Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city 18:30 - Mar 13 with 4974 viewsMullet

He was off sick last night so only heard it second hand, but reckons they banned any tickets in the home end booked by "a German surname". Apparently loads had tickets cancelled.

Some Austrian fellas kicked off and started talking about the EU and discrimination and police led them away. Also some English blokes who live in Germany had tickets cancelled and were sent to the ticket office to plead their case.

Apparently this sort of thing happens regularly for European nights, staff are just told to "get rid" as quickly as possible. I was truly staggered, I want to think he's on a wind up but he was deadly serious. Apparently they played a Romanian team and loads of local Poles kicked off royally.

Surely City can't get away with that or can they simply hide behind the "it's our venue we exclude who we like" type rhetoric?

On a tangent the Schalke fans had a right knees up in the city beforehand. Reckon we should all do this in Scunny and Southend etc next year.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 18:34 - Mar 13 with 4898 viewsfactual_blue

That clip looks a bit Nuremberg rally at the very start...

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 18:37 - Mar 13 with 4864 viewstextbackup

thank god Town aren't in the champions league, or I wouldn't be getting in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 19:04 - Mar 13 with 4672 viewsTendring_Blue

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 18:37 - Mar 13 by textbackup

I'd be in grave trouble. That is utterly stupid.

You throw people out who kick off. Simple.
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 19:20 - Mar 13 with 4578 viewsGeoffSentence

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 18:34 - Mar 13 by factual_blue

That clip looks a bit Nuremberg rally at the very start...

Which, if you recall, was how some Brighton fans described Town's fist pump celebtrations at their place a few years ago.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 19:27 - Mar 13 with 4519 viewsm14_blue

See that video doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Give me a decent boozer with some nice beer on any day of the week. I don’t get this European thing of standing in a street jumping around for 6 hours before kick off.
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 20:23 - Mar 13 with 4311 viewsReuser_is_God

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 18:37 - Mar 13 by textbackup

Although your first name is an English as you can get!

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 08:54 - Mar 14 with 3270 viewsportmanking

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 20:23 - Mar 13 by Reuser_is_God

Although your first name is an English as you can get!

John Beckenbauer?
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 08:57 - Mar 14 with 3250 viewsReuser_is_God

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 19:27 - Mar 13 by m14_blue

See that video doesn’t appeal to me at all.

Give me a decent boozer with some nice beer on any day of the week. I don’t get this European thing of standing in a street jumping around for 6 hours before kick off.

Odd isn’t it.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:02 - Mar 14 with 3216 viewsm14_blue

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 08:57 - Mar 14 by Reuser_is_God

Odd isn’t it.

I think so.

I know they’re always lionised by fans over here but I find the whole foreign ultra thing a bit lame. I suspect most of them desperately need to get laid.
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:02 - Mar 14 with 3214 viewsITFC_Forever

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but surely City are just trying to prevent away fans getting in home areas?

Same way as IDing ITFC at Lincoln away a couple of seasons ago, or ITFC cancelling tickets for a game to fans with new customer numbers / fans who hadn't booked with us before / fans with post-codes from the area of the away team?

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:08 - Mar 14 with 3169 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:02 - Mar 14 by ITFC_Forever

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but surely City are just trying to prevent away fans getting in home areas?

Same way as IDing ITFC at Lincoln away a couple of seasons ago, or ITFC cancelling tickets for a game to fans with new customer numbers / fans who hadn't booked with us before / fans with post-codes from the area of the away team?

I think the difference is the ‘name sounds a bit foreign’ element rather than being based on some level of intelligence, although may have been exaggerated somewhat

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:17 - Mar 14 with 3111 viewsWeWereZombies

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:08 - Mar 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I think the difference is the ‘name sounds a bit foreign’ element rather than being based on some level of intelligence, although may have been exaggerated somewhat

Yep, it is a criticism of knee jerk reactions and jingoism. If your name does not sound 'foreign' you probably do not see too much wrong and feel a, probably false, sense of security that something is being done. But if you are a genuine supporter who gets excluded then you are the one who feels done. And that feeling can fester to cause resentment, which is sensed and produces another reaction. And so we go into a downward spiral of suspicion.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 15:19 - Mar 14 with 2601 viewsmrshallisfit

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 19:20 - Mar 13 by GeoffSentence

Which, if you recall, was how some Brighton fans described Town's fist pump celebtrations at their place a few years ago.

Brighton fans would know about fist pumps.
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 17:17 - Mar 14 with 2326 viewsPlums

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:02 - Mar 14 by m14_blue

I think so.

I know they’re always lionised by fans over here but I find the whole foreign ultra thing a bit lame. I suspect most of them desperately need to get laid.

Spend a few hours in the fan park and haus at Borussia Monchengladbach and you’ll appreciate it’s far from lame. We could learn an huge amount from them. Beer, food, inclusive football culture, social work, genuine ‘football in the community’.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 21:10 - Mar 14 with 2129 viewsWeWereZombies

However, following on from the punching Grealish incident there is a decent article from the i newspaper that shows a different take on getting tickets for games:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/jack-grealish-fan-pitch-invasions-football-ba

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 21:27 - Mar 14 with 2060 viewsm14_blue

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 17:17 - Mar 14 by Plums

Spend a few hours in the fan park and haus at Borussia Monchengladbach and you’ll appreciate it’s far from lame. We could learn an huge amount from them. Beer, food, inclusive football culture, social work, genuine ‘football in the community’.

Yeah fair enough, that’s all proper stuff and I think German football is great, miles better for the fans than over here.

It’s just the all wearing black and synchronised jumping up and down that I find weird.

Each to their own though, it’s just not how I’d choose to spend a European away day.
Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:08 - Mar 14 with 1907 viewsMullet

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 09:08 - Mar 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I brought it up again today, he's still adamant. That's their brief. I had him down as a bullsh1tter, but he's a proper City fan and just says it is what it is.

The stories he tells does make the ITFC catering fiascos sound like nothing though. For a club so "slick" according to their own documentary they sound utterly amateurish across the matchday.

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:34 - Mar 14 with 1835 viewsPlums

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:08 - Mar 14 by Mullet

I brought it up again today, he's still adamant. That's their brief. I had him down as a bullsh1tter, but he's a proper City fan and just says it is what it is.

The stories he tells does make the ITFC catering fiascos sound like nothing though. For a club so "slick" according to their own documentary they sound utterly amateurish across the matchday.

The stadium entry for last years Foo Fighters gig was a shambles. Massive queues in some areas, none in others. We were lucky and it was minutes. Forty yards away, people missed the support acts.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:38 - Mar 14 with 1822 viewsMullet

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:34 - Mar 14 by Plums

The stadium entry for last years Foo Fighters gig was a shambles. Massive queues in some areas, none in others. We were lucky and it was minutes. Forty yards away, people missed the support acts.

Yeah, they basically rent the stadium to whoever promotes and the promoters decide what they want the staff to do.

Apparently Take That was the worst of the lot, as the machines weren't working and you had the great hordes of p1ssed northern middle aged women kicking off like a cross between a hen do and an Attenborough documentary on the Serengeti.

He reckons they just waved people through and kept out the really drunk ones.

Mate of mine works on the doors at Man city on 22:45 - Mar 14 with 1790 viewsfabian_illness

They look like they’re having great fun. Good on them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024