Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season 10:27 - Feb 12 with 1140 viewsartsbossbeard

10 mins in the sin bin for dissent next season then.

In principle I like the idea as the perpetrator gets to watch on whilst his/her team has to adapt BUT the paperwork I've seen on it seems to suggest that it's the management team of the perpetrator who does the 10 minute timing as the ref has too much to do already.

Also, we've had games before when we've not had a ref allocated so a parent has stepped in, which again leaves things open to a bit of "home team leaning" and some tactical reffing decisions.

In principle, a decent idea and if it stops people from getting a £30 fine and never paying the club for it, then great.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:33 - Feb 12 with 1108 viewsusm

Got it in some of our local leagues here already.

Seems to work ok, saves a £10 fine.

Problems arise when players, managers etc do not understand it and when there is nowhere for the sinner to go. They just tend to stand at the side of the pitch, getting provoked or provoking, which can quickly end up with a second dissent offence and hence a red card.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:34 - Feb 12 with 1104 viewsartsbossbeard

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:33 - Feb 12 by usm

Got it in some of our local leagues here already.

Seems to work ok, saves a £10 fine.

Problems arise when players, managers etc do not understand it and when there is nowhere for the sinner to go. They just tend to stand at the side of the pitch, getting provoked or provoking, which can quickly end up with a second dissent offence and hence a red card.

Where's 'here' out of interest?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:45 - Feb 12 with 1076 viewsusm

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:34 - Feb 12 by artsbossbeard

Where's 'here' out of interest?

Essex - a Saturday afternoon Chelmsford based league.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 10:56 - Feb 12 with 1048 viewsBasuco

When watching AFC Sudbury in the Bostik North, the ref has a huge amount of respect and power, it is so different from League football, especially Prem football, if the FA/EFL/Premier League actually backed their refs to clamp down on dissent things would be much easier at Sunday League level.
Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 11:46 - Feb 12 with 975 viewsagc232

We already have it in the Anglian Combination and Central and South Norfolk Leagues!

I must admit when it was first muted by the AC committee I was against it but having now seen it work in the AC for 2 years and the CSNL for the past year, I am now 100% behind it!

The sticking point of it is what does a ref consider dissent? What you consider dissent maybe different to me and so on.

In our leagues the referee manages the time in the sin bin and the player has to go in to the dugouts (if available) or go with the bench etc.

As others have mentioned, it saves a lot of time and money as well......

agc232

Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 11:50 - Feb 12 with 965 viewsNo9

I don't like that at all

I would like to see the footie authorities invest more in Ref's
Grass roots footy - Sin Bin next season on 16:08 - Feb 12 with 854 viewsDurovigutum

Cambridgeshire use this, I gave two dissent yellows a couple of weeks ago. It works, problem is that it means you can give three yellow cards and still not give a red or reduce the offending team to ten men while in the same game you can give two yellows and a red, with a subsequent reduction to ten, for non-dissent offences.

It's far messier than hockey, where I umpired for years with sin bins, but I agree with the concept.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024