Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? 10:19 - Jan 18 with 3331 viewsconnorscontract

Your end of the country and as clear a case of brutalist immigration policy as you'll ever see. Are you and your Asylum network contacts up on this case?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/18/home-office-refuses-to-let-great

Lest we forget what Theresa May's "determination" to "see things through" does to real people. In this case an elderly couple who came as refugees from the Ayatollah's revolution in Iran, settled in Scotland, integrated, had a family now spanning 3 more generations, including a daughter who works in the NHS, and her autistic son.

And now to be deported.

Fck hostile environment.
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:24 - Jan 18 with 3299 viewsStokieBlue

Ridiculous.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:28 - Jan 18 with 3283 viewsChampionship

Common sense must eventually come into play here? stupid situation.
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:29 - Jan 18 with 3296 viewsDyland

Unbefookinlievable.

And shameful.

What the fook is wrong with this once great country.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:33 - Jan 18 with 3269 viewsfactual_blue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:29 - Jan 18 by Dyland

Unbefookinlievable.

And shameful.

There are too many large village greens.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

lollers (n/t) on 10:38 - Jan 18 with 3249 viewsDyland

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:33 - Jan 18 by factual_blue

There are too many large village greens.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:53 - Jan 18 with 3215 viewsCoachRob

FCO advice is not to travel to Iran unless essential, okay to deport people their though apparently.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/iran/safety-and-security
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:01 - Jan 18 with 3195 viewsDarth_Koont

Can't see this being an issue in an independent Scotland. Unfortunately, as with most things, the rest of the country and common sense itself, are held hostage by the government's need to fend off/compete for votes with UKIP.

Pronouns: He/Him

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:06 - Jan 18 with 3172 viewsSwansea_Blue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:29 - Jan 18 by Dyland

Unbefookinlievable.

And shameful.

Theresa May

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:07 - Jan 18 with 3169 viewsconnorscontract

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 10:28 - Jan 18 by Championship

Common sense must eventually come into play here? stupid situation.

In many of the Windrush cases they actually deported British citizens, because there was no proof in the Home Office records of them being British citizens. Because the Home Office had destroyed all the records.

So, no, not too confident that common sense will come into play, sadly. It's all about having a "strong and stable" "hostile environment", and common sense, or in this case the expert evaluation of an independent psychologist, doesn't come into it. I guess because "we've all had quite enough of experts".
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:14 - Jan 18 with 3151 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just seen this.

The Home Office seems to have lost any sense of humanity when dealing with cases like this. It's as if the department is being run by a computer with absolutely no input form a human being who has a sense of what is right or wrong.

This all goes back to Cameron's obsession with getting immigration numbers down.

One thing I don't understand though. If they came here as visitors in 1978 then how how they managed to work and pay tax without being picked up before? From what the article says they didn't make a claim to stay under human rights law until 2013.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:18 - Jan 18 with 3142 viewsSwansea_Blue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:14 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen this.

The Home Office seems to have lost any sense of humanity when dealing with cases like this. It's as if the department is being run by a computer with absolutely no input form a human being who has a sense of what is right or wrong.

This all goes back to Cameron's obsession with getting immigration numbers down.

One thing I don't understand though. If they came here as visitors in 1978 then how how they managed to work and pay tax without being picked up before? From what the article says they didn't make a claim to stay under human rights law until 2013.

Yeah, I noticed that. It seems a bit odd. It doesn't look like they're supposed to be here, but as you say only a complete tvvat would deport them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:23 - Jan 18 with 3123 viewsGlasgowBlue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:18 - Jan 18 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, I noticed that. It seems a bit odd. It doesn't look like they're supposed to be here, but as you say only a complete tvvat would deport them.

Herein lies the problem. Nobody supports illegal immigration but at the same time nobody with an ounce (or 30 grams for our reamainer friends) of humanity would want to see these people torn apart from their family.

Maybe there should be a statute of limitation for this sort of issue.

Iron Lion Zion

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:28 - Jan 18 with 3109 viewsNo9

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:14 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen this.

As I remember it after the Ayatolla came back to Tehran a lot of Iranians came to the UK and many are still here, particularly in medicine and dental work

Many of these were people who were either fleeing from what they saw as an opressive regime and many who had worked got the Anglo Iranian Petroleum Co which was essentaily B.P. who had their assets confiscated when they got kicked out.

You are right in pointing the finger at Cameron but Mrs May is more the culprit, as we have seen as H.S. she didn't want to do much work on who was what but more to get them out, isn't that what caused the Windrush thing?
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:43 - Jan 18 with 3077 viewsGlasgowBlue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:28 - Jan 18 by No9

As I remember it after the Ayatolla came back to Tehran a lot of Iranians came to the UK and many are still here, particularly in medicine and dental work

Many of these were people who were either fleeing from what they saw as an opressive regime and many who had worked got the Anglo Iranian Petroleum Co which was essentaily B.P. who had their assets confiscated when they got kicked out.

You are right in pointing the finger at Cameron but Mrs May is more the culprit, as we have seen as H.S. she didn't want to do much work on who was what but more to get them out, isn't that what caused the Windrush thing?

A point of order regarding Windrush. The decision to destroy the landing cards, which would have been used as proof for how long somebody had resided in the UK, was taken in 2009. Labour were in government and it was a year before May became Home Secretary.

She was responsible for the "hostile environment" policy for illegal immigrants in 2012. But again, who on here supports illegal immigration?

Those from the Windrush generation who were deported were victims of bad luck that the government introduced a policy to clamp down on illegal immigration just three years after the Home Office took the decision to destroy the only proof that they had to show they resided here legally.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:43]

Iron Lion Zion

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:03 - Jan 18 with 3039 viewsNo9

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 11:43 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

A point of order regarding Windrush. The decision to destroy the landing cards, which would have been used as proof for how long somebody had resided in the UK, was taken in 2009. Labour were in government and it was a year before May became Home Secretary.

She was responsible for the "hostile environment" policy for illegal immigrants in 2012. But again, who on here supports illegal immigration?

Those from the Windrush generation who were deported were victims of bad luck that the government introduced a policy to clamp down on illegal immigration just three years after the Home Office took the decision to destroy the only proof that they had to show they resided here legally.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 11:43]

I was hoping you would stick th the Iranian issue but no I might have guessed as usual it is always someone elses problem
Mrs May didn't put vans on the street telling immigrants to go home than?
That must have been Mr Corbyn.
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:06 - Jan 18 with 3030 viewsGlasgowBlue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:03 - Jan 18 by No9

I was hoping you would stick th the Iranian issue but no I might have guessed as usual it is always someone elses problem
Mrs May didn't put vans on the street telling immigrants to go home than?
That must have been Mr Corbyn.

"I was hoping you would stick th(e) the Iranian issue"

errrrr. It was you who brought up Windrush. I was correcting you on the issue.

Iron Lion Zion

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:28 - Jan 18 with 2980 viewsNo9

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:06 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

"I was hoping you would stick th(e) the Iranian issue"

errrrr. It was you who brought up Windrush. I was correcting you on the issue.

I pointed out why people came from Iran
You brought up the Home Office & it was the Home Office under Mrs May that put into practice the actions people now find objectionable.

This governemtn has admited it made mistakes but go back to why the Iranians were welcomed you asked why they had not been picked up before well that was pre 2010 they had been accepted
This all should demonstrate even to you what Mrs May's influnce has

Yes?
One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:42 - Jan 18 with 2966 viewsBlueBadger

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:28 - Jan 18 by No9

I pointed out why people came from Iran
You brought up the Home Office & it was the Home Office under Mrs May that put into practice the actions people now find objectionable.

This governemtn has admited it made mistakes but go back to why the Iranians were welcomed you asked why they had not been picked up before well that was pre 2010 they had been accepted
This all should demonstrate even to you what Mrs May's influnce has

Yes?

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Fred is actually somebody's comedy account. Nobody is this dim in reality, right?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:45 - Jan 18 with 2961 viewsGlasgowBlue

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:42 - Jan 18 by BlueBadger

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Fred is actually somebody's comedy account. Nobody is this dim in reality, right?

But he's fluent in ancient Urdu.

Iron Lion Zion

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:49 - Jan 18 with 2957 viewsBlueBadger

One for you to get your teeth into, Glassers? on 12:45 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

But he's fluent in ancient Urdu.

One of the great languages of prehistoric East Anglia.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024