Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marcus Evans 14:00 - Jan 18 with 4705 viewsBoxerBlue

At the beginning of the month I couldn’t stand the bloke and was absolutely furious about what was happening to our great club with him in charge and couldn’t honestly see any way forward other than for him to go/sell

Fast forward a few weeks and he is SLOWLY winning me over with the transfers ie Collins Judge Quaner Keane the news coming out of
the club all very positive uniting the club etc

Still a long way too go but here’s hoping for more of the same

COYB!

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

Marcus Evans on 14:05 - Jan 18 with 2992 viewsartsbossbeard

Hi Rommy, how's tricks?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Marcus Evans on 14:11 - Jan 18 with 2973 viewschicoazul

10 years of incompetence and stupid decision after stupid decision but the bloke bankrolls Colin Quaner and all is forgiven. No thanks Jeff.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marcus Evans on 14:16 - Jan 18 with 2961 viewsSteve_M

Marcus Evans on 14:11 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

10 years of incompetence and stupid decision after stupid decision but the bloke bankrolls Colin Quaner and all is forgiven. No thanks Jeff.

Wait until he does another 'interview' right after we've been relegated.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Marcus Evans on 14:17 - Jan 18 with 2945 viewschicoazul

Marcus Evans on 14:16 - Jan 18 by Steve_M

Wait until he does another 'interview' right after we've been relegated.

"We're going to try something different"

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Marcus Evans on 14:18 - Jan 18 with 2937 viewsFrimleyBlue

It's because Evans has never been the one to blame.

He provides his trust in his managers.

He gave the fans what they wanted. Trusted that man and it went tits up.

Now we have a competent manager

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Marcus Evans on 14:20 - Jan 18 with 2925 viewswkj

Evans is not slowly winning me over. Far too many bridges need repairing, the biggest one being January 2015. At best I am feeling a wee bit less angry at him.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Marcus Evans on 14:23 - Jan 18 with 2907 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 14:17 - Jan 18 by chicoazul

"We're going to try something different"

I could get behind that. How about we try being fooking good off the back of smart decisions and increased funding for a while.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Marcus Evans on 14:27 - Jan 18 with 2877 viewsSteve_M

Marcus Evans on 14:18 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Yep, it's in now way down to Evans that a new manager was able to dismantle a half-decent Championship squad and effectively relegate the club before the start of the season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Marcus Evans on 14:32 - Jan 18 with 2851 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:18 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

"It's because Evans has never been the one to blame."

I will give you three massive fk ups which he very much is to blame for

* January 2015 - Need bodies to sustain our challenge on automatic promotion; this didn't come to the degree we needed

* Hired 3 utter morons - Keane, Jewel and Hurst

* Hiring bumbling business men to advise and run the business, but no one to advise him about football, except 'arry, or a departing manager to suggest a replacement.

Evans is pointing in an upward trend now, I grant you that - but to say he is blameless or never the one to blame is utterly naive and blind.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 14:33]

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 2835 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 14:32 - Jan 18 by wkj

* January 2015 - Need bodies to sustain our challenge on automatic promotion; this didn't come to the degree we needed

* Hiring bumbling business men to advise and run the business, but no one to advise him about football, except 'arry, or a departing manager to suggest a replacement.

Evans is pointing in an upward trend now, I grant you that - but to say he is blameless or never the one to blame is utterly naive and blind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Marcus Evans on 14:33 - Jan 18 with 2835 viewsStokieBlue

A few transfers over the holiday period have won you over but the previous 100m he spent didn't?

He's made mistakes but some of the vitriol on here was way over the top.

SB
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 14:34]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Marcus Evans on 14:34 - Jan 18 with 2828 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:33 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

I wish my Colón could belt them out like that.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:35 - Jan 18 with 2815 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 14:34 - Jan 18 by wkj

I wish my Colón could belt them out like that.

You need more fibre mate.

Marcus Evans on 14:36 - Jan 18 with 2807 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:35 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

You need more fibre mate.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:41 - Jan 18 with 2789 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 14:32 - Jan 18 by wkj

Rightfully your opionion.

I can see why he went for those 3 managers. Not that I agree but I can understand why.

At the time Keane was hot property after taking Sunderland up and Evans backed him financially

Jewell had experience and in fairness signed some good players but didn't work out.

Hurst was pretty much 99% of this boards vote for manager so can't really see how Evans can be blamed

New contract extensions were handed out during that 2015 seasons. That's investment. Mick also did bring in some players. There's a limit to all investment as we've seen. Doesn't mean he doesn't it's just there is a limit. Hence for me of that limit is reached then the fault isn't his to take.

The only gripe I agree with is he football running side. But when you have someone like a Mick involved and heavily involved maybe he didn't want interference, something Mick kept saying about the positives of just being left alone.

Evans also spoke with various managers regarding managerial replacements. Including Mick himself.

That's my view. But I appreciate yours.

Hopefully now regardless of how weve seen it before, everything can be seen as positive going forwards.

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 14:42 - Jan 18 with 2781 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:41 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Rightfully your opionion.

I can see why he went for those 3 managers. Not that I agree but I can understand why.

At the time Keane was hot property after taking Sunderland up and Evans backed him financially

Jewell had experience and in fairness signed some good players but didn't work out.

Hurst was pretty much 99% of this boards vote for manager so can't really see how Evans can be blamed

New contract extensions were handed out during that 2015 seasons. That's investment. Mick also did bring in some players. There's a limit to all investment as we've seen. Doesn't mean he doesn't it's just there is a limit. Hence for me of that limit is reached then the fault isn't his to take.

The only gripe I agree with is he football running side. But when you have someone like a Mick involved and heavily involved maybe he didn't want interference, something Mick kept saying about the positives of just being left alone.

Evans also spoke with various managers regarding managerial replacements. Including Mick himself.

That's my view. But I appreciate yours.

Hopefully now regardless of how weve seen it before, everything can be seen as positive going forwards.

Not an opinion, he literally did all 3 of those things, or in the case of the first point, didn't

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Jan 18 with 2770 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 14:42 - Jan 18 by wkj

Not an opinion, he literally did all 3 of those things, or in the case of the first point, didn't

The scourge of the modern age is people thinking 'But muh feelings' is in anyway an answer to stone cold facts.

Marcus Evans on 14:47 - Jan 18 with 2760 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

The scourge of the modern age is people thinking 'But muh feelings' is in anyway an answer to stone cold facts.

Depends where the facts are

Mentioning 3 managerial failures and pushing the blame on the owner rather than failings of the managers themselves...

It's not factual. They didn't work out. But they didn't go sour because of Evans they went sour because of themselves

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 14:47 - Jan 18 with 2759 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:44 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

You and Hoppy know this already, but I have absolutely no emotions about me and am mentally decimated.

I am just an empty shell filled with a mix of obscurity, and facts.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:48 - Jan 18 with 2756 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 14:47 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

Mentioning 3 managerial failures and pushing the blame on the owner rather than failings of the managers themselves...

It's not factual. They didn't work out. But they didn't go sour because of Evans they went sour because of themselves

The second scourge of the modern age is the inability to back down and concede in a dispute when your position is proved untenable.

Marcus Evans on 14:56 - Jan 18 with 2733 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 14:47 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

As a CEO/Owner, Your business is only as strong as the people you hire.

It is factual that Evans made the hiring decisions, and those hiring decisions were flawed.

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 14:59 - Jan 18 with 2720 viewsxrayspecs

I suspect that says more about you than it does about Marcus Evans
Marcus Evans on 15:01 - Jan 18 with 2713 viewsFrimleyBlue

Marcus Evans on 14:56 - Jan 18 by wkj

As a CEO/Owner, Your business is only as strong as the people you hire.

It is factual that Evans made the hiring decisions, and those hiring decisions were flawed.

At the time of hiring why were they flawed

Waka waka eh eh

Marcus Evans on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 2684 viewswkj

Marcus Evans on 15:01 - Jan 18 by FrimleyBlue

At the time of hiring why were they flawed

Keane's promotion wasn't exactly covered in glory at the time, a very very very very long list of transfers, a number of them were questionable - so he brute forced it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/5207753/Roy-Keane-

Jewel had been out of the management game for so so long, and his last season in the game before us was an utter balls up of epic proportions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/16/paul-jewell-derby-county

Hurst, one might be able to be a bit more forgiving about, though Evans gave him far too free reign of the club and had no one vetting his transfers, except maybe Mr Magoo.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:10]

Crybaby

Marcus Evans on 15:10 - Jan 18 with 2664 viewsSpruceMoose

Marcus Evans on 15:08 - Jan 18 by wkj

Keane's promotion wasn't exactly covered in glory at the time, a very very very very long list of transfers, a number of them were questionable - so he brute forced it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/ipswich-town/5207753/Roy-Keane-

Jewel had been out of the management game for so so long, and his last season in the game before us was an utter balls up of epic proportions

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/dec/16/paul-jewell-derby-county

Hurst, one might be able to be a bit more forgiving about, though Evans gave him far too free reign of the club and had no one vetting his transfers, except maybe Mr Magoo.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 15:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024