Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
24 Years On 11:32 - Mar 5 with 2904 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Almost 10,000 Premier League matches later and not one team has had the decency to lose by 10 goals and relieve us of the burden.

If only Football existed before Sky people could get back to banging on about the 12-0 thumping Forest dished out to Leicester in 1909.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

24 Years On on 11:38 - Mar 5 with 2848 viewsMattinLondon

They beat us 9-0 there but we won 3-2 down here. Both teams got three points. Who cares.
24 Years On on 11:38 - Mar 5 with 2846 viewsTractorCam

The Wigan team with Titus Bramble lost 9-1 to Spurs, but Spurs felt bad and gave Wigan a goal, where as United wanted to score a free kick with our goalkeeper not even in goal.

Man City regularly score 4/5 then just relax, shame.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

24 Years On on 11:49 - Mar 5 with 2796 viewsRobTheMonk

Not Premier League, but Germany could of had at least 10 if they'd kept going hammer and tong at Brazil in the World Cup earlier this decade. I do wonder if they were told 'lay off of a little lads, these Brazilians are already verging on a riot' when it was 5-0 after 30 minutes.
24 Years On on 12:27 - Mar 5 with 2683 viewsParisBlue

24 Years On on 11:38 - Mar 5 by MattinLondon

They beat us 9-0 there but we won 3-2 down here. Both teams got three points. Who cares.

And stopped Man Utd winning the league...

Read an interview with Brian McClair a couple of years ago. Apparently the players celebrated a little too much after beating them and that grated with them so thats why they carried on.

It could have been 15, though the 8th should never have been allowed and annoys me to this day.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 12:31]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

To be fair, that's only because.... on 12:29 - Mar 5 with 2663 viewsBloots

....we haven't been in the Premier League very much.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

24 Years On on 12:31 - Mar 5 with 2637 viewsMoisha

24 Years On on 11:38 - Mar 5 by MattinLondon

What a game that 3-2 was.... 2 nil up if I remember rightly, 2-2 then Mason got the winner.
24 Years On on 12:40 - Mar 5 with 2581 viewsuefacup81

24 Years On on 11:49 - Mar 5 by RobTheMonk

Not Premier League, but Germany could of had at least 10 if they'd kept going hammer and tong at Brazil in the World Cup earlier this decade. I do wonder if they were told 'lay off of a little lads, these Brazilians are already verging on a riot' when it was 5-0 after 30 minutes.

I know one of the squad was quoted as saying that they made a decision at half time not to humiliate Brazil any further, but who knows how much of that was mind games before the final?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

24 Years On on 15:32 - Mar 5 with 2287 viewsGeoffSentence

24 Years On on 12:27 - Mar 5 by ParisBlue

And stopped Man Utd winning the league...

Read an interview with Brian McClair a couple of years ago. Apparently the players celebrated a little too much after beating them and that grated with them so thats why they carried on.

It could have been 15, though the 8th should never have been allowed and annoys me to this day.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2019 12:31]

Shocking decision by the ref to call Forrest over to book him, then let them take the free kick before he could get back.

If that goal had not stood then this would not be a burden that we would carry on our own.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

24 Years On on 16:59 - Mar 5 with 2162 viewsCoastalblue

It must have been only a couple of years or so before the Premier league began that Liverpool beat Palace 9-0?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

24 Years On on 17:50 - Mar 5 with 2081 viewsTractorCam

24 Years On on 16:59 - Mar 5 by Coastalblue

It must have been only a couple of years or so before the Premier league began that Liverpool beat Palace 9-0?

For us born after 1992 we don't know about that stuff!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

24 Years On on 18:22 - Mar 5 with 2004 viewsSuperblue95

24 Years On on 15:32 - Mar 5 by GeoffSentence

Shocking decision by the ref to call Forrest over to book him, then let them take the free kick before he could get back.

If that goal had not stood then this would not be a burden that we would carry on our own.

The ref in question was known for his blunders.

3 yellow cards anyone?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

On FM... on 18:53 - Mar 5 with 1958 viewsScottCandage

Somebody simulated 1000 years of English football and the 9-0 still stood after a millennium.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024