bit weird by Swansea_Blue 11 Jan 2019 13:25
I bet that's Old Git & ToiletBlue in Derby's equivalent of the Roy Keane Memorial Bushes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This "spying" at Derby thing on 09:09 - Jan 12 with 2872 viewshampstead_blue

Listening to Jermaine Jenas on 5 live yesterday you'd have thought someone had stolen the crown jewels.

This is a non-story.
Leeds are doing nothing wrong. Sending a scout to a match to watch them prepare is a good idea.
So long as no laws are broken, go for it.

I'd expect small drones to be sent up to video training sessions.

Nothing wrong with that. If it's secret, do it indoors.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024