Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era 13:18 - Feb 21 with 961 viewsFrimleyBlue

But fk me there are some negative bugers on here.

You know I am desperate for Lambert to do well for us over the next few years. The guy has overseen the club/fan bridge building this season and for that alone, I'm thankful.

There's a lot of scaremongering going on about finances etc of going down. And no I don't think we will bounce straight back up. But I am of the opinion that we will play exciting football, have great atmospheres at the club and a lot of our own players involved in the rebuild of ITFC. It's painful to drop down a league, but I think it's needed. But I think more fans need to have the rebuild mindset, that' is exactly what's happening at ITFC, its needed, and has been needed for years.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:24 - Feb 21 with 925 viewsHerbivore

If we don't bounce straight back it'll be a failure imo. We should not be entering next season with any other mindset than that the target is to be challenging for promotion. I can't see there being much good will left for Lambert if we finish mid table next season, and rightly so to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:27 - Feb 21 with 916 viewsReuser_is_God

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:24 - Feb 21 by Herbivore

If we don't bounce straight back it'll be a failure imo. We should not be entering next season with any other mindset than that the target is to be challenging for promotion. I can't see there being much good will left for Lambert if we finish mid table next season, and rightly so to be fair.

Agreed.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 901 viewsKieran_Knows

I agree with that - but why don't we cross that bridge when/if it comes to that? It's like the majority of the fan base are deeming League 1 a failure already.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:31 - Feb 21 with 891 viewsSuperfrans

I understand where you are coming from. But surely our ability to bounce back next season will depend almost entirely on the budgets we are working to and what impact that has on our squad, won't it?

And we're all currently guessing about that, we won't know in detail what that means until June, maybe as late as July/August once we're some way into the transfer window.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:34 - Feb 21 with 869 viewsFrimleyBlue

I see us being in the mix, and at very least a play off place I would expect at the end of the season. Of course I'd hope for a top 2 place, but there's going to be a big change in player personnel again in the summer and it may take another season for things to settle the way Lambert wants it too.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:35 - Feb 21 with 858 viewsHerbivore

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:28 - Feb 21 by Kieran_Knows

I agree with that - but why don't we cross that bridge when/if it comes to that? It's like the majority of the fan base are deeming League 1 a failure already.

I'm not doing that at all, I'm saying we should be going into it with expectations of challenging for promotion rather than with the pessimism of expecting us to be a mid table side.

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:38 - Feb 21 with 835 viewsHerbivore

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:31 - Feb 21 by Superfrans

I understand where you are coming from. But surely our ability to bounce back next season will depend almost entirely on the budgets we are working to and what impact that has on our squad, won't it?

And we're all currently guessing about that, we won't know in detail what that means until June, maybe as late as July/August once we're some way into the transfer window.

Our budget will be what it will be to some extent, our players have contracts and will need to be paid. The nucleus of our squad ought to be more than good enough to challenge for promotion from League 1. That's enough of a basis to feel we should be looking to bounce straight back.

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 792 viewsMullysplace1

We are more likely to get relegated next season, than challenge at the top end. All we have are kids, we need some real bruisers next season. Most of L1 is made up with big brutes who will kick our kids of the pitch. The refereeing standard is awful too. That wont help our powder puff football.
Login to get fewer ads

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 14:18 - Feb 21 with 726 viewsHerbivore

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:52 - Feb 21 by Mullysplace1

We are more likely to get relegated next season, than challenge at the top end. All we have are kids, we need some real bruisers next season. Most of L1 is made up with big brutes who will kick our kids of the pitch. The refereeing standard is awful too. That wont help our powder puff football.

More likely to get relegated? Don't be silly.

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 14:22 - Feb 21 with 716 viewsIllinoisblue

Pretty rich coming from me, after the Hurst Era on 13:52 - Feb 21 by Mullysplace1

nurse, quick, his bed is wet.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024