Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now 10:55 - Apr 15 with 5835 viewsSteve_M

They have definitely been one highlight of a very disappointing season:

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1123

Although, we did think that Max's response to being asked about calling Delia Smith a whore merited a further response:

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1122

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:08 - Apr 15 with 3524 viewsITFC_Forever

To be honest, I can't say I've noticed the Delia / whore chant recently, and certainly not coming from the Blue Action side of the SBRL.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:12 - Apr 15 with 3514 viewsDyland

" I remember that Rotherham game, where there was an equaliser in the last minute. It was abject, it was awful, and I remember getting really pissed off and I started chanting and then other people started booing. I thought “you have got no right to do that, if you have not been cheering”. I actually don’t think you’ve got a right to do that at all: but certainly if all you do is stand there in silence and the only thing you do, the only contribution you make as a supporter is to boo and jeer. Then I think it is a disgrace frankly. After that it was the first game where I actually started leaving 2 or 3 minutes before the end, if we had played crap: because I could not stand it when people started booing. I wasn’t leaving to beat the traffic, or because I had some other engagement. It was because I would have stopped going altogether as the atmosphere was so crap. But I think you reach a certain point in your life where, perhaps you are getting a little bit more active if there is something that you don’t like. You start to do something about it - rather than moaning about it. Put your money where your mouth is, sort of thing. That is where we are now."

Bang on buh.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:13 - Apr 15 with 3494 viewsKieran_Knows

Good read, cheers for posting.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:22 - Apr 15 with 3474 viewsSteve_M

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:08 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

To be honest, I can't say I've noticed the Delia / whore chant recently, and certainly not coming from the Blue Action side of the SBRL.

It's not very common these days but I've heard it a couple of times this season.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:24 - Apr 15 with 3466 viewsITFC_Forever

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:22 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

It's not very common these days but I've heard it a couple of times this season.

Perhaps a couple of times, but I think it is dying out with the majority of fans.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:25 - Apr 15 with 3469 viewsReuser_is_God

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:22 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

I think it will eventually dwindle out & be sung over when it does get a rare airing like the Fashanu one.

I'd have probably given the same answer what Max has given to that question, I'll join in with it but probably never start it.

Doesn't really bother me either way. I don't cringe when I hear it like I do the Fashanu song.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 11:26]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:26 - Apr 15 with 3467 viewsPhilTWTD

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:24 - Apr 15 by ITFC_Forever

Perhaps a couple of times, but I think it is dying out with the majority of fans.

I heard it and the Fashanu song from a few teenage fans on the way from the station to Griffin Park the other night.

Have to say I agree with Emma and Gavin about the Delia thing, don't think it shows Town fans in the best light (and the Fashanu chant is even worse, obviously).

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:28 - Apr 15 with 3454 viewsReuser_is_God

For me the best 2 things about Blue Action....

1. So much more pro Ipswich singing rather than constant anti Norwich stuff which gets very boring.

2. Seems from videos & pictures I've seen online that they've got a lot of youngsters involved which is really good. It was depressing that every photo you'd see of Town fans the average age would be 60.

Evans out

Login to get fewer ads

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:29 - Apr 15 with 3454 viewsDyland

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:26 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

I heard it and the Fashanu song from a few teenage fans on the way from the station to Griffin Park the other night.

Have to say I agree with Emma and Gavin about the Delia thing, don't think it shows Town fans in the best light (and the Fashanu chant is even worse, obviously).

Silly little melts.

Some of our younger fans are in line for a pasting, and it's more likely to come from Town fans than away supporters. Which is pretty pathetic.

I can't stand either of them (n/t) on 11:29 - Apr 15 with 3435 viewsDyland

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:25 - Apr 15 by Reuser_is_God

I think it will eventually dwindle out & be sung over when it does get a rare airing like the Fashanu one.

I'd have probably given the same answer what Max has given to that question, I'll join in with it but probably never start it.

Doesn't really bother me either way. I don't cringe when I hear it like I do the Fashanu song.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2019 11:26]

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:33 - Apr 15 with 3420 viewsKieran_Knows

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:26 - Apr 15 by PhilTWTD

The Fashanu song is just the worst. Some melt (full grown bloke) tried starting it in the pub at Millwall away in October. I don't think many people heard him (literally me and a couple of others), but his mate quickly shut him up over it.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:35 - Apr 15 with 3411 viewsITFC_Forever

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:29 - Apr 15 by Dyland

Silly little melts.

Some of our younger fans are in line for a pasting, and it's more likely to come from Town fans than away supporters. Which is pretty pathetic.

We do seem to have picked up a few teenagers in the last couple of years who like to swan about and act like they're extras from Green St.

Sooner or later though, they'll be too lairy in the wrong place and provoke some bigger boys who will sort them out.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 3402 viewsReuser_is_God

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:29 - Apr 15 by Dyland

Silly little melts.

Where have these youngsters learnt that song from though?

It'll be the ones who are giving them a kicking for singing it.

Evans out

I can't stand either of them (n/t) on 11:36 - Apr 15 with 3392 viewsReuser_is_God

I can't stand either of them (n/t) on 11:29 - Apr 15 by Dyland

That's fair enough.

Evans out

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:37 - Apr 15 with 3394 viewsJakeITFC

Excellent interview with Max - their work this season has transformed what has been an utterly abysmal year into one that somehow hasn’t shrouded the club in negativity. The way that Lambert added legitimacy to it definitely helped, but they deserve so much credit for a lot going on atm.

In terms of the second part, I’m kind of in two minds. Would that chant be better if we replaced the word whore with a swear word or scum? I do agree with the general point that women in football are generally represented on the terrace as whores or lesbians and that should stop, but the part in the article equating this chant to the Huckerby one doesn’t really work imo.
The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:48 - Apr 15 with 3347 viewsDyland

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:36 - Apr 15 by Reuser_is_God

Where have these youngsters learnt that song from though?

It'll be the ones who are giving them a kicking for singing it.

Well sure, we obviously have the odd adult melt as well.

In fact, more than the odd one innit.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:55 - Apr 15 with 3321 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:28 - Apr 15 by Reuser_is_God

1. So much more pro Ipswich singing rather than constant anti Norwich stuff which gets very boring.

2. Seems from videos & pictures I've seen online that they've got a lot of youngsters involved which is really good. It was depressing that every photo you'd see of Town fans the average age would be 60.

Agree with the pro Ipswich. I hope we don’t go all Bertie Big Böllocks next season and start deriding opposition grounds etc.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:56 - Apr 15 with 3308 viewsSteve_M

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:28 - Apr 15 by Reuser_is_God

That first point is a good one, it did get really monotonous that there was little pro-Ipswich positivity being sung. One of the reasons the "Blue Army" gets sung so much, that and it's an easy one to start if it goes quiet (i';m culpable of that here at times).

They are as bad, obsessing about us despite their season. They should absolutely be laughing at us getting relegated but I would be celebrating promotion a little more than laughing at them is positions were reversed.

We did have Section 6 (and people with banners loving Roy Keane ) but I think the important point, and the biggest difference from Section 6, is that both Max and Richard from Blue Action made a big thing about being inclusive from the very start.

I think that all football songs.... on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 3302 viewsBloots

.....from now on should be based entirely on fact.

For example:

"Hark now hear the Ipswich sing, the Norwich stood quite a long way away behind a line of police officers looking a bit confused because they couldn't get home for their Sunday lunch."

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 3300 viewsSteve_M

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:55 - Apr 15 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Agree with the pro Ipswich. I hope we don’t go all Bertie Big Böllocks next season and start deriding opposition grounds etc.

Another good point. See also things like this which are in no way going to be thrown back at all Town fans next season:

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:58 - Apr 15 with 3294 viewsReuser_is_God

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:55 - Apr 15 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Yes.

'My garden shed...' will become boring 10 minutes into the 1st away game.

Evans out

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:59 - Apr 15 with 3290 viewsReuser_is_God

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:58 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Another good point. See also things like this which are in no way going to be thrown back at all Town fans next season:

That's tragic.

Although it'll never eclipse Callis' #MindTheGap crusade on social media during 14/15.

Evans out

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 3278 viewsKieran_Knows

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:58 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

Jesus wept.

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:00 - Apr 15 with 3281 viewsReuser_is_God

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 11:56 - Apr 15 by Steve_M

That first point is a good one, it did get really monotonous that there was little pro-Ipswich positivity being sung. One of the reasons the "Blue Army" gets sung so much, that and it's an easy one to start if it goes quiet (i';m culpable of that here at times).

They are as bad, obsessing about us despite their season. They should absolutely be laughing at us getting relegated but I would be celebrating promotion a little more than laughing at them is positions were reversed.

We did have Section 6 (and people with banners loving Roy Keane ) but I think the important point, and the biggest difference from Section 6, is that both Max and Richard from Blue Action made a big thing about being inclusive from the very start.

Also add sarcastic cheering when we had a shot, 'We're fcuking sh1t' etc etc under monotonous that have also gone away.

Evans out

The Turnstile Blues interview with Max from Blue Action is online now on 12:06 - Apr 15 with 3246 viewsEwan_Oozami

I'll buy 2!

(says ex-member of long-defunct Woodbridge Round Table)

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024