Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? 21:50 - Mar 12 with 3866 viewsWicklowBlue

Not going to be popular on here but thought Chambo was very poor tonight. Kept lumping the ball forward even under no pressure, was all at sea marking (the over head kick despite him grappling) and looked constantly exposed for pace. Maybe he is carrying an injury or needs a rest...but I think he contributed a lot to the defensive nervousness.

Personally think we need to replace and wish him well. Never a doubt he bleeds blue blood but is now part of the problem rather than part of the solution.

Discuss...
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:52 - Mar 12 with 3540 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

He wasn't brilliant. don't think he was poor though.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:52 - Mar 12 with 3541 viewsSporall

Here's your first down vote. He'll be immense in Lge1 and was ok tonight, bar the last minute mistake.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:53 - Mar 12 with 3520 viewsgrimboy

I agree but Lambert needs to see this if he plays next season we will be vulnerable at the back and concede like you say he loves the club but something has to give .
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 3502 viewsRadlett_blue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:52 - Mar 12 by Sporall

Here's your first down vote. He'll be immense in Lge1 and was ok tonight, bar the last minute mistake.

Typical Chambers performance. Defended solidly but was always over-keen to lump the ball into the channel.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:54 - Mar 12 with 3501 viewsblueislander

As usual his distribution was poor. Surely that is obvious.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:55 - Mar 12 with 3480 viewsitfcjoe

He did well in the main, that DIedhou is a player he always struggles against though.

Remember he had a very inexperienced defence round him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:57 - Mar 12 with 3459 viewsSE1blue

I think he'll be a League One hero, but personally, I'd give him the rest of the season off and tell him to come back for summer training.

The guy clearly took a lot of stuff on during Hurst's tenure because of his love of the club and desire to do well, and that's had a knock on effect on his game. He's making simple mistakes which are out of character.

We all know he can do much better (and I bet he's his own harshest critic), but right now I think he's physically and mentally exhausted. If anyone deserves a break (from fans and from playing) it's Chambers.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:58 - Mar 12 with 3447 viewsMullet

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:55 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

He did well in the main, that DIedhou is a player he always struggles against though.

Plus the conditions weren't great. Plenty of players further up the pitch chopping it up in the air, misjudging bounces and swirls etc.

Think people are forgetting the make of our side away to a team who are now trying to dry hump their way into the playoffs.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:59 - Mar 12 with 3430 viewsblueislander

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:55 - Mar 12 by itfcjoe

The athleticism of the rest of the back four got them out of trouble most of the time. They are the future of the club.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:02 - Mar 12 with 3413 viewsFtnfwest

Wouldn’t be here if we’d stayed in the championship next year but relegation might save him. Nearly cocked it up at the end but can’t fault the effort.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:04 - Mar 12 with 3378 viewsWicklowBlue

Thanks I appreciate it! No problem with down votes I expected it. He could well be immense in L1 but just think at the moment he needs a break and we should have eyes on someone in the summer to be his successor.

Imho Chambo was poor tonight.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:05 - Mar 12 with 3367 viewsVaughan8

He wasn't great but look who he is playing along side. Nsiala on the few games I've watched him.in, is piss poor. His positioning is bad, misses headers, didn't even attack the ball for our freekicks.

The full backs were hardly brilliant and are young.

I think a bit unfair on chambers. Nsiala and him.must be the worst "play out from the back" pairing around.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:12 - Mar 12 with 3324 viewsWicklowBlue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:57 - Mar 12 by SE1blue

I think he'll be a League One hero, but personally, I'd give him the rest of the season off and tell him to come back for summer training.

The guy clearly took a lot of stuff on during Hurst's tenure because of his love of the club and desire to do well, and that's had a knock on effect on his game. He's making simple mistakes which are out of character.

We all know he can do much better (and I bet he's his own harshest critic), but right now I think he's physically and mentally exhausted. If anyone deserves a break (from fans and from playing) it's Chambers.

Good post! I agree he needs a rest, been carrying the weight of our plight on his shoulders. Again I have utmost respect for him but we do need to build for the future and need to develop an understudy for Chambo.

No doubt he'd cut it at L1 but from what I have seen this season it's time to look forward. We are so defensively frail and Chambo is no longer winning his battles in the box. Also put pace up against him and we are in trouble all the time.

I think his legs have gone but equally let's give him a rest and take him out of the firing line.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:18 - Mar 12 with 3286 viewsRadlett_blue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:12 - Mar 12 by WicklowBlue

Good post! I agree he needs a rest, been carrying the weight of our plight on his shoulders. Again I have utmost respect for him but we do need to build for the future and need to develop an understudy for Chambo.

No doubt he'd cut it at L1 but from what I have seen this season it's time to look forward. We are so defensively frail and Chambo is no longer winning his battles in the box. Also put pace up against him and we are in trouble all the time.

I think his legs have gone but equally let's give him a rest and take him out of the firing line.

Nsiala & Woolfenden at centre back next season?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:19 - Mar 12 with 3277 viewsWicklowBlue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:05 - Mar 12 by Vaughan8

He wasn't great but look who he is playing along side. Nsiala on the few games I've watched him.in, is piss poor. His positioning is bad, misses headers, didn't even attack the ball for our freekicks.

The full backs were hardly brilliant and are young.

I think a bit unfair on chambers. Nsiala and him.must be the worst "play out from the back" pairing around.

I didn't see us playing around the back that much tonight. I'm happy we ditched the 2 cbs splitting wide to for Bart to pass to.

What I did see is Chambers getting the ball in space and just kicking it long which lost us possession more often than not. Granted I know his distribution is poor but there were ample opportunities tonight to slide a ball to feet without pressure.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:22 - Mar 12 with 3255 viewsWicklowBlue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:18 - Mar 12 by Radlett_blue

Nsiala & Woolfenden at centre back next season?

I'd love to see the Wolf play some games towards the end of this season.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:26 - Mar 12 with 3227 viewsGogs

I've only been 4 or 5 times this season, and I've not been impressed with Chambers in any game. I expect his experience may serve us well in Division 3 next year though. I don't think these defensive balls-ups we have pretty much every game will be found out as much next year, hopefully some coaching will sort some of the mistakes out anyway. If we can only find a couple of regular goalscorers at the other end of the pitch, we'll be ok.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:32 - Mar 12 with 3183 viewsitfcjoe

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:22 - Mar 12 by WicklowBlue

I'd love to see the Wolf play some games towards the end of this season.

You’d better get down to Swindon then

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 22:32 - Mar 12 with 3180 viewsNazemariner

Not great in an attacking sense, but good solid defensive work. 7/10

Can't see that he'll be here next season unless we miraculously avoid relegation. I'd rather using his money to try and keep hold of Pennington.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 23:57 - Mar 12 with 3066 viewshenryblue

Chambers is absolutely miles off, a totally exposed defender at this level. Don't feel bad for acknowledging what is so clearly obvious now. It's imperative we move on from him rather than cling onto what was always a hugely limited player anyway.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 00:12 - Mar 13 with 3034 viewsStNeotsBlue

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 21:58 - Mar 12 by Mullet

Plus the conditions weren't great. Plenty of players further up the pitch chopping it up in the air, misjudging bounces and swirls etc.

Think people are forgetting the make of our side away to a team who are now trying to dry hump their way into the playoffs.

Indeed. Just before Chamber's mistake Skuse gave the ball away needlessly twice.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 01:17 - Mar 13 with 2987 viewseddiespearitt03

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 00:12 - Mar 13 by StNeotsBlue

Indeed. Just before Chamber's mistake Skuse gave the ball away needlessly twice.

Skuse and Chambers have had a good run at this club. Now it is time to replace them and replace them with far more ability. It is all getting a bit boring now. We have some very good young players at this club so please Mr Lambert.....let them off the lead. They need games now and it will pay off next season.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 05:34 - Mar 13 with 2898 viewsbraveblue

Will continue to be a liability next year.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 06:09 - Mar 13 with 2872 viewsChurchman

I don’t think he will be immense in League 1. It is a tough league and he is ageing. However, I do think the club should keep him if they can. His experience, especially if it’s a predominantly young side, will be important even if he is not first choice. He has heart and an awful lot of time for the club and I feel we need more of that, not less.
I would though be happy to see Scuse go. Personally, I never really understood what Mick saw in him in his prime, let alone now.
Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 07:54 - Mar 13 with 2732 viewsTractorWood

Expect down votes....but Chambers??? on 00:12 - Mar 13 by StNeotsBlue

Both well the wrong side of 30. They should be no way near a championship team. Chambers didn't get within 3 yards of his man most of the night and looked glacial when it was played in behind. On top of this, every time he pumps the ball into the channels, we automatically lose possession and undermine any footballing philosophy.

Skuse plays the game at walking pace so losing fitness isn't that much of an factor.

Both should be no way near a championship side, not sure about league one. Have to see next year. I wouldn't want them starting.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024