Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts of the past 10 yrs and how to move forward 09:52 - Apr 28 with 509 viewsstevieg

I have pondered our demise under the Evans era and I still cannot understand his philosophy. When MM saved us from relegation upon his arrival it was the time to progress but instead he had to paper over a gradual loss of quality and lack of financial backing. I hated his style of football but given his position he done a remarkable job as has been proven since MM left. We are left with ageing senior players who cannot cut it anymore and a handful of potential youngsters the later being the only light I can see at the end of the tunnel.
So moving forward we have a passionate Manager who I believe will be successful if Mr Evans has leant the lessons of the past. Having said that my confidence in that happening are low based on his lasted statement. We do have some promising talent in the youngsters however they need some quality seniors around them and that is the issue for me. Luke Chambers has been a good pro and leader off the pitch but on it dreadful, a change must be made. By all means keep him around the club but not as a player his days have gone. So a new Captain that leads by example is a must. A back four that can defend has to be the basis of the team next season. We must also find a striker or two that can score 20 + goals a season. Now I know that’s a tall order but it must be the target for us to progress because the fans will demand progress now. If we fail to progress from this point then I think the game is up and the fans will turn again. A progressive club is what we all want and nothing less is good enough and surely we should expect nothing less than that from those in control of the Clubs future.
Thoughts of the past 10 yrs and how to move forward on 11:15 - Apr 28 with 432 views3_5_2

I think most people would agree with a lot of what you say here but most also think that dropping Chambo is not going to happen. Both ME and PL have already stated in the season ticket blurb that our team will be a mix of our young players with some old heads, Skuse, Judge and Chambo plus hopefully 2/3 new players in certain positions. Reading between the lines is difficult but to me that means RB, LW and strikers

Yes we need a 20 goal striker (I think we need 2 strikers myself) but why would they come to us? The only thing we might be able to do is offer more money but given the constraints of the L1 rules, unlikely The lad at Tranmere, why would he come here if they get promoted ?

We are not as big a pull as people think (outside of Ipswich) and actually, we will be seen as a "scalp" next season to other "smaller" teams

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024