Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second Half 17:54 - Jan 12 with 6643 viewsSchancheITFC

What’s the thoughts of fans who were there. My views are, midfield no composure, not looking after the ball well enough as a team, persistent fouling, Rotherham playing some great stuff. Whistle happy ref
Second Half on 18:00 - Jan 12 with 5696 viewsDennyx4

Agree midfield didn't have much composure apart from Chalobah.

Thought Rotherham resorted to just putting it into the box as much as possible, rather than playing great stuff, not a dig at Rotherham, we usually cave in to those tactics.

Collins was my man of the match - absolutely fantastic, you could see him screaming at players to help organise - he gave everything and looked like he was running on empty for the last 15 minutes.
Second Half on 18:02 - Jan 12 with 5685 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

3 points.

Nerves understandable. Was basically a cup final.

New faces.

No negatives to take away.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Second Half on 18:03 - Jan 12 with 5657 viewsbluejacko

I have no idea what is said at halftime but it really needs to be sorted!
Clueless and panicked ‘football’ making the opposition look world class.
Second Half on 18:05 - Jan 12 with 5640 viewsfloridaboy

Second Half on 18:02 - Jan 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

3 points.

Nerves understandable. Was basically a cup final.

New faces.

No negatives to take away.

Considering the 4 new boys have had very little game time the win will give everyone a massive confidence boost.

Huws back in the squad as well. Skuse will benefit from the game after missing 7.

3pts are 3pts!

Well done Town!! And a great crowd!
Second Half on 18:06 - Jan 12 with 5627 viewsHerbivore

Second half we were awful. Lambert put a side together with loads of changes in the hope of getting a win and it worked. Just. However, we will need to be better over the remaining 19 games to stay up. I'm hopeful we will be, there are glimmers there at times.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Second Half on 18:09 - Jan 12 with 5575 viewsArnieM

We were incapable of keeping the hall in the middle or up front - hence the pressure on the defence, who I thought were outstanding . Make no mistake , without Collosis Collins in there today we would have folded. Not sure why Kenlock didn’t keep his place ( injured? As not on the bench ) . Thought Nsiala got his head to a few at the end . We needed all hands to the pump.

My biggest gripe is this:

WHY do refs constantly get conned by “ soft touch” supposed fouls on opposition players who go down at the slightest touch , yet our player get nothing , ie the body check on a Town player 2nfs half ref gives morning . I
Think we got two fouls awarded all bloody game !

Millers players were time wasting in the FIRST half and ref does nothing , then had a word with Gerkin in the second half for supposedly similar . It’s the inconsistency that gets me. It boarders on ref bias.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Second Half on 18:10 - Jan 12 with 5564 viewsWhymarkmariner

Second Half on 18:06 - Jan 12 by Herbivore

Second half we were awful. Lambert put a side together with loads of changes in the hope of getting a win and it worked. Just. However, we will need to be better over the remaining 19 games to stay up. I'm hopeful we will be, there are glimmers there at times.

Is it just me or do refs seem to will whoever Town play to equalise or beat us or does this Division just have a load of crap refs,
Second Half on 18:14 - Jan 12 with 5545 viewsgt81

Quite possibly the most dismal performance I've seen at PR. Our midfield was completely non-existant.

Ball lumped up, given away every time. It was like a training game where you purposely give the ball to the attackers and say "off you go, overwhelm the defense".

We defended stoically in places but that level of performance isn't going to keep us up.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 18:15]
Login to get fewer ads

Second Half on 18:18 - Jan 12 with 5504 viewsPositivelyPortman

Second Half on 18:14 - Jan 12 by gt81

Quite possibly the most dismal performance I've seen at PR. Our midfield was completely non-existant.

Ball lumped up, given away every time. It was like a training game where you purposely give the ball to the attackers and say "off you go, overwhelm the defense".

We defended stoically in places but that level of performance isn't going to keep us up.

For the moment, let’s rejoice in 3pts gained.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Second Half on 18:33 - Jan 12 with 5416 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Oh my God. How do you get through the day.

What a horrific post.

If you can't be happy today, I'm not sure why you follow football.

One of the worst ever posts on TWTD! Horrific.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Second Half on 18:42 - Jan 12 with 5366 viewsBurwell_Blue

Second Half on 18:33 - Jan 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

What a horrific post.

But accurate. Was awful viewing.
Second Half on 18:57 - Jan 12 with 5300 views44_not_out

Hopefully you were only there because of the offer.... thanks for coming but your ‘support’ will not be missed. Jog on pal.....
Second Half on 19:03 - Jan 12 with 5260 viewsgt81

What a horrific post.

Or maybe I don't shy away from uncomfortable truths like the weak.

I'm glad we won, but that sort of performance will not keep us up. I know it, you know it, Paul Lambert knows it, the world and their dog knows it, but heaven forbid anyone actually say it.
Second Half on 19:13 - Jan 12 with 5218 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Second Half on 19:03 - Jan 12 by gt81

I'm glad we won, but that sort of performance will not keep us up. I know it, you know it, Paul Lambert knows it, the world and their dog knows it, but heaven forbid anyone actually say it.

We had four new players, not match fit, skuse just returning.

We will likely get better, rather than worse or the same.

Get a grip man.

Second Half on 19:14 - Jan 12 with 5211 viewsBlueySwede

If I was the manager I would have brought on Bishop instead of Downes..we needed to get hold of the ball in the second half..Still, we did it!
Second Half on 19:15 - Jan 12 with 5203 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Second Half on 18:42 - Jan 12 by Burwell_Blue

But accurate. Was awful viewing.

Couldn't care less!

Second Half on 19:15 - Jan 12 with 5201 viewsReuser_is_God

Couldn’t give a fook

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Second Half on 19:19 - Jan 12 with 5167 viewsgt81

Second Half on 19:13 - Jan 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

We had four new players, not match fit, skuse just returning.

We will likely get better, rather than worse or the same.

Get a grip man.

I'm aware of that, but it doesn't change the fact that today we were poor, and lucky that we were playing Rotherham.

The OP asked for an opinion of TODAY'S game, from those in attendance, and I gave an honest assessment.

We might play brilliant next week, and the week after, but my opinion won't change until I see the evidence.
Second Half on 19:21 - Jan 12 with 5144 viewsEly_Blue

Second Half on 19:03 - Jan 12 by gt81

That sort of performance won’t keep us up?

That performance got us a win, a 1-0 win, so in theory another 19 performances like that and we will have another19 wins!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Second Half on 19:29 - Jan 12 with 5115 viewsHerbivore

Second Half on 19:21 - Jan 12 by Ely_Blue

That sort of performance won’t keep us up?

That performance got us a win, a 1-0 win, so in theory another 19 performances like that and we will have another19 wins!

Hmm, we were a touch fortunate to win and Rotherham are a poor side so not sure that logic holds. We need to be better than today to stay up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Second Half on 19:43 - Jan 12 with 5059 viewsmrshallisfit

Second Half on 19:15 - Jan 12 by Marshalls_Mullet

Couldn't care less!

For once myself and Marshall's Mulley agree. I've lost my voice at the of the game but we got 3 points and that is all that matters. I think Burwell needs to lie down in a darken room and treat herself to a long hard frig.
Second Half on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 4992 viewsbadadski

Second Half on 19:43 - Jan 12 by mrshallisfit

For once myself and Marshall's Mulley agree. I've lost my voice at the of the game but we got 3 points and that is all that matters. I think Burwell needs to lie down in a darken room and treat herself to a long hard frig.

Another inept ref performance. Can’t believe the amount of crap refs we get. Collins was a collossus and next to him chambers looked like a different defender. Midfield were bad, skuse rusty and chalk bag was constantly being beat to the second ball and
Not battling for aerial balls at all. I have never seen such and undefender type defender in all my life. He has a great amount of control and composure but games like this needed someone who was more battle hardened for me . Lankester had some great runs and is like a first season Bishop, not afraid at all to try things. Sears ran him self ragged although a shame in second half he didn’t have more composure to run a bit before laying off as was 2 on 1 and didn’t need the quick ball which would have left us with a one v one.

Either which way I loved the atmosphere and the fight.
Second Half on 20:02 - Jan 12 with 4980 viewstomo

Decent first half, poor second and better sides would have ended up beating us. However the fact we didn’t concede is encouraging, we defended superbly. A very MM esque performance *Puts tin hat on*
Second Half on 20:17 - Jan 12 with 4925 viewsTheBoyBlue

What a horrific post.

Bleak in light of a win, but true. If we play like that, we won't get anything from the vast majority of teams. Rotherham were dreadful too. That said, hopefully gives us confidence and with the new players settling in, we improve. But let's not get carried away with this.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Second Half on 20:19 - Jan 12 with 4912 viewsbraveblue

Poor tactics second half. Whole team in our box for a throw in. Surely one could stay up the field. Ball just kept coming back. Skuse and Chabolah hardly won a racket.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024