Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Marquis? 17:49 - Feb 17 with 1960 viewsGerkensBeard

Target for number 9 next season? Scored loads in league 1 this year. Battering ram.
Mind you if he stays I think Will Keane could end up league 1 top scorer
John Marquis? on 17:57 - Feb 17 with 1898 viewsPecker

Not sure will be able to afford him.
John Marquis? on 18:06 - Feb 17 with 1864 viewsfactual_blue

Can you Count on Marquis though?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

John Marquis? on 18:31 - Feb 17 with 1796 viewsPJH

John Marquis? on 18:06 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

Can you Count on Marquis though?

Clever that although I have just discovered that Marquis is above Count.
John Marquis? on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewsPendejo

John Marquis? on 18:31 - Feb 17 by PJH

Earl bet he has a Baron spell Viscount on him.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

John Marquis? on 18:37 - Feb 17 with 1765 viewsfactual_blue

John Marquis? on 18:31 - Feb 17 by PJH

The theoretical distinction between a marquess and other titles has, since the Middle Ages, faded into obscurity. In times past, the distinction between a count and a marquess was that the land of a marquess, called a march, was on the border of the country, while a count's land, called a county, often was not. As a result of this, a marquess was trusted to defend and fortify against potentially hostile neighbours and was thus more important and ranked higher than a count. The title is ranked below that of a duke, which was often largely restricted to the royal family.

John Marquis? on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 1759 viewsPendejo

John Marquis? on 18:37 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

The theoretical distinction between a marquess and other titles has, since the Middle Ages, faded into obscurity. In times past, the distinction between a count and a marquess was that the land of a marquess, called a march, was on the border of the country, while a count's land, called a county, often was not. As a result of this, a marquess was trusted to defend and fortify against potentially hostile neighbours and was thus more important and ranked higher than a count. The title is ranked below that of a duke, which was often largely restricted to the royal family.

Now please explain Earl and Baron, can't be bothered to Google it.

uberima fides

John Marquis? on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 1754 viewsPJH

John Marquis? on 18:37 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

I am sure that everyone in Ixworth knows all that but it is/was not such common knowledge in Woodbridge.
John Marquis? on 18:43 - Feb 17 with 1736 viewsmonty_radio

John Marquis? on 18:41 - Feb 17 by PJH

I am sure that everyone in Ixworth knows all that but it is/was not such common knowledge in Woodbridge.

Certainly not common knowledge.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

John Marquis? on 18:50 - Feb 17 with 1717 viewsfactual_blue

John Marquis? on 18:39 - Feb 17 by Pendejo

Now please explain Earl and Baron, can't be bothered to Google it.

Earl - below a duke.
Baron - lowest rank of the nobility. Hereditary knighthoods are baronetcys.

Many years ago I knew of a mere middle-ranking Department of Health civil servant who was the holder of an hereditary baronetcy. Apparently he had to be kept out of jobs that would bring him into contact with the (tory) Secretary of State, who couldn't bring himself to address the poor chap correctly.

John Marquis? on 19:51 - Feb 17 with 1619 viewsPendejo

John Marquis? on 18:50 - Feb 17 by factual_blue

Earl - below a duke.
Baron - lowest rank of the nobility. Hereditary knighthoods are baronetcys.

Many years ago I knew of a mere middle-ranking Department of Health civil servant who was the holder of an hereditary baronetcy. Apparently he had to be kept out of jobs that would bring him into contact with the (tory) Secretary of State, who couldn't bring himself to address the poor chap correctly.

Earl below Duke but above Marquess?

uberima fides

John Marquis? on 00:13 - Feb 18 with 1396 viewsMrTown

Far fetched, yes the day has come where a Doncaster Rovers striker in the league below with 12 months left on his contract is too far stretched for us. What a world hey!

But realistically, Sunderland couldn't get the deal done in January, obviously went with Will Grigg in the end, but would imagine given his recent season record he may attract attention from lower end of the Championship next season.

The summer window will be freebies only, now more than ever.
Evans will think our squad is strong enough to get out of L1 untouched, and I'm we will add a few frees mainly in the defensive area.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

John Marquis? on 08:21 - Feb 18 with 1262 viewsGlasgowBlue

If we do go down I don’t think we need to spend a single penny in order to come back up. So long as we don’t sell any of our youngsters.

I fur one will be glad to see the end of this conveyor belt of bringing in six or seven signings or loanees every season.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

John Marquis? on 09:17 - Feb 18 with 1193 viewsMrTown

John Marquis? on 08:21 - Feb 18 by GlasgowBlue

If we do go down I don’t think we need to spend a single penny in order to come back up. So long as we don’t sell any of our youngsters.

I fur one will be glad to see the end of this conveyor belt of bringing in six or seven signings or loanees every season.

Will need a full back on both sides. Cover or starting line up, but we are going to lose Knudsen and Spence. They need replacing in some way shape or form.

I like Conor McLaughlin from Millwall, v credible player. But James Bree would be my first RB.

Not sure about the LB situation, maybe Elder again but would prefer a permanent signing.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

John Marquis? on 09:26 - Feb 18 with 1173 viewsJonBlue

John Marquis? on 19:51 - Feb 17 by Pendejo

Earl below Duke but above Marquess?

Duke
Marquis
Earl
Viscount
Baron

Back to the football, with the new much lower L1 budget paying fees for players seems unlikely to me.
John Marquis? on 13:01 - Feb 18 with 1016 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Christ...did you watch him yesterday!?

Couldn't hit a barn door & we already have enough of those

No thanks...I don't do the horse

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024