Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting XI next season as it stand 09:30 - Mar 16 with 3055 viewsBluefish

Bart

Emmanuel Chanbers Woolfenden Kenlock
Skuse
Downes Bishop
Edwards Lankester
Harrison

Subs
Dozzell
Nolan
Jackson
Nydam
Nsiala
Sears?

I am not fully convinced by Edwards still but we are lacking width. The CM options are excellent, you could easily bring in Dozzell and Nolan without loss of quality. I would rather have that team every week and finish 7th than bring in a load of journeyman players

I would also rather player 2 up top so perhaps losing Edwards and bring in Nolan to then play a diamond
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 9:32]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Starting XI next season as it stand on 09:50 - Mar 16 with 2414 viewsThisIsMyUsername

These threads are completely pointless as no one knows what the squad will look like.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Starting XI next season as it stand on 09:55 - Mar 16 with 2386 viewsBluefish

Starting XI next season as it stand on 09:50 - Mar 16 by ThisIsMyUsername

These threads are completely pointless as no one knows what the squad will look like.

Your face is completely pointless

Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:20 - Mar 16 with 2330 viewsfloridaboy

Kenlock and Emmanuel you are joking of course. Not good enough even in L1

Chambers and Woolfenden definitely but we do need two new full backs. Bree and Elder if we could get them but don't think that will happen

Need to do all we can get keep Judge. Not sure about Harrison up front on his own. And would like to see Dozzell and Bishop in the same midfield as well

But we are all experts and all know what PL is thinking ahead of next season!!
Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:38 - Mar 16 with 2288 viewsHerbivore

I think it'll end up being something like:

Bart

New RB
Chambers
Nsiala
Kenlock

Skuse
Downes
Bishop
Judge

Harrison
Jackson

Midfield diamond with Dozzer, Nydam and Nolan rotating in. Lankester swapping with Judge. Wolfenden will be cover imo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:40 - Mar 16 with 2283 viewsDarth_Koont

That looks like a backline that can be bullied. I'm not even including Woolfenden in that as he's still more of an unknown quantity (to me at least). Generally, this season we've fallen apart whenever we've faced a more physical threat.

The rest of the team looks about right although Judge would be a big improvement. And I'm guessing that Sears becomes a much more valuable player at that level too.

Pronouns: He/Him

Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:47 - Mar 16 with 2254 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Paul Lambert will address the weaknesses in our squad, which is upfront and at FB. We almost have too many good options in midfield, but maybe miss a nasty presence to make sure the likes of Bishop, Dozzell etc.. don't get bullied in that division.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert sold Bart to fund a goalscorer/someone more able to play the lone role upfront. I'm not too sure if Will Keane has the necessary threat/ability to play long spells without picking up injuries to be the man we need to fire us out of League 1.

I'd go...

New GK
New RB
Chambers
Woolfenden
New LB

CDM - Huws/Skuse
CM - Bishop
CM - Judge
RW - Edwards
LW - Lankester/Sears

New Striker

Subs : Dozzell, Nolan, Jackson, Downes, Nydam, Nsiala, GK.

Kenlock and Emmanuel will really have to impressed between now and the end of the season if they are to prove that they are good enough to sustain a place in a top 2 league 1 side. While i think the talent is maybe there, i'm unconvinced right now.
Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:09 - Mar 16 with 2219 viewsPilgrimblue

Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:38 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

I think it'll end up being something like:

Bart

New RB
Chambers
Nsiala
Kenlock

Skuse
Downes
Bishop
Judge

Harrison
Jackson

Midfield diamond with Dozzer, Nydam and Nolan rotating in. Lankester swapping with Judge. Wolfenden will be cover imo.

I would never have Harrison and Jackson together and would rather have Sears as our striker either with one of our youth players like Folami or Morris.
In order to succeed in L1 we'll need a 20+ goal scorer or two 15+ so don't think either Harrison or Jackson will do it.
Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:21 - Mar 16 with 2197 viewsHerbivore

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:09 - Mar 16 by Pilgrimblue

I would never have Harrison and Jackson together and would rather have Sears as our striker either with one of our youth players like Folami or Morris.
In order to succeed in L1 we'll need a 20+ goal scorer or two 15+ so don't think either Harrison or Jackson will do it.

They are both well capable of 15 goals at that level. None of the three you mention will be fit to start in August. Ideally I'd like a new striker, but we'll see.

Login to get fewer ads

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:40 - Mar 16 with 2157 viewsBluefish

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:09 - Mar 16 by Pilgrimblue

I think Harrison and Jackson would complement each other and play far better in a 2. We won't see the best of Jackson especially in a 1. Sears doesn't complement Jackson at all

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:42 - Mar 16 with 2149 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Starting XI next season as it stand on 10:47 - Mar 16 by Westcountryblue

I think Paul Lambert will address the weaknesses in our squad, which is upfront and at FB. We almost have too many good options in midfield, but maybe miss a nasty presence to make sure the likes of Bishop, Dozzell etc.. don't get bullied in that division.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lambert sold Bart to fund a goalscorer/someone more able to play the lone role upfront. I'm not too sure if Will Keane has the necessary threat/ability to play long spells without picking up injuries to be the man we need to fire us out of League 1.

I'd go...

New GK
New RB
Chambers
Woolfenden
New LB

CDM - Huws/Skuse
CM - Bishop
CM - Judge
RW - Edwards
LW - Lankester/Sears

New Striker

Subs : Dozzell, Nolan, Jackson, Downes, Nydam, Nsiala, GK.

Kenlock and Emmanuel will really have to impressed between now and the end of the season if they are to prove that they are good enough to sustain a place in a top 2 league 1 side. While i think the talent is maybe there, i'm unconvinced right now.

We are judging Kenlock and Emanuel based on a higher level than they will be in next season.

I think both will be OK in L1. Also Nolan should be in the L1 team.

Can't see Huws being fit, and think Judge will be gone.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:46 - Mar 16 with 2131 viewsboysof1981

Can’t see Bart being here, so a new keeper plus new LB & RB. I think Jackson may come good, and would love to see us keep Judge and possibly Keane, although I can’t see either staying.
Nolan & Bishop will be excellent in L1, and I think it could be Lankester who shines, looked excellent before his injury
Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:58 - Mar 16 with 2101 viewsBinner

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:21 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

They are both well capable of 15 goals at that level. None of the three you mention will be fit to start in August. Ideally I'd like a new striker, but we'll see.

What is your reasoning for saying that Jackson is "well capable" of scoring 15 at League 1 level? I don't see it...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:04 - Mar 16 with 2088 viewsHerbivore

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:58 - Mar 16 by Binner

What is your reasoning for saying that Jackson is "well capable" of scoring 15 at League 1 level? I don't see it...

He bagged that many in League 2 despite often playing wide at Accrington. The gap between League 2 and League 1 isn't huge, it's much, much smaller than the gap between the Championship and League 1. He's managed a goal every three and a half games in the Championship, over a 46 game season that's not all that far away from 15 goals. With his pace playing in a front two I think he'll score plenty in League 1.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:06 - Mar 16 with 2075 viewsBinner

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:04 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

He bagged that many in League 2 despite often playing wide at Accrington. The gap between League 2 and League 1 isn't huge, it's much, much smaller than the gap between the Championship and League 1. He's managed a goal every three and a half games in the Championship, over a 46 game season that's not all that far away from 15 goals. With his pace playing in a front two I think he'll score plenty in League 1.

Thanks for replying. I hope you are right but I'm not convinced.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:07 - Mar 16 with 2075 viewsWestcountryblue

Starting XI next season as it stand on 11:42 - Mar 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

We are judging Kenlock and Emanuel based on a higher level than they will be in next season.

I think both will be OK in L1. Also Nolan should be in the L1 team.

Can't see Huws being fit, and think Judge will be gone.

Ok isn't good enough for a return at the first bounce. We need to sort out the issue at FB as it's been a problem for a number of seasons now.
Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:14 - Mar 16 with 2044 viewsHerbivore

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:06 - Mar 16 by Binner

Thanks for replying. I hope you are right but I'm not convinced.

I think people are overestimating League 1. Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards and Harrison were all excellent players at that level despite many of our fans claiming they are hopeless.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:29 - Mar 16 with 2005 viewsDarth_Koont

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:14 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

I think people are overestimating League 1. Nolan, Nsiala, Edwards and Harrison were all excellent players at that level despite many of our fans claiming they are hopeless.

True. But they were playing in established or rising teams in the division.

The real challenge for us in League One is to quickly build confidence and momentum after this season while also coping with higher expectations. All of which demands more from the players than the last time around.

Not sure the current free pass the squad is getting will extend to a slow start and then say a 1-0 home loss against Wycombe, so the players need to be on it from the start. Personally, I think we need to tighten up a few positions particularly at the back.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:30 - Mar 16 with 2002 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:07 - Mar 16 by Westcountryblue

Ok isn't good enough for a return at the first bounce. We need to sort out the issue at FB as it's been a problem for a number of seasons now.

I'll trust PL's judgement above yours.

You can write them off all you like, but the truth us we have no idea whether they will be good enough or not.

Kenlock looked promising in the week, and Emmanuel was in important member of Rotherhams promotion season.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:32 - Mar 16 with 1998 viewsHerbivore

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:29 - Mar 16 by Darth_Koont

True. But they were playing in established or rising teams in the division.

The real challenge for us in League One is to quickly build confidence and momentum after this season while also coping with higher expectations. All of which demands more from the players than the last time around.

Not sure the current free pass the squad is getting will extend to a slow start and then say a 1-0 home loss against Wycombe, so the players need to be on it from the start. Personally, I think we need to tighten up a few positions particularly at the back.

They were standout players in their teams though whilst being essentially fringe players here. I agree finding some cohesiveness and confidence early will be key but I don't expect a huge overhaul of the team and that will give continuity, with a Lambert preseason under their belts too. Quality won't be our issue at that level though, the squad is more than good enough.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:34 - Mar 16 with 1988 viewsWestcountryblue

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:32 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

They were standout players in their teams though whilst being essentially fringe players here. I agree finding some cohesiveness and confidence early will be key but I don't expect a huge overhaul of the team and that will give continuity, with a Lambert preseason under their belts too. Quality won't be our issue at that level though, the squad is more than good enough.

Agreed about the quality, i think our challenge will be to ensure that we don't get out muscled in games next year. We have a few players who might we targeted
Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:37 - Mar 16 with 1979 viewsDarth_Koont

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:32 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Agree re: quality. Our mentality is the big unknown.

That's why I'd like us to show a bit more nous and eke out some results this season. We're playing well enough but there still seems to be something missing.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:42 - Mar 16 with 1961 viewsWestcountryblue

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:30 - Mar 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

You can write them off all you like, but the truth us we have no idea whether they will be good enough or not.

Kenlock looked promising in the week, and Emmanuel was in important member of Rotherhams promotion season.

I rate them both as players, i just think they might take a 1-2 more years to develop and reach their potential.

We can't really have 2-3 players across our back line with under 100 competitive appearances under their name, as they are bound to make mistakes while learning their trade.

I think we are handling Emmanuel well actually, as he was/is quite raw still, but has managed to get a good number of games at a competitive level. Wouldn't be adverse to loaning one of these players out again next season.
Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:44 - Mar 16 with 1956 viewsHerbivore

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:30 - Mar 16 by Marshalls_Mullet

He wasn't that important, they made no effort to keep him. He couldn't regularly get in Shrewsbury's team this season hence being sent back.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:47 - Mar 16 with 1942 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:44 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

He wasn't that important, they made no effort to keep him. He couldn't regularly get in Shrewsbury's team this season hence being sent back.

They didn't sign him for their Champ season... that doesn't mean he's not good enough for L1!!

He was a regular starter in a promotion winning team.

Hence he is good enough to play well in L1 if managed properly.

He lost his place in Shrewsbury team when the manager changed, that does mean PL can't get a tune out of him.

It's daft to write him off, when he's a proven L1 promotion winner.

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:48 - Mar 16 with 1938 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Starting XI next season as it stand on 12:42 - Mar 16 by Westcountryblue

I rate them both as players, i just think they might take a 1-2 more years to develop and reach their potential.

We can't really have 2-3 players across our back line with under 100 competitive appearances under their name, as they are bound to make mistakes while learning their trade.

I think we are handling Emmanuel well actually, as he was/is quite raw still, but has managed to get a good number of games at a competitive level. Wouldn't be adverse to loaning one of these players out again next season.

Might be useful to have a proven L1 promotion winner in the side.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024