Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
11:11 - Feb 11 with 1150 views_

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:13 - Feb 11 with 1128 viewsFrimleyBlue

I have this feeling, we're kind of keeping him and Jackson out of the 'firing line' and working with them mainly behind the scenes.

I think he and Jackson next season will be key players.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:13 - Feb 11 with 1122 viewsDyland

Agreed, he's looked quite decent and deserves more game time.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:14 - Feb 11 with 1116 viewsKieran_Knows

Yes, seems strange as he had a couple of decent performances before Xmas then he was exiled for a few weeks.

Should be a decent enough player for us in League 1 next season, so hopefully we keep hold of him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:14 - Feb 11 with 1115 viewsHerbivore

Agreed, he looked a threat and kept them occupied. One good run and shot which Zimmerman did well to block. He was playing well after his injury and scored a lovely goal against the scum of the north. Then he got dropped for two players who don't look any better and aren't ours, and aren't even match fit. He deserves a run in the side imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

arf on 11:15 - Feb 11 with 1094 viewsDyland

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:13 - Feb 11 by FrimleyBlue

I have this feeling, we're kind of keeping him and Jackson out of the 'firing line' and working with them mainly behind the scenes.

I think he and Jackson next season will be key players.

You're seriously overthinking stuff.

Admire your positivity though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:15 - Feb 11 with 1098 viewsSomethingBlue

I was about to post regarding him. He should get some sort of run now. He is the forward best suited to a pressing style and also gives you the option of turning teams round without resorting to a lump down the channels. Nobody else does that and we have noticeably more urgency in the final third when he's playing. Ball retention isn't superb but if we can find a way to accommodate him and Keane - who I thought did superbly on that front yesterday - then it's mitigated for slightly. Not quite sure how we do that though, can't see Lambert wanting to play two centrally.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:15 - Feb 11 with 1086 viewsGuthrum

Indeed.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:16 - Feb 11 with 1066 viewsLankHenners

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:14 - Feb 11 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, seems strange as he had a couple of decent performances before Xmas then he was exiled for a few weeks.

Should be a decent enough player for us in League 1 next season, so hopefully we keep hold of him.

Agree, he was harshly dropped for players that haven't really shown that they're any better*. Harrison and Jackson will be here next season so think it's worth giving them a go up top together if we persevere with this diamond formation (which we should as it suits the players we have and both Harrison and Jackson will benefit from playing in a 2 rather than by themselves).

*Edit - Keane has showed some quality but hardly a big improvement and may not be here next year.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 11:19]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:17 - Feb 11 with 1053 viewsZedRodgers

I think he looks okay - Definitely much more promising when he's not isolated as a lone front man. Agree that him and Keane could work. Would like to see him given a chance if Sears is out now.

The ball was just bouncing off him in the first few games of the season... or support was so far away that he wasn't able to hold the ball up for long enough.

He looks quite lethargic at times with his first touch but shouldn't be written off by any means. He could be a key player for us if/when we're in League One.

No, not at the moment

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:20 - Feb 11 with 1016 viewsblueislander

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:14 - Feb 11 by Herbivore

Agreed, he looked a threat and kept them occupied. One good run and shot which Zimmerman did well to block. He was playing well after his injury and scored a lovely goal against the scum of the north. Then he got dropped for two players who don't look any better and aren't ours, and aren't even match fit. He deserves a run in the side imo.

Do any of the latest influx look match fit? we have had one great performance from Collins who is now injured..The rest look very undercooked. Judge is undoubtedly a good footballer, but I can't see that Keane, Quaner and Elder are any better than the ones we have.
Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:21 - Feb 11 with 1003 viewsChampionship

I think both he and Jackson will come good next year assuming we go down. I think we've got a solid basis of a decent squad in league one. With a proper pre season under Lambert and a few shrewd experienced additions I really think we'll do well.
Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:23 - Feb 11 with 970 viewsZedRodgers

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:15 - Feb 11 by SomethingBlue

I was about to post regarding him. He should get some sort of run now. He is the forward best suited to a pressing style and also gives you the option of turning teams round without resorting to a lump down the channels. Nobody else does that and we have noticeably more urgency in the final third when he's playing. Ball retention isn't superb but if we can find a way to accommodate him and Keane - who I thought did superbly on that front yesterday - then it's mitigated for slightly. Not quite sure how we do that though, can't see Lambert wanting to play two centrally.

Keane and Harrison central with Judge number 10 would work - At times I thought it looked like that's what we were trying to do yesterday.

I thought Chalobah and Nolan seemed to be filling in the wider spaces as a result. Chalobah knocking it past their LB and humiliating him for pace was majestic.

No, not at the moment

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:23 - Feb 11 with 972 viewsSomethingBlue

Ellis Harrison deserves credit for his performance yesterday... on 11:20 - Feb 11 by blueislander

Do any of the latest influx look match fit? we have had one great performance from Collins who is now injured..The rest look very undercooked. Judge is undoubtedly a good footballer, but I can't see that Keane, Quaner and Elder are any better than the ones we have.

Thought it was quite revealing on Thursday when Sears said, unprompted, that Quaner wasn't fit enough.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024