Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League relegation... 13:45 - Apr 15 with 2564 viewsKieran_Knows

... interesting that all 4 sides who have been relegated from the National League are Southern sides, and what with the league below being split in to South & North divisions, does anyone know what happens in this situation?

I imagine it's split that 2 go in to the South, and 2 in to the North, but could be some lengthy trips for 2 of those sides should they get put in the North division.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

National League relegation... on 13:47 - Apr 15 with 2518 viewsxrayspecs

Clubs in the middle of the country can end up in either of the North or South divisions depending on where the other clubs are based. So based on what you have said the two most northern team in the Southern division may move into the Northern division next season.
National League relegation... on 13:48 - Apr 15 with 2517 viewsChocorange

The 2 northern most teams in the southern set up get moved to the Northern conference, whether it be teams already in the divisions or relegated ones. You may recall Lowestoft being put in the Northern section a few years back
National League relegation... on 13:50 - Apr 15 with 2491 viewsMullet

I dunno but it looks fun down there.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

National League relegation... on 13:51 - Apr 15 with 2487 viewsTractorCam

The most northerly teams in the southern division will get moved. Happened with Lowestoft a few seasons back, some fun travelling for them!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

National League relegation... on 13:52 - Apr 15 with 2468 viewsxrayspecs

National League relegation... on 13:47 - Apr 15 by xrayspecs

Clubs in the middle of the country can end up in either of the North or South divisions depending on where the other clubs are based. So based on what you have said the two most northern team in the Southern division may move into the Northern division next season.

So looking at the southern division, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Chelmsford and Gloucester could potentially move into the Northern group
National League relegation... on 14:38 - Apr 15 with 2291 viewssolemio

National League relegation... on 13:52 - Apr 15 by xrayspecs

So looking at the southern division, Hemel Hempstead, St Albans, Chelmsford and Gloucester could potentially move into the Northern group

Blimey, that won't do their finances much good.
National League relegation... on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 2285 viewsKieran_Knows

National League relegation... on 13:48 - Apr 15 by Chocorange

The 2 northern most teams in the southern set up get moved to the Northern conference, whether it be teams already in the divisions or relegated ones. You may recall Lowestoft being put in the Northern section a few years back

I see, thanks for that!

National League relegation... on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 2282 viewsKieran_Knows

National League relegation... on 13:50 - Apr 15 by Mullet

Ha, yes. I was watching the National League highlights on YouTube (hence my question), but this did make me chuckle.

Login to get fewer ads

I reckon we'd..... on 14:40 - Apr 15 with 2279 viewsBloots

.....be one of the ones on the boundary of north and south.

But we've got a couple of years before we have to worry about that.

Hopefully by then the numbers will have evened up a bit.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

National League relegation... on 14:46 - Apr 15 with 2255 viewsBOjK

This sort of rearrangement of clubs between leagues happens all the time down the nonleague pyramid.

As well as the clubs being relegated into the NLN and NLS, you have to consider the clubs being promoted into it too. Consequently the partition between the grim north and the glorious south can move quite a lot.

In step 3, there are now 4 leagues, so the teams in the middle of England (Corby, Kettering, etc) seem to switch leagues most seasons.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

National League relegation... on 15:03 - Apr 15 with 2186 viewsGeoffSentence

I think that can be filed under 'poor decision making'

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

National League relegation... on 15:45 - Apr 15 with 2039 viewschristiand

That was a crucial goal, sent Leyton Orient clear at the top by two points. A draw and they’d have been equal on points with Salford going into the last couple of games.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

National League relegation... on 17:45 - Apr 15 with 1853 viewsAlanG296

National League relegation... on 13:52 - Apr 15 by xrayspecs

Braintree will go north before 3 of those. Bishop's Stortford were in the North a few years ago. Problem for anyone having to go north is recruiting and retaining players. There are a lot of clubs within 20 miles of the M25 recruiting from the same pool of players most of whom also have proper jobs.
National League relegation... on 17:49 - Apr 15 with 1827 viewsAlanG296

Not the worst decision by a Sutton keeper. Didn't one get disciplined by the FA for eating a pie during a game?
National League relegation... on 17:51 - Apr 15 with 1820 viewsTractorCam

National League relegation... on 17:49 - Apr 15 by AlanG296

Not the worst decision by a Sutton keeper. Didn't one get disciplined by the FA for eating a pie during a game?

Yes, because their was an option on betting firms to whether he'd eat a pie or not. The silly FA failed to realise that even if he didn't eat the pie that is still interfering with people's bets.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024