Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Budgie in peace 12:35 - Feb 4 with 8819 viewsmrtea

I come in peace !
I read lots of worries about the game on Sunday on your forum. I don't see it like that. We all know these local games throws form out of the window so lets see what happens.
I always like to know opposition fans thoughts before a home game , Ipswich no different.
Im going for a draw and hope Lambert gets a sensible response from the home crowd. I think he will with just some idiots forgetting what he did for us.
We are looking pretty strong in depth now , earlier in the season I could see us falling away but less so now. I still have you down as surviving and that will only change if you are still the same gap with 10 games to go. Its still achievable but I can see Reading kicking on for some reason. Its going to be between you and them says my crystal ball.
Us , I think play-offs as if truth I don't like the prem with all the rubbish that comes with it.
Budgie in peace on 12:37 - Feb 4 with 8127 viewsCoco

What is League 1 like?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Budgie in peace on 12:38 - Feb 4 with 8106 viewsSuperblue95

It’s bringing peace. Kill it, bash its legs

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Budgie in peace on 12:40 - Feb 4 with 8060 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

A mate of mine is a budgie and has a tenner on us staying up.

Its funny how you guys have more confidence than we do.

Its an odd one re Sunday, we havent been getting spanked each week.... we've just been consistently losing.

...however, I think we have been let off lightly in some of those defeats.

But hey, what will be will be.... lets hope its a coupon buster!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 with 8039 viewsfooters

Budgie in peace on 12:38 - Feb 4 by Superblue95

It’s bringing peace. Kill it, bash its legs

Niche reference. Have an uppie.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 with 8027 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 by footers

Is it Monty Python or something?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Budgie in peace on 12:45 - Feb 4 with 7991 viewsfooters

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Budgie in peace on 12:46 - Feb 4 with 7959 viewsjeera

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 by Marshalls_Mullet

I'm gonna Google it and pretend I already knew.

Apparently it's from The Simpsons.

Duh, how could you not know that?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Budgie in peace on 12:47 - Feb 4 with 7948 viewsSuperblue95

Budgie in peace on 12:42 - Feb 4 by footers

Would have worked better if he’d said he was bringing love but I guess you can’t have it all

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Budgie in peace on 12:50 - Feb 4 with 7913 viewsurbanblue

Although I think he also wanted to see what strength we have in depth I feel Lambert almost sacrificed the game Saturday for this one. Resting Collins, Chambers, Chalobah, and Keane ... I bet they all start Sunday.

I reckon he desperately wants to get a result for so many more reasons then just the points both for us fans and personally. As you said anything can happen in these games so we'll see eh!
Budgie in peace on 13:03 - Feb 4 with 7780 viewsmrtea

Budgie in peace on 12:37 - Feb 4 by Coco

What is League 1 like?

A lot more fun that the Prem.
Once you get over the disappointment of relegation you start to enjoy it again. Its still 90 mins of footy but with more chance of winning. That why im anti prem, you pay 70% more to watch your team get thumped 80% of the time.

Interesting thoughts on PL resting some players but for me playing them and getting a result would have been a better position for the entire team come Sunday.

One thing he could do for us is change things if not going right, that snot what he is doing for you. Either he has less options on your bench or it was as we all thought in that Ian Culverhouse was the brains.
Budgie in peace on 13:24 - Feb 4 with 7593 viewsHarry_Palmer

Thanks for being kind/modest/diplomatic but lets be honest, you are going to rip us a new one and we all know it.

As for Norwich, anything less than top two now would be a huge opportunity lost, you are clearly one of the best two teams in the league so to blow it now would be a major bottle job.

Oh, and we are never in a million years staying up, which again I think you well know.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 15:22]
Budgie in peace on 14:23 - Feb 4 with 7349 viewslot57

Spoke to budgie mate about going down to league one a couple of weeks ago. He said the budgies went down due to two terrible managers in Roder and Gunn. They also had Hoolaghan, Holt, Chris Martin, Russell Martin plus Frazier Foster in goal all in their prime and far too good for league one plus other good performers such as Darryl Russell and Adam Drury. He reckons all PL had to do was to pick the right 11 and would be a given 3 points each week.
Budgie in peace on 14:31 - Feb 4 with 7284 viewsSteve_M

Budgie in peace on 14:23 - Feb 4 by lot57

Spoke to budgie mate about going down to league one a couple of weeks ago. He said the budgies went down due to two terrible managers in Roder and Gunn. They also had Hoolaghan, Holt, Chris Martin, Russell Martin plus Frazier Foster in goal all in their prime and far too good for league one plus other good performers such as Darryl Russell and Adam Drury. He reckons all PL had to do was to pick the right 11 and would be a given 3 points each week.

Ah, a first post.

Yes your success was definitely nothing to do with Paul Lambert. Did you cry when he left for Villa.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Budgie in peace on 14:34 - Feb 4 with 7257 viewsMaySixth

feck off

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Budgie in peace on 14:44 - Feb 4 with 7211 viewsChampionship

It's very nice of you to come on here and give us cliches about the form book going out the window etc but deep down you know as well as we do that if there's one derby that has gone with form in living memory it's ours. The best we can hope for on your worst day and our best is a lucky draw. Chances are we lose 4 or 5-0. Dreading it.

In a way these threads are worse than the usual variety. You know you have nothing at all to worry about.
Budgie in peace on 15:15 - Feb 4 with 7076 viewsWhymarkmariner

Budgie in peace on 14:44 - Feb 4 by Championship

It's very nice of you to come on here and give us cliches about the form book going out the window etc but deep down you know as well as we do that if there's one derby that has gone with form in living memory it's ours. The best we can hope for on your worst day and our best is a lucky draw. Chances are we lose 4 or 5-0. Dreading it.

In a way these threads are worse than the usual variety. You know you have nothing at all to worry about.

Can you have Gunn in goal and stick a couple of moles on the pitch by Wednesday so they get a chance to feel at home and make a few mounds.
Budgie in peace on 19:44 - Feb 4 with 6458 viewsmrtea

Budgie in peace on 13:24 - Feb 4 by Harry_Palmer

Thanks for being kind/modest/diplomatic but lets be honest, you are going to rip us a new one and we all know it.

As for Norwich, anything less than top two now would be a huge opportunity lost, you are clearly one of the best two teams in the league so to blow it now would be a major bottle job.

Oh, and we are never in a million years staying up, which again I think you well know.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 15:22]

I’ll admit to not watching all of your games but take the stupid penalty calls away the other week and that would have been 3 points and you played pretty well from what I watched.
What I find odd is you seem to have good then very poor performances ????

way too early to call it for either of us, so many points still up for grabs. West Brom will go up and I think it’s between you and Reading maybe.
Budgie in peace on 19:47 - Feb 4 with 6420 viewsTrumptonBlue

"What I find odd is you seem to have good then very poor performances"

Well, you're half right.
Budgie in peace on 19:52 - Feb 4 with 6377 viewsPecker

A draw is no good to either of us. We should slug it out end to end and see who wins, as if we don't know. Good Luck in the Prem and we will see you again in about 10 years, if we are lucky.
Budgie in peace on 19:57 - Feb 4 with 6342 viewsLeagueOne

Budgie in peace on 14:23 - Feb 4 by lot57

It's a tougher league at the moment, has been for about three years, some good sides there and they treat clubs like ours like a cup game. He will need to do more than just pick 11.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Budgie in peace on 20:02 - Feb 4 with 6305 viewsCoco

Budgie in peace on 13:03 - Feb 4 by mrtea

A lot more fun that the Prem.
Once you get over the disappointment of relegation you start to enjoy it again. Its still 90 mins of footy but with more chance of winning. That why im anti prem, you pay 70% more to watch your team get thumped 80% of the time.

Interesting thoughts on PL resting some players but for me playing them and getting a result would have been a better position for the entire team come Sunday.

One thing he could do for us is change things if not going right, that snot what he is doing for you. Either he has less options on your bench or it was as we all thought in that Ian Culverhouse was the brains.

What is this mastermind Culverhouse up to these days?

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Budgie in peace on 20:04 - Feb 4 with 6288 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Budgie in peace on 19:52 - Feb 4 by Pecker

A draw is no good to either of us. We should slug it out end to end and see who wins, as if we don't know. Good Luck in the Prem and we will see you again in about 10 years, if we are lucky.

A draw would be a super result for us. Any points from the next 3 matches will be great. We have lost 7 of our last 8!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Budgie in peace on 23:40 - Feb 5 with 5338 viewsRyorry

Budgie in peace on 19:52 - Feb 4 by Pecker

How can you wish them good luck in the Prem? You've gone right down in my estimation now! ;/ I hope they lose every game, are humiliated, and get relegated (again) with a record low number of points!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 23:43]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Budgie in peace on 17:51 - Feb 10 with 4740 viewsmrtea

Budgie in peace on 23:40 - Feb 5 by Ryorry

How can you wish them good luck in the Prem? You've gone right down in my estimation now! ;/ I hope they lose every game, are humiliated, and get relegated (again) with a record low number of points!
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 23:43]

Ok. I expect to get grief but I’ll give it a fair reflection on how I thought it went.

My nerves disappear after the first goal. I thought this is as easy as some said it would be but fair plays after 10 mins youcalmed us down it was pretty even. First half I thought we edged it in possession.
I expected Farke to gee them up a bit and I’d see a difference but as other son here said you cam at us and bossed of for some time until Pukki score .
The thing was even when you had possession I didn’t feel overly worried as you didn’t seem to fashion much out of it .
Maybe that is the problem for you this year ? Plenty of possession but little to trouble the keeper ?
Little Bundi and Arrons you seemed to struggle to deal with such was their speed when they got hold of the ball.

The incident.
I’m glad Lambert didn’t get booed to start with.
Nolan cleaned out out Arrons big time, that’s pretty agreeable and from there on I’m unsure who did what . Our guy got sent off so he must have done his part but Lambert did too much . I know we all like our manager to have passion but I would also want him to be on the touch line for the game and to say he would do the same again would wind me up. u need your manager on the pitch helping to get the win.

So I would sum you up by saying a typical derby game, form kinda goes out the window, gets a bit heated but in the end our better players made the difference. How that leaves you for the rest of the season I don’t know, you kinda need to finish off the possession if that makes sense ?

Fair plays to your fans, did well all game and never gave up .
Budgie in peace on 17:54 - Feb 10 with 4675 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Budgie in peace on 17:51 - Feb 10 by mrtea

Ok. I expect to get grief but I’ll give it a fair reflection on how I thought it went.

My nerves disappear after the first goal. I thought this is as easy as some said it would be but fair plays after 10 mins youcalmed us down it was pretty even. First half I thought we edged it in possession.
I expected Farke to gee them up a bit and I’d see a difference but as other son here said you cam at us and bossed of for some time until Pukki score .
The thing was even when you had possession I didn’t feel overly worried as you didn’t seem to fashion much out of it .
Maybe that is the problem for you this year ? Plenty of possession but little to trouble the keeper ?
Little Bundi and Arrons you seemed to struggle to deal with such was their speed when they got hold of the ball.

The incident.
I’m glad Lambert didn’t get booed to start with.
Nolan cleaned out out Arrons big time, that’s pretty agreeable and from there on I’m unsure who did what . Our guy got sent off so he must have done his part but Lambert did too much . I know we all like our manager to have passion but I would also want him to be on the touch line for the game and to say he would do the same again would wind me up. u need your manager on the pitch helping to get the win.

So I would sum you up by saying a typical derby game, form kinda goes out the window, gets a bit heated but in the end our better players made the difference. How that leaves you for the rest of the season I don’t know, you kinda need to finish off the possession if that makes sense ?

Fair plays to your fans, did well all game and never gave up .

Or problem this season has certainly not been "plenty of possession" with no threat.

The possession was a refreshing change and perhaps a sign of where you need to improve.

It was no surprise except that you didn't make more comfortable work of it until the end.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024