Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Myles Kenlock and the LB position 11:28 - Sep 1 with 2442 viewsMaySixth

Myles has done well this season.
If we are sticking with 4-4-2 though, do we need more competition there?
Georgiou and Garbutt appear to be more advanced left side options and it leaves us with Bailey Clements as the only other LB in the squad.
Do we strengthen before the window closes?

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:31 - Sep 1 with 2416 viewsHerbivore

Myles has largely been our weak link imo, sadly. He's not impressed as I'd hoped he would at this level. That said, I don't see us signing another left back when Garbutt and Georgiou can both play there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:34 - Sep 1 with 2402 viewswkj

Miles has done OK, though if/when teams start sussing us and exploit that wing, I'll be worried. Miles still looks like bambi on ice in a lot of situations

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:35 - Sep 1 with 2392 viewsMaySixth

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:31 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Myles has largely been our weak link imo, sadly. He's not impressed as I'd hoped he would at this level. That said, I don't see us signing another left back when Garbutt and Georgiou can both play there.

I'm not sure that Garbutt would do well in a 4-4-2 at LB - Georgiou better for us up the pitch.

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:40 - Sep 1 with 2376 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:35 - Sep 1 by MaySixth

I'm not sure that Garbutt would do well in a 4-4-2 at LB - Georgiou better for us up the pitch.

I think once Garbutt is back he could play in front of Georgiou and between them they'd be plenty solid enough whilst also offering a threat going forward. Kenlock needs to do a lot more to nail down his place.

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:42 - Sep 1 with 2369 viewswkj

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:40 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

I think once Garbutt is back he could play in front of Georgiou and between them they'd be plenty solid enough whilst also offering a threat going forward. Kenlock needs to do a lot more to nail down his place.

Unless we are to become a mid table L1 club, I doubt his place is with ITFC to be honest, I might be wrong but he is fortunate enough to be playing in a difficult position to fill.

Crybaby

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:36 - Sep 1 with 2288 viewsFixed_It

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:42 - Sep 1 by wkj

Unless we are to become a mid table L1 club, I doubt his place is with ITFC to be honest, I might be wrong but he is fortunate enough to be playing in a difficult position to fill.

Am I right in thinking he signed a long contract in the summer - 4 years I think? I'm assuming his wages aren't too steep, but I thought at the time that seemed a big commitment from us for a player with some question marks against him still. He's not a bad player by any stretch, and perfectly adequate at this level. But at the moment he looks a weak link.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:40 - Sep 1 with 2269 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:36 - Sep 1 by Fixed_It

Am I right in thinking he signed a long contract in the summer - 4 years I think? I'm assuming his wages aren't too steep, but I thought at the time that seemed a big commitment from us for a player with some question marks against him still. He's not a bad player by any stretch, and perfectly adequate at this level. But at the moment he looks a weak link.

This sounds harsh but for me he stands out as being a level below his teammates. He's just not really pushed on over the past couple of years. Yesterday he lost the ba way too easily so many times and whilst he does get forward he never offers any final product. The gap between his performance and KVY's was stark.

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:42 - Sep 1 with 2257 viewsFixed_It

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:40 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

This sounds harsh but for me he stands out as being a level below his teammates. He's just not really pushed on over the past couple of years. Yesterday he lost the ba way too easily so many times and whilst he does get forward he never offers any final product. The gap between his performance and KVY's was stark.

Upgrade on Knudsen? Now there's a debate...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:45 - Sep 1 with 2242 viewsHerbivore

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:42 - Sep 1 by Fixed_It

That some people genuinely rated Kenlock higher than Knudsen is one of life's great mysteries.

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 19:58 - Sep 14 with 1994 viewsMaySixth

shame

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:08 - Sep 14 with 1963 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock has done well?

Perhaps you are right and that is the limit of his ability but he's our worst player and has been in virtually every match.

He needs to be replaced.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:27 - Sep 14 with 1903 viewsOldTimer2

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:08 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

Kenlock has done well?

Perhaps you are right and that is the limit of his ability but he's our worst player and has been in virtually every match.

He needs to be replaced.

SB

Don't really understand why Kenlock gets so much stick. He is not yet, as good as our last 3 regular left backs but he seems to me to do enough to persevere with, and clearly Lambert thinks the same, hence the new contract. Is suffering at the moment by the lack of support in front of him, both defensively and offensively. Looked a lot more comfortable when Georgiou came o, as he did when Garbutt was playing in front of him.

Bobby Robson - thank you

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:48 - Sep 14 with 1844 viewsMrTown

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:31 - Sep 1 by Herbivore

Not really sure what he has drastically done wrong.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:57 - Sep 14 with 1816 viewsStokieBlue

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:27 - Sep 14 by OldTimer2

Don't really understand why Kenlock gets so much stick. He is not yet, as good as our last 3 regular left backs but he seems to me to do enough to persevere with, and clearly Lambert thinks the same, hence the new contract. Is suffering at the moment by the lack of support in front of him, both defensively and offensively. Looked a lot more comfortable when Georgiou came o, as he did when Garbutt was playing in front of him.

He's 22, not 17 - when do you expect him to get better?

Would you say the same if he wasn't an academy product? I suspect not. He looked no better with Georgiou in front of him and failed to get the ball to him which was his main job going forward.

SB

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 21:01 - Sep 14 with 1799 viewswkj

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:48 - Sep 14 by MrTown

Not really sure what he has drastically done wrong.

Conversely it is hard to really know what he's done well either, a few decent moments, but not good enough either, marginally better than Spence was on the right

Crybaby

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 21:31 - Sep 14 with 1731 viewsbilllm

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 11:34 - Sep 1 by wkj

Miles has done OK, though if/when teams start sussing us and exploit that wing, I'll be worried. Miles still looks like bambi on ice in a lot of situations

He's been, OK says it all, Ty,
Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 21:35 - Sep 14 with 1714 viewspointofblue

Kenlock has never been potent offensively. Our best performance of he season, and his, was Sunderland at home prior to Garbutt going off injured which I think speaks volumes. Garbutt offered both width and support which his replacements have generally failed to do.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 22:06 - Sep 14 with 1680 viewsOldTimer2

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 20:57 - Sep 14 by StokieBlue

He's 22, not 17 - when do you expect him to get better?

Would you say the same if he wasn't an academy product? I suspect not. He looked no better with Georgiou in front of him and failed to get the ball to him which was his main job going forward.

SB

Yes 22 but has only had a run of games towards the end of last year and this. You only have to look at the effect that playing in week in week out had on Wolfenden, (not suggesting that Kenlock is as good as ). Kenlock may not be the long term answer but if he does not get a run we will never know.

Bobby Robson - thank you

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 1672 viewsStokieBlue

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 22:06 - Sep 14 by OldTimer2

Yes 22 but has only had a run of games towards the end of last year and this. You only have to look at the effect that playing in week in week out had on Wolfenden, (not suggesting that Kenlock is as good as ). Kenlock may not be the long term answer but if he does not get a run we will never know.

You didn't answer my question - would you feel the same if he wasn't an academy product?

Quite a few people are so desperate to see our academy products do well that they refuse to accept that some of them might not actually be that great.

SB

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 08:11 - Sep 15 with 1462 viewsChocorange

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 21:35 - Sep 14 by pointofblue

Kenlock has never been potent offensively. Our best performance of he season, and his, was Sunderland at home prior to Garbutt going off injured which I think speaks volumes. Garbutt offered both width and support which his replacements have generally failed to do.

This is nail on the head.

Agree Kenlock is one of the poorer links in the team most games, but look at the lack of support he gets when Judge is in front of him. Judge refuses to stay on his side leaving MK open to attack.

Any opposition team that does their homework can see this, which is why most of them attack more down the left and why MK has most tackles won in our team so far this season ...he is far more busy.

It's may also be why we had to keep swapping Edwards and Judge yesterday.

Would like to see MK and Garbutt play together more , they seemed to have a good understanding , Garbutt is stronger defensively than Judge ( who I am not sure has done enough to be in the starting 11) .

Sunderland was our best performance this season and Kenlock and Garbutt were left side then giving good balance.
Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 08:35 - Sep 15 with 1421 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Myles Kenlock and the LB position on 12:42 - Sep 1 by Fixed_It

Its not a debate. Just a really straightforward right or wrong answer.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024