Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? 10:26 - Mar 14 with 3937 viewsLord_Lucan

Must have been serving in your lifetime.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:27 - Mar 14 with 3002 viewstrncbluearmy

Maggie
Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:32 - Mar 14 with 2988 viewsITFC_Forever

I always liked John Major.

Always conducted himself as a gentleman (although the Edwina Currie revelations a few years after he stopped being PM kind of undermined that) and whatever you thought of Maggie, one way or another she was a tough act to follow.

Laid the beginnings of the NI peace treaty. Likes cricket.

Also liked Blair until he allowed Dubya to use our troops for his benefit. He'll be forever remembered for that unfortunately.

Andy Burnham is a good egg too, my money's on him becoming PM one day. He's laying low in Manchester and biding his time until the current shambles goes away. Might have a long wait at this rate though.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:33 - Mar 14 with 2978 viewsDarth_Koont

I disagree with him on a deeper level but I like Ken Clarke a lot. Seems a decent and principled politician and one of the few deserving of the Honourable Gentleman title.

I also think it was a tragedy that John Smith died when he did. Similarly decent and principled, I think he'd have been a better way forward than Blair as I don't think he'd have been as seduced by the free-market and the easy appeal of moving the party too far from its roots.

Pronouns: He/Him

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:35 - Mar 14 with 2969 viewsNo9

Easy Harold Wilson
Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:36 - Mar 14 with 2965 viewsDarth_Koont

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:32 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

Always conducted himself as a gentleman (although the Edwina Currie revelations a few years after he stopped being PM kind of undermined that) and whatever you thought of Maggie, one way or another she was a tough act to follow.

Also liked Blair until he allowed Dubya to use our troops for his benefit. He'll be forever remembered for that unfortunately.

Andy Burnham is a good egg too, my money's on him becoming PM one day. He's laying low in Manchester and biding his time until the current shambles goes away. Might have a long wait at this rate though.

Yes, Major deserves a lot of credit for detoxifying the Tory Party and the NI peace process.

Pronouns: He/Him

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:36 - Mar 14 with 2962 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Heseltine and Paddy Ashdown.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 2949 viewsfactual_blue

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 2949 viewsfactual_blue

Login to get fewer ads

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:38 - Mar 14 with 2950 viewsfactual_blue

Just for the moustache, Sir Gerald Nabarro.

Complete arse though.

I don't have one on 10:46 - Mar 14 with 2910 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:46 - Mar 14 with 2913 viewsBluefish

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:32 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

It amazes me how many fall for the Burnham illusion. He is a wet chancer, he will never be PM

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:47 - Mar 14 with 2907 viewsBluefish

Thatcher
Hague
Clarke

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:55 - Mar 14 with 2889 viewsFixed_It

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

Thatcher
Hague
Clarke

Still trolling...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

lollers on 10:57 - Mar 14 with 2883 viewsDyland

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:47 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

Thatcher
Hague
Clarke

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:58 - Mar 14 with 2866 viewswitchdoctor

Ken Weetch...brilliant MP for Ipswich..
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 10:59]
Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:59 - Mar 14 with 2856 viewsFixed_It

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:46 - Mar 14 by Bluefish

It amazes me how many fall for the Burnham illusion. He is a wet chancer, he will never be PM

Well Andy Burnham would get my vote - don't think I've fallen for any illusion though. Decent politician who speaks well with more than the usual amount of integrity.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:03 - Mar 14 with 2835 viewsfooters

Nye Bevan is the correct answer.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 2815 viewsLord_Lucan

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:03 - Mar 14 by footers

Nye Bevan is the correct answer.

Unless you are older than i thought you can't have him.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:07 - Mar 14 with 2816 viewsGeoffSentence

As you didn't specify a nationality I am going for a member of the Italian Parliament - La Ciccolina

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:26 - Mar 14 with 2771 viewsBlueBadger

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:36 - Mar 14 by Darth_Koont

Yes, Major deserves a lot of credit for detoxifying the Tory Party and the NI peace process.

Major who's big theme was 'back to basics' and demonising single parent families?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:30 - Mar 14 with 2760 viewshampstead_blue

Maggie.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:36 - Mar 14 with 2747 viewsHerbivore

Caroline Lucas.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:36 - Mar 14 with 2746 viewsBlueBadger

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 10:59 - Mar 14 by Fixed_It

Well Andy Burnham would get my vote - don't think I've fallen for any illusion though. Decent politician who speaks well with more than the usual amount of integrity.

Depressingly enough, Andy 'I know what'll work, let's privatise Hinchinbrooke hospital' Burnham still seems like a beacon of competence over his successors Andrew 'let's privatise the sh1t out of everything' Lansley, Jeremy '5 day week' Rhyming-Slang and Matt 'shiny thing make it better' Hancock.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:42 - Mar 14 with 2731 viewsfooters

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:07 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

Unless you are older than i thought you can't have him.

Ah! Didn't see the the rule... hmmm. I'll sat Tony Blair just to be annoying.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Seeing politics seems to be the order of the day. Who is your favourite ever MP? on 11:54 - Mar 14 with 2714 viewsJ2BLUE

Alan B'Stard

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024