Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why are so many referees such tvvats? 13:36 - Apr 15 with 5982 viewsBrixtonBlue

This is just ridiculous.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/47932458

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 13:44 - Apr 15 with 4327 viewshomer_123

What's the ref done there?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 13:45 - Apr 15 with 4326 viewsDyland

(runs away)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 13:50 - Apr 15 with 4301 views26_Paz

Its the power trip I think.
They obviously don't have much authority in everyday life so get off an a little bit of power for a few hours on a Saturday.

The Paz Man

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 13:57 - Apr 15 with 4284 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm no lover of refs but technically he is correct and there was nothing else he could have done, IMHO

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 4253 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 13:57 - Apr 15 by Lord_Lucan

I'm no lover of refs but technically he is correct and there was nothing else he could have done, IMHO

Of course he was TECHNICALLY correct, but surely use a bit of common sense. The ball was clearly going out (and virtually was).

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:13 - Apr 15 with 4223 viewshomer_123

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:10 - Apr 15 by BrixtonBlue

Of course he was TECHNICALLY correct, but surely use a bit of common sense. The ball was clearly going out (and virtually was).

But wasn't out - I really don't see what the problem is here.

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:22 - Apr 15 with 4201 viewsXYZ

Referees' assessors are now recruiting rogue ball-boys to test the refs. He'd have been marked down for any other decision.
Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:23 - Apr 15 with 4190 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:13 - Apr 15 by homer_123

But wasn't out - I really don't see what the problem is here.

Come on, you do see the problem.

Login to get fewer ads

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:28 - Apr 15 with 4175 viewsNo9

It also infringes the rules of the game
Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:33 - Apr 15 with 4153 viewshomer_123

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:23 - Apr 15 by BrixtonBlue

Come on, you do see the problem.

Genuinely, what's the problem?

I'm not being obtuse - genuinely interested in understanding what the ref has done wrong here.

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:34 - Apr 15 with 4148 viewsNo9

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:33 - Apr 15 by homer_123

I'm not being obtuse - genuinely interested in understanding what the ref has done wrong here.

You are not serious are you?
Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:36 - Apr 15 with 4138 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:33 - Apr 15 by homer_123

You must be on a wind-up if you reckon you can't see what my problem is.

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:40 - Apr 15 with 4126 viewshomer_123

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:36 - Apr 15 by BrixtonBlue

You must be on a wind-up if you reckon you can't see what my problem is.

I'll ask again, honestly, what has the ref done wrong?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:41 - Apr 15 with 4128 viewshomer_123

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:34 - Apr 15 by No9

You are not serious are you?

Yes, I can't see what he's done wrong.

Watched it a couple of times, ball boy comes on the pitch and kicks the ball before it goes out of play - looks like ref is giving a drop ball?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:48 - Apr 15 with 4097 viewsGeoffSentence

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:41 - Apr 15 by homer_123

Yes, I can't see what he's done wrong.

Watched it a couple of times, ball boy comes on the pitch and kicks the ball before it goes out of play - looks like ref is giving a drop ball?

If it is any comfort, that's how I see it and I don't see what the ref has done wrong either.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 4086 viewshomer_123

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:48 - Apr 15 by GeoffSentence

If it is any comfort, that's how I see it and I don't see what the ref has done wrong either.

We must be missing something Geoff....! :)

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:54 - Apr 15 with 4072 viewsGeoffSentence

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:50 - Apr 15 by homer_123

We must be missing something Geoff....! :)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/17/you-ref-trevillion-hackett-engl

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 15:14 - Apr 15 with 4001 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:48 - Apr 15 by GeoffSentence

Make that 3

Although in defence of Dolly I think he’s directing his ire at the wrong target. Refs have to be pedantic on things like that as it’s literally their jobs to uphold the laws of the game. If those laws allowed them to apply common sense then clearly they should, and presumably would just give the goal kick

I’d like to presume that the drop ball simply saw the ball kicked out for a goal kick anyway
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 15:14]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 15:18 - Apr 15 with 3973 viewsWeWereZombies

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 13:45 - Apr 15 by Dyland

(runs away)

I think that is a bit unfair on the young lad, he got over enthusiastic and I doubt he will be allowed to forget making a fool of himself in front of forty eight thousand people.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 15:22]

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 15:20 - Apr 15 with 3962 viewsGlasgowBlue

Not sure what the ref has done wrong here. He's only applying the laws of the game. That's his job.

I coached an under 16 team for seven years. In one game an opposition player hoofed the ball towards our end. It was clearly going out for a goal kick so one of our defenders caught it on the touchline then threw it to our keeper. The ref gave the opposition a free kick and booked our player.

The ball was obviously going out with no attacking players near it but the ref applied the laws of the game. We had no complaints.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 15:21 - Apr 15 with 3955 viewschicoazul

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:40 - Apr 15 by homer_123

Nothing.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Well yes, I wasn't being serious :) (n/t) on 15:23 - Apr 15 with 3938 viewsDyland

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 15:18 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

I think that is a bit unfair on the young lad, he got over enthusiastic and I doubt he will be allowed to forget making a fool of himself in front of forty eight thousand people.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

It probably won't get back to him anyway on 15:25 - Apr 15 with 3924 viewsWeWereZombies

Well yes, I wasn't being serious :) (n/t) on 15:23 - Apr 15 by Dyland

n/t

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 15:27 - Apr 15 with 3913 viewsBrixtonBlue

Why are so many referees such tvvats? on 14:40 - Apr 15 by homer_123

I give up.

Yes, he's literally applied the laws of the game. But come on? Common sense says give a goal kick, which was clearly what was about to happen.

As suggested elsewhere, maybe my ire should be with the rule makers rather than the ref. It's just so daft that he has to give a drop ball there. Imagine if the attacking team had scored from that drop ball. It would encourage people to run on the pitch in future in order to affect games.

I think most in this thread have had their common sense glands removed. Or are just looking to disagree because it's me.

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 15:30 - Apr 15 with 3901 viewsGeoffSentence

Why are so many ball boys so sh1te? on 15:18 - Apr 15 by WeWereZombies

Not so bad as for this chap

[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 15:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024