Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zero shots on target 21:46 - Apr 10 with 7436 viewsSitfcB

....but it’s sooooooo much better.

F ucking lol.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Zero shots on target on 21:47 - Apr 10 with 3793 viewsBenters2

Balls
Zero shots on target on 21:48 - Apr 10 with 3786 viewsSpruceMoose

Yep. The lies people are willing to tell themselves are pretty surprising.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Zero shots on target on 21:52 - Apr 10 with 3724 viewsSarge

It’s not better, but the only things I’d have changed are Mick going earlier and Hurst the Worst being bypassed.
Zero shots on target on 21:55 - Apr 10 with 3684 viewsJ2BLUE

United didn't have a shot on target either. OGS clearly hasn't improved them either.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Zero shots on target on 21:56 - Apr 10 with 3681 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 21:52 - Apr 10 by Sarge

It’s not better, but the only things I’d have changed are Mick going earlier and Hurst the Worst being bypassed.

We needed change but we bloody well miss Mick. We've made an absolute clustf*ck of things since he's gone.

Argh...it's awful at the moment. This is worse and more embarrassing than being relegated from the Prem. Feels like death from a thousand cuts.

What's worse is many seem so ready to accept relegation in some odd hope of better football and bouncing straight back up.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 22:11]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Zero shots on target on 21:58 - Apr 10 with 3622 viewsMullet

Zero shots on target on 21:56 - Apr 10 by homer_123

We needed change but we bloody well miss Mick. We've made an absolute clustf*ck of things since he's gone.

Argh...it's awful at the moment. This is worse and more embarrassing than being relegated from the Prem. Feels like death from a thousand cuts.

What's worse is many seem so ready to accept relegation in some odd hope of better football and bouncing straight back up.

It's utter lunacy isn't it? People should be dragging Evans out of his crevice, instead we're singing reggae songs and talking about winning the league we should never be in like some demented Werthers sucking UB40 tribute.

Christ knows what will become of us, good or bad.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Zero shots on target on 21:59 - Apr 10 with 3602 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 21:55 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

United didn't have a shot on target either. OGS clearly hasn't improved them either.

Come on J2, we have seen marginally better football under Lambert than Hurst. We continue to only play in spells and patches, continue to give away stupid goals and remain utterly toothless upfront.

Let's not pretend that, on the pitch, something magical has happened.

Zero shots on target on 22:00 - Apr 10 with 3588 viewsChocorange

It's worse than that.. Accept relegation and convince themselves our kids are good enough to get us back again.

Not a chance.

ME must love seeing all this false optimism, not even going to have to reach in his pocket to fund the experienced quality we need
Login to get fewer ads

Zero shots on target on 22:02 - Apr 10 with 3541 viewsm14_blue

‘Many seem to accept relegation’

What else can we do? We’re football fans, following football is about having fun and enjoying yourself, making the best of the situation. It’s obvious we’ve been going down for ages, would you rather our fans had just wept silently through every game for the last few months? I think the positive atmosphere and general good humour around the place has been one of the only good things to come from a dreadful season.

Maybe I’ve just mellowed too much with age but I think some people take it all far too seriously sometimes.
Zero shots on target on 22:04 - Apr 10 with 3520 viewsJ2BLUE

Zero shots on target on 21:59 - Apr 10 by homer_123

Come on J2, we have seen marginally better football under Lambert than Hurst. We continue to only play in spells and patches, continue to give away stupid goals and remain utterly toothless upfront.

I'm not. I would like to think our fan base was bright enough to wait and see where things are going and acknowledge that Lambert hasn't had a pre season or been able to build his own squad.

The tide is already turning though. In the end we will get what we deserve.

Truly impaired.

Zero shots on target on 22:04 - Apr 10 with 3510 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 21:58 - Apr 10 by Mullet

It's utter lunacy isn't it? People should be dragging Evans out of his crevice, instead we're singing reggae songs and talking about winning the league we should never be in like some demented Werthers sucking UB40 tribute.

I get the gallows humour side of things.

What I struggle with is this notion of looking forward to next season, playing League 1 (as you say, we shouldn't be there) and thinking that we will romp it.

Lunacy is indeed correct.

Zero shots on target on 22:05 - Apr 10 with 3488 viewsSpruceMoose

Zero shots on target on 22:04 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

I'm not. I would like to think our fan base was bright enough to wait and see where things are going and acknowledge that Lambert hasn't had a pre season or been able to build his own squad.

I'm not sure I've see any evidence to back up your last hopeful paragraph though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Zero shots on target on 22:05 - Apr 10 with 3485 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 22:02 - Apr 10 by m14_blue

‘Many seem to accept relegation’

What else can we do? We’re football fans, following football is about having fun and enjoying yourself, making the best of the situation. It’s obvious we’ve been going down for ages, would you rather our fans had just wept silently through every game for the last few months? I think the positive atmosphere and general good humour around the place has been one of the only good things to come from a dreadful season.

Maybe I’ve just mellowed too much with age but I think some people take it all far too seriously sometimes.

As I said below, I do get the gallows humour.

Zero shots on target on 22:06 - Apr 10 with 3458 viewsJ2BLUE

Zero shots on target on 22:05 - Apr 10 by SpruceMoose

I'm not sure I've see any evidence to back up your last hopeful paragraph though.

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant the tide is already turning towards Lambert. The last sentence was more of a warning. A sort of 'may you live in interesting times' type of deal. I meant what we deserve may well be negative if people turn on Lambert before he's had a real chance.

Truly impaired.

Zero shots on target on 22:06 - Apr 10 with 3457 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 22:04 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

The tide is already turning.

Genuinely J2, I want to believe that. What have we seen on the pitch that provides any evidence?

Zero shots on target on 22:07 - Apr 10 with 3441 viewsJ2BLUE

Zero shots on target on 22:06 - Apr 10 by homer_123

The tide is already turning.

Genuinely J2, I want to believe that. What have we seen on the pitch that provides any evidence?

See above.

Truly impaired.

Zero shots on target on 22:07 - Apr 10 with 3435 viewsSpruceMoose

Zero shots on target on 22:06 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

I think you may have misunderstood. I meant the tide is already turning towards Lambert. The last sentence was more of a warning. A sort of 'may you live in interesting times' type of deal. I meant what we deserve may well be negative if people turn on Lambert before he's had a real chance.

That makes more sense

Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 3411 viewsm14_blue

Zero shots on target on 22:05 - Apr 10 by homer_123

As I said below, I do get the gallows humour.

Yes, sorry. Was replying to Mullet’s post also.
Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 3408 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 22:07 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

See above.

Lambert, for me, right man wrong time. He's a victim of circumstance, he was never the right appointment to stave off relegation. He deserves the summer but his future literally lies with Evans and what he is prepared to do to support Lambert.

Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 3401 viewsjudespiveyg

Zero shots on target on 21:58 - Apr 10 by Mullet

Ah yes, getting behind the team and being optimistic is 'lunacy'.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 with 3401 viewsSteve_D

Zero shots on target on 21:55 - Apr 10 by J2BLUE

But Barcelona are not Brentford
Zero shots on target on 22:11 - Apr 10 with 3369 viewsMullet

Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 by judespiveyg

Ah yes, getting behind the team and being optimistic is 'lunacy'.

Well done for missing the point spectacularly there. That's precisely not what I'm saying, but telling the guilty consciences on here are so easily pricked, as always.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Zero shots on target on 22:11 - Apr 10 with 3364 viewshomer_123

Zero shots on target on 22:09 - Apr 10 by m14_blue

Yes, sorry. Was replying to Mullet’s post also.

No need to apologise.

Zero shots on target on 22:12 - Apr 10 with 3335 viewspointofblue

A year ago today:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43624045

It'd have almost have been poetic if we had been mathematically relegated tonight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Zero shots on target on 22:14 - Apr 10 with 3312 viewsbackwaywhen

Zero shots on target on 21:59 - Apr 10 by homer_123

Let’s give PL a full pre season then judge him after the first dozen games next season ..... chill everyone FFS.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024