Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Town 20:07 - Mar 30 with 2662 viewsyorkshire

Always had a soft spot for Luton Football Club - we always used to get their results on Anglia News (not sure if that is still the case)

I think if I'd told you a couple of years ago that they would be starting 2019/20 in a league above Ipswich then you wouldn't have believed me

Still goes to show that it isn't all doom and gloom when you go down - and they really went down the leagues
Luton Town on 20:17 - Mar 30 with 2603 viewsCarlosfan

I am so pleased for their long suffering fans. It’s my local club and it was only 20 months ago that Town played them in the Caribou Cup and there were two leagues between the teams. Lots of good things going on there with permission granted for the new stadium.
Luton Town on 20:23 - Mar 30 with 2588 viewsFtnfwest

Luton Town on 20:17 - Mar 30 by Carlosfan

I am so pleased for their long suffering fans. It’s my local club and it was only 20 months ago that Town played them in the Caribou Cup and there were two leagues between the teams. Lots of good things going on there with permission granted for the new stadium.

Pleased for them and with stadium plans. In practice though the latter could be very problematic. The site they’ve chosen could take years to make viable, it’s an old heavy industrial site with lots of nasties and services to be diverted etc
Luton Town on 00:04 - Mar 31 with 2434 viewsParamedic

Remember when they were an old div 1 side (premier league in today's standard) Brian Stein, Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh, Steve Foster I think. Good side back then.

AllalallalSunderland

Luton Town on 03:03 - Mar 31 with 2380 viewsMinneapolis_ITFC

Luton Town on 00:04 - Mar 31 by Paramedic

Remember when they were an old div 1 side (premier league in today's standard) Brian Stein, Ricky Hill, Paul Walsh, Steve Foster I think. Good side back then.

Yeah they won the League Cup at the end of the 1980's. Made the final the following year if memory serves.

Had that infamous game with Millwall when George Graham managed the latter and as a result, away fans were prohibited from Kenilworth Road. Always a tough trip there back in the day with the plastic surface and some good players they were able to assemble.
Luton Town on 03:05 - Mar 31 with 2378 viewsSpruceMoose

Luton Town on 03:03 - Mar 31 by Minneapolis_ITFC

Yeah they won the League Cup at the end of the 1980's. Made the final the following year if memory serves.

Had that infamous game with Millwall when George Graham managed the latter and as a result, away fans were prohibited from Kenilworth Road. Always a tough trip there back in the day with the plastic surface and some good players they were able to assemble.

Crap airport though. How they have the nerve to call themselves a London airport is beyond me!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Luton Town on 04:07 - Mar 31 with 2349 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Luton Town on 03:05 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

Crap airport though. How they have the nerve to call themselves a London airport is beyond me!

See also: Southend

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Luton Town on 04:25 - Mar 31 with 2337 viewsSpruceMoose

Luton Town on 04:07 - Mar 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

They were in the back of my mind when I was writing that post!

I expect to see London Norwich Airport any time now.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Luton Town on 04:40 - Mar 31 with 2331 viewsWeWereZombies

Luton Town on 04:07 - Mar 31 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Both Luton and Southend airports are less than seven miles further away from the centre of London than Gatwick.

Not sure about the parking though...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Town on 05:04 - Mar 31 with 2318 viewsSpruceMoose

Luton Town on 04:40 - Mar 31 by WeWereZombies

Both Luton and Southend airports are less than seven miles further away from the centre of London than Gatwick.

Not sure about the parking though...

Seeing as I always choose to walk to the airport, those seven miles really make a difference.

Luton Town on 05:32 - Mar 31 with 2304 viewsWeWereZombies

Luton Town on 05:04 - Mar 31 by SpruceMoose

Seeing as I always choose to walk to the airport, those seven miles really make a difference.

Yes, I used to have that issue:

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Luton Town on 08:59 - Mar 31 with 2201 viewsITFC_Forever

My first Town game was a 3-0 win against them in the early 80s. Hull, Stein etc

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024