Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we had a good second half.... 17:07 - Jan 19 with 1926 viewsHerbivore

.... under Lambert yet? It's a pretty major issue.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:09 - Jan 19 with 1912 viewsReuser_is_God

I think it’s purely coincidental that it’s a second half issue.

The issue is that we concede a goal & we never recover from doing so & it’s often compounded by a second goal within the next 10 minutes.

But yes, a major issue.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 1878 viewsHerbivore

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:09 - Jan 19 by Reuser_is_God

I think it’s purely coincidental that it’s a second half issue.

The issue is that we concede a goal & we never recover from doing so & it’s often compounded by a second goal within the next 10 minutes.

But yes, a major issue.

Not sure it's just when we concede, we were poor second half against Wigan and Rotherham too. It's a big issue, we need to play for 90 minutes.

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:13 - Jan 19 with 1850 viewsChocorange

Is it fitness . Or is it that opposition managers work out how to beat us during the first half?

I saw a league table a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't be in the bottom 3 if it was only first half results that count.

And at that stage Naarwich would have been below us. Last notes result may have changed it.
Have we had a good second half.... on 17:15 - Jan 19 with 1835 viewsReuser_is_God

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:11 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Not sure it's just when we concede, we were poor second half against Wigan and Rotherham too. It's a big issue, we need to play for 90 minutes.

Wigan was poor for the whole game to be fair.

It’s a massive issue though & needs sorting, unfortunately I think it’s more a mental thing which can’t be fixed on the training ground.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:17 - Jan 19 with 1816 viewsDubtractor

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:15 - Jan 19 by Reuser_is_God

Wigan was poor for the whole game to be fair.

It’s a massive issue though & needs sorting, unfortunately I think it’s more a mental thing which can’t be fixed on the training ground.

I think we just need this season to finish and get it out of our system.

Have a Summer of developing a new team and system and go again with a clean slate next season.

This season was finished when we lost against Millwall IMO.

Also, in response to the OP - we were OK second half against WBA, but second half performances are a huge problem, especially away from home.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 17:18]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:21 - Jan 19 with 1794 viewsurbanblue

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:11 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

We were well in it until the penalty second half today.
Have we had a good second half.... on 17:28 - Jan 19 with 1754 viewsHerbivore

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:21 - Jan 19 by urbanblue

We were well in it until the penalty second half today.

And then we conceded two and lost.

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:32 - Jan 19 with 1726 viewsurbanblue

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:28 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

And then we conceded two and lost.

.... and therein is the problem. I feel it IS when we concede that the players appear to have had the stuffing knocked out of them. In fairness, I don't feel today's second half performance was as bad as on other occasions ... Indeed, I would venture to say that it was better then last week in general,
Login to get fewer ads

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:33 - Jan 19 with 1723 viewsVaughan8

I think a major problem is not scoring any goals away.

Since we best Swansea (rather luckily), we have had 8 games in which we have let in 2 or more goals in 7 of the 8 games and scored in one game (albeit 2 goals in that game).

Record lost 7 drew 1. Scored 2, let in 17. That is bad. We need to address this and quickly.
Have we had a good second half.... on 17:34 - Jan 19 with 1713 viewsHerbivore

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:32 - Jan 19 by urbanblue

.... and therein is the problem. I feel it IS when we concede that the players appear to have had the stuffing knocked out of them. In fairness, I don't feel today's second half performance was as bad as on other occasions ... Indeed, I would venture to say that it was better then last week in general,

Although we were also toss second half last week when we didn't concede.

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 1687 viewsurbanblue

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:34 - Jan 19 by Herbivore

Although we were also toss second half last week when we didn't concede.

Yeah, fair enough ... Point taken.
Have we had a good second half.... on 17:43 - Jan 19 with 1648 viewshorsehollerer

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:13 - Jan 19 by Chocorange

Is it fitness . Or is it that opposition managers work out how to beat us during the first half?

I saw a league table a couple of weeks ago that we wouldn't be in the bottom 3 if it was only first half results that count.

And at that stage Naarwich would have been below us. Last notes result may have changed it.

Yep, we are still 3 wins and 3 pts ahead of Norwich in the HT table.

https://www.soccerstats.com/halftime.asp?league=england2

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Have we had a good second half.... on 18:12 - Jan 19 with 1576 viewsGarv

Have we had a good second half.... on 17:33 - Jan 19 by Vaughan8

I think a major problem is not scoring any goals away.

Since we best Swansea (rather luckily), we have had 8 games in which we have let in 2 or more goals in 7 of the 8 games and scored in one game (albeit 2 goals in that game).

Record lost 7 drew 1. Scored 2, let in 17. That is bad. We need to address this and quickly.

The Swansea win wasn't lucky.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Have we had a good second half.... on 18:19 - Jan 19 with 1548 viewswkj

It is a consequence of playing out from the back, something even good teams can fall foul to- If you come out of the blocks hammer and tong, you need to stick goals away early to sit back later in the match and play slower. What a lot of clubs are doing with us is making us press and chase the ball and dictating the tempo, not moving a lot themselves, and come the 2nd half we're knackered, and they push on with their energy advantage.

When playing 'hoofball' the team movement isn't quite as high octane (except those chasing the ICBMs) so you don't fade nearly as much. Not having someone who can score regularly and put pressure on the opposition is a huge issues as it will almost always spell trouble later in the game.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2019 18:21]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024