Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Replica shirt review 18:20 - Mar 27 with 2015 viewsTractorBoy

Evening, has anybody on here bought the 91/92 replica top now on sale? If so, how is the quality and is the badge and iron-on or stitched jobby? Looking to justify the £40 tag!
https://itfcshop.com/catalog/product/view/id/9873/s/1857-1991-92-2nd-division-ch

Ta
Replica shirt review on 18:24 - Mar 27 with 2001 viewsCoastalblue

The badge shown in the picture there is clearly embroidered so can't believe they'd then supply you with a stick on jobbie.

Think I still have one of them somewhere, must be one of the last shirts I bought.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Replica shirt review on 18:26 - Mar 27 with 1995 viewsFifeITFC

I haven't bothered as the sizing on previous Copa kits is/was ridiculously small. Got a 3XL of the Play Off kit and if it was much more than a Large I would be amazed.

Don't judge it on modern shirt sizing. Absolutely terrible, which is a shame as I'd love those shirts.

I did tweet the club a few days ago to ask if the sizing had improved but they've not replied.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Replica shirt review on 18:43 - Mar 27 with 1960 viewsJon_456

I’ve bought it and I love it.

Badge is stitched on and the quality is good.

I know other retros run very small but this one isn’t too bad. I’ve gone true to size which fits fine but I wouldn’t want it any smaller so may be worth going one size up.
Replica shirt review on 18:48 - Mar 27 with 1955 viewsITFC_Forever

I want to get this one as well... but there’s two things bugging me about it...

- It doesn’t have the Umbro logo (which I can understand).
- It doesn’t have the snap-down collars (from what I can see in the pictures).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Replica shirt review on 19:14 - Mar 27 with 1905 viewshatch

Replica shirt review on 18:48 - Mar 27 by ITFC_Forever

I want to get this one as well... but there’s two things bugging me about it...

- It doesn’t have the Umbro logo (which I can understand).
- It doesn’t have the snap-down collars (from what I can see in the pictures).

I have the original and it’s quite different to this for the reasons you have mentioned and the sponsor is much smaller.
Replica shirt review on 19:19 - Mar 27 with 1895 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

none of the reproductions are much cop. Funny how they cant get the manufacturer's logos bit can get the shirt sponsors consent to reproduce. Especially bizarre as Adidas are our current supplier and roduced the 78 and 81 orginals.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Replica shirt review on 21:11 - Mar 27 with 1706 viewsMisterBlue

Replica shirt review on 19:14 - Mar 27 by hatch

I have the original and it’s quite different to this for the reasons you have mentioned and the sponsor is much smaller.

Agree. The pattern isn't quite right (there should be a wavy vertical line through it) and the badge should not have a black out line on the horse.
Replica shirt review on 21:15 - Mar 27 with 1698 viewsITFC_Forever

Replica shirt review on 19:14 - Mar 27 by hatch

I have the original somewhere, not that it’ll fit me now.

The font for the sponsor was always bigger on the player’s shirts than the supporter’s replica kits, so that doesn’t bother me so much.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Replica shirt review on 22:11 - Mar 27 with 1627 viewsstonojnr

Replica shirt review on 19:19 - Mar 27 by Jonnosdreadlocks

none of the reproductions are much cop. Funny how they cant get the manufacturer's logos bit can get the shirt sponsors consent to reproduce. Especially bizarre as Adidas are our current supplier and roduced the 78 and 81 orginals.

but Adidas claim to have no interest in revisiting the retro side, which is strange youd think the original trefoil on a bunch of stuff, and not just the occasional adidas originals, would sell loads.

but I suspect its all caught up in various rights and ownerships, maybe modern day Adidas dont quite own the IP outright to that stuff from the period, and the cost to reproduce it as part of paying a bunch of other people nixes the idea.

and the retro kits themselves, I guess again all down to IP ownerships, you cant reprint an identical Umbro kit without paying Nike,so you end up with something that looks similar but isnt the same, and everyones lawyers stay happy
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024