Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Godolphin link 23:32 - Jan 29 with 3246 viewsbournemouthblue

So we play in Blue which are their colours, we are also based in Suffolk and have a horse on our badge.

If they for some unknown reason they fancied venturing into Football would they genuinely have any interest in us beyond convenience of location in relation to Newmarket? Would there be any sporting benefits to linking up Suffolk's two biggest sporting venues on a business level, would it have any corporate benefits by having another sporting venue on their portfolio?

Putting the controversy of the owner aside, you need owners with this kind of money if you have any ambitions to finish higher than lower mid-table in the Premier League for more than a couple of seasons at least. I can't imagine we're a prime investment opportunity when you have bigger candidates like Leeds or Newcastle for example but who knows?

Stranger things have happened, 10 years ago I was at Uni when Bournemouth were on their knees, they're now an established Premier League club whilst we could be playing in League One next season.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Godolphin link on 23:42 - Jan 29 with 3194 viewsMrTown

The club is not for sale.
Evans till we die.
#NeverANewEra

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Godolphin link on 23:43 - Jan 29 with 3190 viewsLeagueOne

Difference is they had better leadership as a club to turn it around, same with clubs like Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Norwich, and many more who have gotten their acts together while Evans is still peddling the same nonsense he was years ago about how we were competitive because we scraped into the Playoffs by a point one season and then got trounced by our arch rivals. That was a success to him.

We haven't won an FA Cup game for a decade now, we've been humiliated twice against the club he supports Chelsea, we haven't beaten Norwich in 10 years, we have only had two managers he hasn't sacked - because one is in post, and one he didn't renew and he's not had a single manager who hasn't been in a relegation battle here.

The club is a mess because of Evans poor leadership alone, he hasn't a clue what to do with it and still doesnt as proven by the recent nonsense he peddled claiming that tens years of total and absolute failure, 100 million of debt and facing third tier football for the first time since the what, the 1950's, as competitive and a slight hiccup in his plan.

He must think we're all idiots if he thinks anyone believes anything he says. He's underfunded Lambert and signed our relegation warrant in a season where the bottom 6 are so bad we could have actually had a chance of staying up ahd we spent out on a few good players/loans and upped the wages just to stay up - but no, the best we got was two injury hit 30 somethings and a load of loans of players no one else wants.

Evans is a tool.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

The Godolphin link on 23:47 - Jan 29 with 3176 viewsMrTown

The Godolphin link on 23:43 - Jan 29 by LeagueOne

Difference is they had better leadership as a club to turn it around, same with clubs like Brighton, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Norwich, and many more who have gotten their acts together while Evans is still peddling the same nonsense he was years ago about how we were competitive because we scraped into the Playoffs by a point one season and then got trounced by our arch rivals. That was a success to him.

We haven't won an FA Cup game for a decade now, we've been humiliated twice against the club he supports Chelsea, we haven't beaten Norwich in 10 years, we have only had two managers he hasn't sacked - because one is in post, and one he didn't renew and he's not had a single manager who hasn't been in a relegation battle here.

The club is a mess because of Evans poor leadership alone, he hasn't a clue what to do with it and still doesnt as proven by the recent nonsense he peddled claiming that tens years of total and absolute failure, 100 million of debt and facing third tier football for the first time since the what, the 1950's, as competitive and a slight hiccup in his plan.

He must think we're all idiots if he thinks anyone believes anything he says. He's underfunded Lambert and signed our relegation warrant in a season where the bottom 6 are so bad we could have actually had a chance of staying up ahd we spent out on a few good players/loans and upped the wages just to stay up - but no, the best we got was two injury hit 30 somethings and a load of loans of players no one else wants.

Evans is a tool.

He ain’t that bad, he’s alright Evans. Tickets too pricey for what we see in return but he’s alright.
Could do worse to be fair.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

The Godolphin link on 23:50 - Jan 29 with 3153 viewsbournemouthblue

Evans is a tool.

Hurst for all his failings appeared to know he was getting no money so the only way he could get any was to sell all our best players

He clearly had no knowledge of the Championship and level now required in it, he showed he was massively out of his depth but to massively under sell Waghorn and Webster in particular and then pay over the odds for their replacements was a fatal mistake

A lot of clubs have got their acts together and over taken us, it's shocking but relegation to League One will only reflect where we deserve to be given all the downsizing off the pitch beyond the playing and coaching staff. The rest of the club has been downsized to a League One sized operation and that is ultimately where we are going to end up.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 23:50]

The Godolphin link on 23:52 - Jan 29 with 3140 viewsRyorry

I think any such possibility was dismissed several weeks ago as a complete unicorn tbh.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 23:53]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The Godolphin link on 00:03 - Jan 30 with 3095 viewsbournemouthblue

The Godolphin link on 23:52 - Jan 29 by Ryorry

I think any such possibility was dismissed several weeks ago as a complete unicorn tbh.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2019 23:53]

I'm not saying it wasn't, it's just a hypothetical scenario

There's several other takeover scenarios which are equally unlikely

We are taken over by one of these Super Agent Consortiums who own several clubs around Europe and move players between clubs etc

We are taken over by Red Bull who completely destroy your identity in return for results

We have owners perhaps from somewhere like China who fancy a foray into English football

You get one of these owners/chairman who move around other clubs like Milan Mandoric type who comes in facilitates some kind of consortium

You find some mystery super fan who is loaded, I don't see any of these knocking around sadly

The reality is we'll stumble on with Evans until he either gets things right which doesn't seem likely any time soon or he cuts his losses and moves on
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 0:06]

The Godolphin link on 01:36 - Jan 30 with 3016 viewsStenvict

I for one would never return to PR if they were to take over. Think of all those poor horses they have tortured by letting them do what they love to do. I've spoken to a few of their horses and they've told me in confidence how much they hate all the care they receive. And don't get me started on the whip... I've witnessed first hand how much pain it doesn't cause.

Poll: What will be announced first?

The Godolphin link on 01:46 - Jan 30 with 3004 viewsbraveblue

Evans is a tool.

Absolutely correct.
Login to get fewer ads

The Godolphin link on 10:52 - Jan 30 with 2674 viewsBluedandy

Such is the wealth of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum that Ipswich Town under his ownership would become a major force in English football.

Would not take long for the glory hunters to descend in their thousands on Portman Road every other week.

Stranger things in world history have certainly happened but it would be somewhat surreal nonetheless.

And yes, I would happily trade the Suffolk Punch for an Arabian stallion on the club badge.
The Godolphin link on 11:12 - Jan 30 with 2606 viewsNo9

Muslim owners? that will go down well with a few TWTD'ers
The Godolphin link on 11:15 - Jan 30 with 2591 viewsWhymarkmariner

Godolphins horses are better looked after than a lot of kids in this country and certainly better than those war torn Countries peoples. But like their horses I shan't be backing ITFC anytime soon. Although I can see a chink of light and although I'll probably be called insane I think we will get six points out of the next two matches. So Budgies watch out.
The Godolphin link on 11:31 - Jan 30 with 2541 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Im curious to know who the two owners who took over elsewhere, one getting relegated, that Evans turned away. Hopefully some Statto will find it later today.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

The Godolphin link on 11:45 - Jan 30 with 2512 viewsHarry_Palmer

Evans is a tool.

Please name the players we should have signed this window that would realistically have come to the team bottom of the Championship?
The Godolphin link on 12:19 - Jan 30 with 2445 viewsBurwell_Blue

The Godolphin link on 11:31 - Jan 30 by JammyDodgerrr

Im curious to know who the two owners who took over elsewhere, one getting relegated, that Evans turned away. Hopefully some Statto will find it later today.

I would hazard a guess that it was one of the Thais, The Russians or the Chinese that eventually took over Reading.
The Godolphin link on 12:32 - Jan 30 with 2402 viewsBrixtonBlue

We've also had plenty of old nags over the years.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The Godolphin link on 13:00 - Jan 30 with 2339 viewsmonty_radio

The Godolphin link on 10:52 - Jan 30 by Bluedandy

Such is the wealth of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum that Ipswich Town under his ownership would become a major force in English football.

Would not take long for the glory hunters to descend in their thousands on Portman Road every other week.

Stranger things in world history have certainly happened but it would be somewhat surreal nonetheless.

And yes, I would happily trade the Suffolk Punch for an Arabian stallion on the club badge.

The image of Town, in their current state, as a Suffolk Punch thundering down the Rowley Mile would bring no smile to an owner like Godolphin.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024