Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have never known a season with such bad luck 13:15 - Feb 11 with 2414 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Let's be honest.

We are nowhere near good enough and deserve to be relegated.

We have had some completely incompetent referees, more so than any other season I can remember. Even in lieu of that we would still have been relegated.

But bloody hell, the lack of luck we have had is preposterous.

Woolfenden ends up coming on first game of the season, looked decent and gets injured.

Walters comes in to potentially change our season and is immediately done.

Lankester looks like the next big thing and within a few games is done.

Sears is the only real goal threat we've had all season and now he is done.

You could even argue that the likes of Nydam, Emmanuel, Morris and so on that have gone out on loan and (let's be honest whether they are good enough for us or not) should be good enough to get into the St Johnstone, Shrewsbury and Forest Green sides, may have even been a bit unlucky that they've not managed to benefit from their loan spells (although of course they may have been the largest factor themselves in not doing so).

Even Collins, Huws, Adeyemi etc that we expected could have issues have had an we've had no luck with those.

We could easily have won at Rotherham in the second week and we somehow lost. Going back to referees we could easily have seen Edun and Nsiala not sent off in crucial matches. At the same time we had that ridiculous assault (was it Preston at home?) when someone kicked and punched Chalobah at the same time and didn't go off.

We got a pathetic penalty given against us at Villa then were denied a clear one.

The challenge on Gerken that allowed Millwall to get a third was arguably out of control and keepers normally get free kicks if anyone farts in their proximity.

Even (clutching at straws) in the final third there have been potentially season changing moments that just didn't happen, for example Walters chance to win the derby when it just wouldn't quite fall for him.

Story of our season. We deserve nothing but relegation and it's not the fault of injuries or referees but my oh my have we literally had every bad bit of luck go against us that is possible.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2019 13:28]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:23 - Feb 11 with 2358 viewscarlisleaway

I cannot agree more, even that dubious penalty shout at Carrot Road. If it had been Norwich I could imagine the ref giving them a pen such has been our misfortune this season....now another injury with Sears out, but my oh what we could do with a half decent striker.
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:25 - Feb 11 with 2336 viewsBecclesITFC

Freddie out for 9 months.

You are right. Bad luck and individual errors all over the pitch have cost us massively.
Even yesterday, all 3 goals came from individual errors. It's too late for us now. Let's bottle up the luck we deserve and use it next season. We will need it.
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:26 - Feb 11 with 2321 viewslowhouseblue

building the ground on that old indian burial site turns out not to have been such a good plan after all.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:33 - Feb 11 with 2273 viewsIllinoisblue

You make some very valid points but at some point - especially with regard to injuries - when does bad luck turn into negligence or poor care?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:37 - Feb 11 with 2238 viewsGuthrum

The problem is, all those things are magnified by the situation we're in and our inability to win matches.

If refereeing decisions were not such an influence upon games, because we could score two or three.

If we were not so reliant on just a few key players, putting them under extra strain and weakening us inordinately if they get injured. If we did not have to rely for reinforcements upon a collection of youths and those returning from long-term injuries.

If finances were better distributed (or less excessive) throughout the whole of football in England, so a moderate budget or trying to break even does not constitute a major handicap to recruitment and make other clubs attractive to our players.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:37 - Feb 11 with 2238 viewsSuperfrans

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:33 - Feb 11 by Illinoisblue

You make some very valid points but at some point - especially with regard to injuries - when does bad luck turn into negligence or poor care?

Not sure how we could have cared for our players more in a way that would have avoided Sears, Morris and Ward all doing their ACLs.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:38 - Feb 11 with 2222 viewshammo56

Knowing our luck it will go on longer than the Curse of the Bambino.
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 14:27 - Feb 11 with 2135 viewsLightningboy

Yup.

We’ve had our fair share of bad luck over the years - feels like about the last 36 years - but this season takes the biscuit.

Still,I wouldn’t swap supporting this club for the world..so a big “UP YOURS” to the footballing gods.

💙
Login to get fewer ads

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 14:28 - Feb 11 with 2127 viewschicoazul

Losing Walters was not unlucky but an extremely bad decision by Mini Roy to risk him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 15:09 - Feb 11 with 2061 viewsOxford_Blue

Was it Shankly who said the harder you train the luckier you get
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:13 - Feb 11 with 1965 viewsHarry_Palmer

We really can't catch a break at all can we? I know every team gets injuries but the number of serious ones we have had over the last few years is just ridiculous.

And on the pitch, when was the last time we got truly lucky, I mean a soft penalty for us, a harsh red for the opposition, a deflected goal. Even yesterday when we had our good spells nothing ever seemed to drop for us in the area. I know we do not create enough clear cut chances but the law of averages suggests something must drop for you at some point, it just never seems to.
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:28 - Feb 11 with 1932 viewsstrikalite

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:13 - Feb 11 by Harry_Palmer

We really can't catch a break at all can we? I know every team gets injuries but the number of serious ones we have had over the last few years is just ridiculous.

And on the pitch, when was the last time we got truly lucky, I mean a soft penalty for us, a harsh red for the opposition, a deflected goal. Even yesterday when we had our good spells nothing ever seemed to drop for us in the area. I know we do not create enough clear cut chances but the law of averages suggests something must drop for you at some point, it just never seems to.

Agree regarding luck in front of goal, nothing falls for us, they say you make your own luck but when does ours turn? It's weird how the bottom sides get no luck whereas the top sides do, luck in sport generally is quite a big player..
I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:34 - Feb 11 with 1911 viewsSwansea_Blue

You missed the worse piece of bad luck. Some numpty thought it would be a good idea to lumber us with Hurst and let him dismantle a relatively settled side.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:38 - Feb 11 with 1894 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Sums it up really well. I guess we were due a season like this in terms of luck - our play-off one was basically bad-luck free other than Didz injuring himself.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 16:42 - Feb 11 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

I have never known a season with such bad luck on 13:37 - Feb 11 by Superfrans

Not sure how we could have cared for our players more in a way that would have avoided Sears, Morris and Ward all doing their ACLs.

I'm talking about the bigger picture and how the likes of Huws, Adeyemi and, until recently, Bishop are seemingly unable to ever get fit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024