Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bishop Targeting New Town Deal 22:15 - Jan 15 with 3771 viewsNewsTWTD

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/35277/bishop-targeting-new-town-deal

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 07:31 - Jan 16 with 3139 viewsjjblue84

He looks like someone who works in a ski rental shop!
Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 13:25 - Jan 16 with 3079 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

on 13:28 - Jan 16 with 3065 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 13:35 - Jan 16 with 3057 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:28 - Jan 16 by _

You make it sound like he's deliberately getting injured... I know you've said you'll be staggered if he makes it here, and you may well be right, but sometimes you do sound like you would prefer to be right than wrong regarding Bishop's future at the club!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

on 13:53 - Jan 16 with 3030 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 13:35 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

You make it sound like he's deliberately getting injured... I know you've said you'll be staggered if he makes it here, and you may well be right, but sometimes you do sound like you would prefer to be right than wrong regarding Bishop's future at the club!

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 13:57 - Jan 16 with 3027 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:53 - Jan 16 by _

"The club took the option and now I’m in the same situation again this season, being out of contract this year.

I will just keep doing my best for the team when I get a chance and hopefully everything will sort itself out and I’ll get a new deal.”

Not absurd. Just the reality of the situation. What's he supposed to say? That he hopes he doesn't stay fit and doesn't get a new deal. No suggestion there that he thinks he deserves one currently.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

on 14:17 - Jan 16 with 2987 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 13:57 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

"The club took the option and now I’m in the same situation again this season, being out of contract this year.

I will just keep doing my best for the team when I get a chance and hopefully everything will sort itself out and I’ll get a new deal.”

Not absurd. Just the reality of the situation. What's he supposed to say? That he hopes he doesn't stay fit and doesn't get a new deal. No suggestion there that he thinks he deserves one currently.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:18 - Jan 16 with 2985 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 13:53 - Jan 16 by _

Looks like he can handle one from what I've seen. But, you know, players get subbed.

You keep making the point about him not having played a full 90 minutes but I'm not really sure what you expect to gain from it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

on 14:21 - Jan 16 with 2975 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:18 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

Looks like he can handle one from what I've seen. But, you know, players get subbed.

You keep making the point about him not having played a full 90 minutes but I'm not really sure what you expect to gain from it.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:22 - Jan 16 with 2975 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:21 - Jan 16 by _

"There’s nothing stopping him from putting a string of 90 minute performances together from now till the end of the season and winning a contract."

That's all he seems to be saying though.

on 14:23 - Jan 16 with 2968 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:22 - Jan 16 by SpruceMoose

"There’s nothing stopping him from putting a string of 90 minute performances together from now till the end of the season and winning a contract."

That's all he seems to be saying though.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:24 - Jan 16 with 2971 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:23 - Jan 16 by _

Something we would all love to see for sure.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:32 - Jan 16 with 2958 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 14:21 - Jan 16 by _

It's a point well made, we all know it.

Surely it's not about whether he has completed 90 or not... but if he looks like he can.

"There’s nothing stopping him from putting a string of 90 minute performances together" - well there is. The manager might sub him, for a variety of reasons. Doesn't mean he isn't capable of lasting 90.

If he's fit and playing well it would be madness not to offer him a contract IMO, regardless of how many full 90s he completes. It's a red herring IMO.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 14:49 - Jan 16 with 2934 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:32 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

It's a point well made, we all know it.

Surely it's not about whether he has completed 90 or not... but if he looks like he can.

"There’s nothing stopping him from putting a string of 90 minute performances together" - well there is. The manager might sub him, for a variety of reasons. Doesn't mean he isn't capable of lasting 90.

If he's fit and playing well it would be madness not to offer him a contract IMO, regardless of how many full 90s he completes. It's a red herring IMO.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 14:52 - Jan 16 with 2929 viewsSpruceMoose

on 14:49 - Jan 16 by _

Again, I think that's all he is saying!

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 15:01 - Jan 16 with 2907 viewsBrixtonBlue

You've made your assessment on stats over his career, I've made mine on how he's playing right now, post injury. He's been tearing about the pitch and is looking fully fit (and confident).

If he doesn't complete what you'd consider an acceptable amount of full 90s, getting rid would be unfair and daft if there are reasons other than fitness (the manager wants to make a tactical switch for whatever reason, for example).

I trust the manager, doctors and physios to know if he's fit or not.

I do understand why you're hung up on the 90 minute thing - it would indeed be a good indicator if he completes a few - but I think it's more nuanced than simply that.

on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 2860 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 15:01 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

You've made your assessment on stats over his career, I've made mine on how he's playing right now, post injury. He's been tearing about the pitch and is looking fully fit (and confident).

If he doesn't complete what you'd consider an acceptable amount of full 90s, getting rid would be unfair and daft if there are reasons other than fitness (the manager wants to make a tactical switch for whatever reason, for example).

I do understand why you're hung up on the 90 minute thing - it would indeed be a good indicator if he completes a few - but I think it's more nuanced than simply that.

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 08:35 - Jan 17 with 2603 viewsPositivelyPortman

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 15:01 - Jan 16 by BrixtonBlue

If Bishop was playing well and controlling the midfield, making telling passes, creating attempts on goal, and maybe even scoring - he may get a full 90 mins on the pitch to prove his worth.
I don’t think PL has seen that contribution from him so far.
Surely if PL really did rate him, then he’d have come on in Saturday’s game and not Dawkins.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:02 - Jan 17 with 2580 viewsBurwell_Blue

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 08:35 - Jan 17 by PositivelyPortman

If Bishop was playing well and controlling the midfield, making telling passes, creating attempts on goal, and maybe even scoring - he may get a full 90 mins on the pitch to prove his worth.
I don’t think PL has seen that contribution from him so far.
Surely if PL really did rate him, then he’d have come on in Saturday’s game and not Dawkins.

He was told that he was not coming on Sat as he 'has no defensive game'
Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:41 - Jan 17 with 2557 viewsitfcjoe

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:02 - Jan 17 by Burwell_Blue

Also, he's not a right winger which is where the change was made

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 10:01 - Jan 17 with 2530 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 10:56 - Jan 17 with 2489 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 16:13 - Jan 16 by _

Yeah, you?

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:03 - Jan 19 with 2369 viewsBrixtonBlue

Looks like Mr. Lambert agrees with me

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/paul-lambert-on-teddy-bishop-co

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:11 - Jan 19 with 2352 viewsBluefish

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:02 - Jan 17 by Burwell_Blue

Was he disappointed in that? I can't tell from how you've written it if he took that as fair enough or whether he disagrees? I'm sure the forwards wanted to come on as well but would accept we were grinding out a win with backs to the wall. I am a massive bishop fan and think libero is making himself look ridiculous

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

on 10:27 - Jan 19 with 2306 views_

Bishop Targeting New Town Deal on 09:11 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

Was he disappointed in that? I can't tell from how you've written it if he took that as fair enough or whether he disagrees? I'm sure the forwards wanted to come on as well but would accept we were grinding out a win with backs to the wall. I am a massive bishop fan and think libero is making himself look ridiculous

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024