Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research 01:55 - Apr 18 with 1499 viewstheacademic1

Hi all,

I am involved in a research study looking at fans' views of sex and gender classification in sport and I am hoping you can spare a few minutes of your time to share your thoughts in an online survey: https://teesside.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/transgender-and-sport

Thanks in advance.
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 07:08 - Apr 18 with 1436 viewsgordon

Did it! Had no idea there was a Teeside University.

Bit binary no - isn't it better to use the old Likert Scale for this sort of stuff?
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 07:44 - Apr 18 with 1420 viewsMullet

I've completed it. I'm not sure the questions lend themselves well to being closed for this topic.

I also thought they were a bit leading in terms of the "team sports" part. Hope your research is shared here though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 08:28 - Apr 18 with 1373 viewsWD19

Done it too.

For future reference, it’s not great practice to tell someone what the majority of other ppl think about something before then asking their views on the same topic.

E.g Research has shown that the majority of Ipswich Town fans think that Jermaine Wright was lazy. Matt Holland has also said he was lazy. Do you agree with club legend and housewives favourite Matt?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 8:31]
Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 08:42 - Apr 18 with 1345 viewschicoazul

NO BIRDS AT FOOTBALL THANKS

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 09:14 - Apr 18 with 1317 viewsGeoffSentence

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 08:42 - Apr 18 by chicoazul

uppy for the chuckle

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 09:54 - Apr 18 with 1297 viewsGuthrum

Ironically, the questions were extemely binary and I found myself writing elaborate essays in the comments sections.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 09:56 - Apr 18 with 1296 viewsGuthrum

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 08:28 - Apr 18 by WD19

Done it too.

For future reference, it’s not great practice to tell someone what the majority of other ppl think about something before then asking their views on the same topic.

E.g Research has shown that the majority of Ipswich Town fans think that Jermaine Wright was lazy. Matt Holland has also said he was lazy. Do you agree with club legend and housewives favourite Matt?
[Post edited 18 Apr 2019 8:31]

I presume that's deliberate weighting to see how it (and the opinion of respected and illustrious people) affects the answer.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 10:10 - Apr 18 with 1272 viewsRyorry

Sorry but having done one before & given you permission to send follow-up info by email, I won't be completing this one owing to you spamming my email 4 times within 24 hours a couple of days ago, all asking me to complete this one.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 13:11 - Apr 18 with 1220 viewsJ2BLUE

Done. I would love to see the full results of this research if possible once you have completed it.

I was a little unclear on exactly what Hannah Mouncey was suggesting. After a bit of googling I eventually got the point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 13:53 - Apr 18 with 1192 viewssolemio

Sex and Gender Classification in Sport Research on 08:42 - Apr 18 by chicoazul

Keeping the gulls off the pitch at PR is not easy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024