Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back from holiday. 15:09 - Mar 14 with 3147 viewsPecker

I have just returned from a 10 day break in South Africa visiting friends. They live about an hour and half away from Port Elizabeth. As our brave adventurer fergal was in the area at the time I arranged to meet up with him. He suggested a pub called "la bella". On a day visit to Port Elizabeth we looked for "la bella", but couldn't find it. We asked the locals and they had never heard of it. The only "la bella" in the area was some kind of nail and beauty bar, so we headed for the port to see if we could find his ship. We couldn't see it in the birth that he had told me, in fact, there was a small container ship in that birth. We asked some of the workers if there had been a tall ship in port recently and they said that there hadn't been a tall ship in port for a few months. Now, I am not saying that fergal wasn't in Port Elizabeth (I kind of am) and I am not saying that he is lying about his trip (I kind of am), but he wasn't where he said he would be. Anyway had a lovely time, just a shame I missed the WBA game.(wasn't to fussed about BC) How can WBA sack a manager when they were 4th in the table? Madness.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 16:58]
Back from holiday. on 15:47 - Mar 14 with 2655 viewsBloomBlue

Did he get lost, as there is (Well there was) a La Bella restaurant but that's approx 4 hours along the coast from Port Elizabeth in the Still Bay area.
Back from holiday. on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 2610 viewsRyorry

Back from holiday. on 15:47 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

Did he get lost, as there is (Well there was) a La Bella restaurant but that's approx 4 hours along the coast from Port Elizabeth in the Still Bay area.

I reckon his navigation skills are such that he was actually here -

https://www.bellaitalia.co.uk/italian-restaurant/luton/luton-airport

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Back from holiday. on 16:10 - Mar 14 with 2605 viewsartsbossbeard

Back from holiday. on 16:08 - Mar 14 by Ryorry

I think you mean Bella Napoli.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Back from holiday. on 16:56 - Mar 14 with 2545 viewsPecker

Back from holiday. on 15:47 - Mar 14 by BloomBlue

He said he was in Port Elizabeth, East dock, Berth 27. I checked this with some of the workers who were there and they said no tall ships had been there for a few months. A small container ship was there at the time. Somebody actually told me about that restaurant, and like you say, it was about a four and a half hours drive away.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2019 16:57]
Back from holiday. on 18:20 - Mar 14 with 2472 viewsPecker

Back from holiday. on 16:08 - Mar 14 by Ryorry

I doubt he could find his way there either.
Back from holiday. on 18:31 - Mar 14 with 2459 viewsJ2BLUE

Well until this thread, we all believed him.

Stunned.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Back from holiday. on 18:44 - Mar 14 with 2448 viewsPecker

Back from holiday. on 18:31 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Stunned.

He was adamant that he would be there. He said he would be in an Ipswich Town away shirt from the 80s. I knew he was lying, but had the opportunity to prove it to myself at least.
Back from holiday. on 18:57 - Mar 14 with 2418 viewsSpruceMoose

Stunned.

Now I'm doubting whether he's ever left the country at all!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Back from holiday. on 19:05 - Mar 14 with 2407 viewseireblue

Stunned.

Hmmmm, have Pecker and Fergal been seen in a room together yet.

I think Phil should pay for an independent delegation to travel to SA to verify at least one of these stories.

It is the only sensible option.
Back from holiday. on 19:06 - Mar 14 with 2405 viewsfooters

Back from holiday. on 19:05 - Mar 14 by eireblue

I think Phil should pay for an independent delegation to travel to SA to verify at least one of these stories.

Or to Chelmsford. Whichever's cheaper.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Back from holiday. on 19:31 - Mar 14 with 2365 viewsRyorry

Back from holiday. on 19:06 - Mar 14 by footers

Or to Chelmsford. Whichever's cheaper.

Was that where Gav said his IP was located? I know it was somewhere in the S of England, thought Luton area? but dodge mem probably playing up again.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Back from holiday. on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 2358 viewsSpruceMoose

Back from holiday. on 19:31 - Mar 14 by Ryorry

Was that where Gav said his IP was located? I know it was somewhere in the S of England, thought Luton area? but dodge mem probably playing up again.

Must be somewhere pretty dull and depressing if you need to invent this story. My advice to him would be save some money, get a passport, then actually go somewhere. He'll love it.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Back from holiday. on 19:35 - Mar 14 with 2357 viewsfooters

Back from holiday. on 19:31 - Mar 14 by Ryorry

Think it was as I quipped t'other day that no wonder he needs escapist fantasies living there.

I should know. When I lived in Lowestoft I spent most days fantasising about nicer places- like Ipswich.

Back from holiday. on 19:37 - Mar 14 with 2350 viewsJ2BLUE

Like that black ops trip to America to see if Spruce and wkj were the same person after all?

Truly impaired.

Back from holiday. on 19:39 - Mar 14 with 2344 viewsSpruceMoose

Back from holiday. on 19:37 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Like that black ops trip to America to see if Spruce and wkj were the same person after all?

I thought we were going to leave that particular GlassersGate conspiracy behind!

Gav is welcome to compare our IP addresses!

Back from holiday. on 19:45 - Mar 14 with 2329 viewsJ2BLUE

Back from holiday. on 19:39 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

I thought we were going to leave that particular GlassersGate conspiracy behind!

Gav is welcome to compare our IP addresses!

Don't worry, you were cleared. We set up a special English pub next to your place of work. We had supply issues and could only serve gammon and eggs. We offered you chips or salad. You chose wisely. Even GB couldn't argue with the results.

Truly impaired.

Back from holiday. on 19:46 - Mar 14 with 2326 viewsSpruceMoose

Back from holiday. on 19:45 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Don't worry, you were cleared. We set up a special English pub next to your place of work. We had supply issues and could only serve gammon and eggs. We offered you chips or salad. You chose wisely. Even GB couldn't argue with the results.

I wish there was a special English pub next to my office. There's about 300 sh!tty Irish pubs around. I give those a miss.

Back from holiday. on 19:49 - Mar 14 with 2321 viewsJ2BLUE

Back from holiday. on 19:46 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

I wish there was a special English pub next to my office. There's about 300 sh!tty Irish pubs around. I give those a miss.

I don't blame you. Can't think of anything worse.

Truly impaired.

Back from holiday. on 19:50 - Mar 14 with 2317 viewsSpruceMoose

Back from holiday. on 19:49 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

I don't blame you. Can't think of anything worse.

I'm not going outdoors this Sunday. Nothing worse than rowdy 'Irish' Americans on St Patrick's day.

Back from holiday. on 20:04 - Mar 14 with 2292 viewsPecker

I can confirm that I was at the Wigan game when captain fergal claimed to be in Australia.
Back from holiday. on 20:17 - Mar 14 with 2277 viewsLord_Lucan

Back from holiday. on 19:35 - Mar 14 by footers

Think it was as I quipped t'other day that no wonder he needs escapist fantasies living there.

I should know. When I lived in Lowestoft I spent most days fantasising about nicer places- like Ipswich.

You replied to a post I made about his IP address being in Chelmsford. I made Chelmsford up but I know it’s Essex somewhere.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Back from holiday. on 20:18 - Mar 14 with 2277 viewseireblue

Back from holiday. on 19:45 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

But I think we were all surprised when [Adminstrator Deleted] turned up with [Administrator Deleted] for a date.
Back from holiday. on 20:25 - Mar 14 with 2260 viewsfooters

Back from holiday. on 20:17 - Mar 14 by Lord_Lucan

You replied to a post I made about his IP address being in Chelmsford. I made Chelmsford up but I know it’s Essex somewhere.

Ah! Well, it's Essex so my original point stands. Wonder what it was like that way before the London expatriation? Probably quite nice.

John Peel was once asked about living in Suffolk. He replied with something like "It's lovely, beautiful and quiet- but it is spoilt by having to drive through Essex most days."

Back from holiday. on 20:34 - Mar 14 with 2248 viewsLord_Lucan

Back from holiday. on 20:25 - Mar 14 by footers

Ah! Well, it's Essex so my original point stands. Wonder what it was like that way before the London expatriation? Probably quite nice.

John Peel was once asked about living in Suffolk. He replied with something like "It's lovely, beautiful and quiet- but it is spoilt by having to drive through Essex most days."

Most of my family are Essex. I don’t mind the place - although I’m not overly keen on the Saaafend area and I hate the countryside places just as much as I hate all countryside places. Romford would be my Essex town of choice.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Back from holiday. on 21:05 - Mar 14 with 2211 viewsWeWereZombies

Back from holiday. on 20:25 - Mar 14 by footers

That cannot be right - I heard Peel used to drive back from the BBC along the M11 and down to Stowmarket from Cambridge just to avoid driving through Essex. But then a lot of the M11 goes through Essex and I never questioned that at the time.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024