Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Germans have finally twigged 13:15 - Jan 18 with 9952 viewsjjblue84

They need us more than we need them, their economy is screwed, the Euro project set for a terrible year, come on Theresa pull your finger out!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-46918009
The Germans have finally twigged on 13:17 - Jan 18 with 5654 viewsSomethingBlue

Think your views are a century or two out of date chap.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:18 - Jan 18 with 5649 viewsitfcjoe

Yes, Jens Lehmann.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:19 - Jan 18 with 5629 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:21 - Jan 18 with 5602 viewsNo9

Er maybe you should read it
The Germans have finally twigged on 13:22 - Jan 18 with 5594 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:18 - Jan 18 by itfcjoe

Yes, Jens Lehmann.

We will miss "going to the pub after work hours to drink an ale", "tea with milk", "seeing the panto at Christmas".

Signed by 23 leaders in German politics and business plus the former Arsenal goalie.

Iron Lion Zion

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 5554 viewsfactual_blue

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:21 - Jan 18 by No9

Er maybe you should read it

That begs a question....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:21 - Jan 18 with 5420 viewsDarth_Koont

Not really. They of course would prefer not to have the hassle and it will have a short-term cost that is dwarfed by our hassle and cost.

They also presumably don't want to have another 2 years of this pointlessness with the UK-EU trade deal on the horizon. While we can look forward to a lovely decade of trade negotiations with them and the rest of the world and bickering among ourselves in Westminster and the media about who is the biggest incompetent tw@t in all of this.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:36 - Jan 18 with 5374 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 13:19 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

Of course in Tony Benn day the British car industry (or aerospace and energy) didn't rely on the German industry for components.
Login to get fewer ads

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:45 - Jan 18 with 5350 viewsm14_blue

This was peddled before the referendum and has already been shown not to be the case. Unless you think the EU will still be influenced by their businesses to completely rewrite the proposed deal? Hope so.

Brexit is bad for Europe, no one denies that, even on their side. However, any pain they suffer will be amplified by many, many times in the UK.

And the really crazy thing is that we’ve chosen to do this to ourselves.

The more I think about it the more bonkers the whole thing is.
The Germans have finally twigged on 14:48 - Jan 18 with 5336 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:45 - Jan 18 by m14_blue

This was peddled before the referendum and has already been shown not to be the case. Unless you think the EU will still be influenced by their businesses to completely rewrite the proposed deal? Hope so.

Brexit is bad for Europe, no one denies that, even on their side. However, any pain they suffer will be amplified by many, many times in the UK.

More importantly there has been a failure in the media to show how badly the UK has already been affected by the referendum.
The Germans have finally twigged on 15:07 - Jan 18 with 5284 viewsLord_Lucan

The Germans will be chasing us down the street for a deal.

As will the others.

What about The European army? There isn't an army in Europe on the same level as UK - despite being decimated by cutbacks.

Who is going to form this wondrous army and how many gears will their tanks need?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 5245 viewsm14_blue

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:07 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

The Germans will be chasing us down the street for a deal.

As will the others.

What about The European army? There isn't an army in Europe on the same level as UK - despite being decimated by cutbacks.

Who is going to form this wondrous army and how many gears will their tanks need?

The French army can’t be far behind ours?

Think there are several other European nations with larger armies too, although perhaps not as technologically advanced.
The Germans have finally twigged on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 5210 viewsEireannach_gorm

Now that you mention cars.

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:35 - Jan 18 with 5204 viewsBlue_Moses

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:48 - Jan 18 by No9

More importantly there has been a failure in the media to show how badly the UK has already been affected by the referendum.

I know a few who have been made redundant just in the past few months
The Germans have finally twigged on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 5189 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:45 - Jan 18 by m14_blue

I disagree. I think that unlike the French, who would cut off their nose to spite their face, the Germans will blink first.

It's noticeable that as Macron made hsi speech about no deal harming the British first, the Germans were making the right noises towards giving May more concessions.

Sometimes people need to step back from thinking about the EU as a single country and remember that it is made up of individual nations, with governments that have to consider what will impact on their own individual economies if their big businesses are hit.

Germany are also aware that the UK, along with themselves and France are the only net contributors to the EU budget. We are a big loss to them financially and if we walk with no deal then there isn't even the £39 billion divorce bill coming their way to make up the shortfall.

Does Germany or France want to take up the slack?

Iron Lion Zion

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:40 - Jan 18 with 5190 viewsm14_blue

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:36 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

I disagree. I think that unlike the French, who would cut off their nose to spite their face, the Germans will blink first.

It's noticeable that as Macron made hsi speech about no deal harming the British first, the Germans were making the right noises towards giving May more concessions.

Sometimes people need to step back from thinking about the EU as a single country and remember that it is made up of individual nations, with governments that have to consider what will impact on their own individual economies if their big businesses are hit.

Germany are also aware that the UK, along with themselves and France are the only net contributors to the EU budget. We are a big loss to them financially and if we walk with no deal then there isn't even the £39 billion divorce bill coming their way to make up the shortfall.

Certainly hope you’re right.

The question is, would Germany be willing to risk the break up of the EU (which could be expedited if it’s made too easy for the UK) for the sake of our trade.

I guess we’re about to find out, although we’d need to get any deal ratified by all 27 member wouldn’t we? Seems a long way off at the moment.
The Germans have finally twigged on 15:53 - Jan 18 with 5166 viewsLord_Lucan

The Germans have finally twigged on 14:48 - Jan 18 by No9

It's affected by uncertainty rather than the result - at this present time anyway.

And in what sector? The retail sector (High Street) is affected by online sales. The high street will no longer exist at this rate.

I walked into my office yesterday for the first time this year only to open my mail and find out that two of my customers have gone into administration - one of them has knocked me for £25k!

This is nothing to do with BREXIT.

The government needs to introduce a mail order tax sharpish otherwise the bricks and mortar retail industry is screwed.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:54 - Jan 18 with 5150 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:40 - Jan 18 by m14_blue

Certainly hope you’re right.

The question is, would Germany be willing to risk the break up of the EU (which could be expedited if it’s made too easy for the UK) for the sake of our trade.

I guess we’re about to find out, although we’d need to get any deal ratified by all 27 member wouldn’t we? Seems a long way off at the moment.

The UK and the EU agreeing on a decent trade deal and amicle departure shouldn't risk the break up of the EU.

Iron Lion Zion

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:04 - Jan 18 with 5148 viewsWhymarkmariner

In my very humble opinion the French have very short memories. If it wasn't for the little old UK the World or a large portion of it would have been under the rule of the Germans. We as a nation are probably one of the most diverse in the World, we welcome peoples from all nations and are in the main far less racist than the Americans. The biggest problem in this Country is that our leaders of Industry are all to willing to sell up great British Companies for a fast buck and Governments have stood by and let it happen. Unions ruined this Country in the 70's with silly industrial actions. I'm not against Unions and believe they have a place to not allow Companies to get away with poor working conditions and pay and I believe that over the last say 10 to 15 years many of the things that were won by Unions have been eroded away whilst greedy bosses have feathered their own nests. Also in my opinion there isn't a Government fit to rule in this Country. The EU has overseen the demise of Greece although we all know that their tax system was a complete joke. Britain is being held to ransom by the EU over Brexit because if they gave us an easy ride other Countries would follow.
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:08 - Jan 18 with 5120 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:54 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

The UK and the EU agreeing on a decent trade deal and amicle departure shouldn't risk the break up of the EU.

It would be helpful oif the tory party could decide if there @rases are punched, bored or countersunk first

& have you not noticed how much money EU countries are spending on the UK leaving?
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:09 - Jan 18 with 5121 viewsjjblue84

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:04 - Jan 18 by Whymarkmariner

In my very humble opinion the French have very short memories. If it wasn't for the little old UK the World or a large portion of it would have been under the rule of the Germans. We as a nation are probably one of the most diverse in the World, we welcome peoples from all nations and are in the main far less racist than the Americans. The biggest problem in this Country is that our leaders of Industry are all to willing to sell up great British Companies for a fast buck and Governments have stood by and let it happen. Unions ruined this Country in the 70's with silly industrial actions. I'm not against Unions and believe they have a place to not allow Companies to get away with poor working conditions and pay and I believe that over the last say 10 to 15 years many of the things that were won by Unions have been eroded away whilst greedy bosses have feathered their own nests. Also in my opinion there isn't a Government fit to rule in this Country. The EU has overseen the demise of Greece although we all know that their tax system was a complete joke. Britain is being held to ransom by the EU over Brexit because if they gave us an easy ride other Countries would follow.

Someone else who didn’t notice Britain lost the war in 1940 when they got in their little boats and fled, being nobly defended by the brave French!
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:10 - Jan 18 with 5115 viewschicoazul

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The Germans have finally twigged on 16:11 - Jan 18 with 5108 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:36 - Jan 18 by GlasgowBlue

To understand the issue you need to understand how much money the UK government has given to German companies and work out how that affects the equation.

You also have to consider the fact the German minister said while the 8% of their export to the UK are important the 92% to other countries are more important.
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:14 - Jan 18 with 5076 viewsMattinLondon

What has 1940 got to do with it?
The Germans have finally twigged on 16:15 - Jan 18 with 5060 viewsNo9

The Germans have finally twigged on 15:53 - Jan 18 by Lord_Lucan

It's affected by uncertainty rather than the result - at this present time anyway.

And in what sector? The retail sector (High Street) is affected by online sales. The high street will no longer exist at this rate.

I walked into my office yesterday for the first time this year only to open my mail and find out that two of my customers have gone into administration - one of them has knocked me for £25k!

This is nothing to do with BREXIT.

The government needs to introduce a mail order tax sharpish otherwise the bricks and mortar retail industry is screwed.

If you recall before the 2010 election the oppostition were making lots of noises about regenerating the high street - they did notning once in government in fact by handing out taxpayers money to the likes of Amazon they made maters worse.

But it sin't just the high street it is other enterprises that are moving out of the UK that is becoming a problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024