Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First time I’ve noticed some tactical nouse from Lambert 00:15 - Feb 11 with 1986 viewsMrTown

I’ve loved the PR, the reconnection with the fans, and was going to write a thread earlier in the week asking about his tactical nouse.

Today I thought it was combination of brave and clever to play a diamond in midfield. Brace allowing the opposing full backs to have a lot more room but I didn’t think Norwich dominated through using their full backs.

Allowed us to get players actually within ten yards of each other, can Judge and Sears playing in their best positions and get people a little bit closer to Keane. Also allows us to play with 2 up top.

Will be a good formation going forward for our personnel.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 00:20 - Feb 11 with 1961 viewsBlueBadger

[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 0:20]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 01:14 - Feb 11 with 1906 viewsMrTown

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 00:20 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

We were a lot better, v competitive against a v confident Norwich team. Last week they went away and put 3 past 2nd in the league in a blistering performance.

We were bang average/poor against Sheff Wed and he’s this week made adjustments to which benefited.
We performed well today, a lot of passion, some decent openings, lacking real confidence, but at least he’s changed it where things haven’t been going right for us.

Let’s not be naive here.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 01:21 - Feb 11 with 1901 viewsBlueBadger

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 01:14 - Feb 11 by MrTown

We were a lot better, v competitive against a v confident Norwich team. Last week they went away and put 3 past 2nd in the league in a blistering performance.

We were bang average/poor against Sheff Wed and he’s this week made adjustments to which benefited.
We performed well today, a lot of passion, some decent openings, lacking real confidence, but at least he’s changed it where things haven’t been going right for us.

Let’s not be naive here.

[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 1:24]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 07:15 - Feb 11 with 1724 viewsKeaneish

Yeah, those tactics kept us down to a 3-0 defeat today. (n/t) (n/t) on 00:20 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

Individual mistakes cost us the game, not the system. The system was good. I think all your posts since yesterday's defeat have been very simplistic.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 07:21 - Feb 11 with 1708 viewsEly_Blue

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 01:21 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 1:24]

And most neutral reports say that was harsh, the stats show an even game where they were clinical with their finishing and we weren’t, simple as

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 07:30 - Feb 11 with 1668 viewsSouperJim

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 07:21 - Feb 11 by Ely_Blue

And most neutral reports say that was harsh, the stats show an even game where they were clinical with their finishing and we weren’t, simple as

Yes but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good blub.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The stats also show that we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 08:27 - Feb 11 with 1486 viewsBlueBadger

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 08:31 - Feb 11 with 1469 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The stats that show Norwich scored more goals than we managed shots on target?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 08:34 - Feb 11 with 1450 viewsBlueBadger

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 07:30 - Feb 11 by SouperJim

Yes but let's not let the facts get in the way of a good blub.

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 08:46 - Feb 11 with 1403 viewsEly_Blue

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 08:34 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

Indeed they do, and your point is? Lambert out? Evans out? Or do you just want to take the moral high ground here?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 09:52 - Feb 11 with 1300 viewsBlueBadger

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 08:46 - Feb 11 by Ely_Blue

Indeed they do, and your point is? Lambert out? Evans out? Or do you just want to take the moral high ground here?

I'm not sure to be honest. I think people genuinely, understandably want to see the positives of which there are very, very few. We played 'very well' and were soundly beaten by a Norwich side not really needing to get out of third gear. They didn't look like a top of the table yesterday because they didn't need to.

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 09:58 - Feb 11 with 1272 viewsBlueBadger

We lost 3-0 (n/t) on 08:31 - Feb 11 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The stats that show Norwich scored more goals than we managed shots on target?

'We performed well' is this season's 'play-off form'.

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 10:29 - Feb 11 with 1195 viewsSouperJim

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 09:52 - Feb 11 by BlueBadger

I'm not sure to be honest. I think people genuinely, understandably want to see the positives of which there are very, very few. We played 'very well' and were soundly beaten by a Norwich side not really needing to get out of third gear. They didn't look like a top of the table yesterday because they didn't need to.

You think Norwich declined the opportunity to heap real embarrassment on us and instead settled for playing within themselves?

Ok right.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 10:33 - Feb 11 with 1174 viewsBlueBadger

The facts show we lost 3-0. (n/t) on 10:29 - Feb 11 by SouperJim

You think Norwich declined the opportunity to heap real embarrassment on us and instead settled for playing within themselves?

Ok right.

Why not? Lots of other teams have done the same this season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024