Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need a Football director or active president 07:21 - May 4 with 1734 viewsRIPbobby

PL has come in and said players should not be allowed to get into the last year of their contract, just like the last few managers have also said. So really we need a club legend to sit in the background and to advise on the medium to long term plans of players and sort out contracts accordingly. The current merry go round just does not work. Thoughts.
We need a Football director or active president on 07:49 - May 4 with 1669 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Lee ONeils job really

Gus Uhlenbeek

We need a Football director or active president on 08:09 - May 4 with 1641 viewsm14_blue

Agree that a director of football would be good, not sure it necessarily needs to be a club legend.
We need a Football director or active president on 08:17 - May 4 with 1633 viewsGuthrum

Comes back to the same argument - are we supposed to sell players we still need just because they refuse to sign a new contract (on terms we're willing to offer)? Most of those whose contracts are about to lapse now are people we are looking to move on anyway.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We need a Football director or active president on 09:53 - May 4 with 1502 viewsBlueBadger

We need a Football director or active president on 07:49 - May 4 by ShropshireBluenago09

Lee ONeils job really

So, we need to replace him with someone a bit more proactive then?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need a Football director or active president on 09:54 - May 4 with 1502 viewsBlueBadger

We need a Football director or active president on 08:09 - May 4 by m14_blue

Agree that a director of football would be good, not sure it necessarily needs to be a club legend.

For my money, Burley or Royle would be the ideal man for that job. Good experience but probably not suited to day-to-day management nowadays

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We need a Football director or active president on 09:58 - May 4 with 1492 viewsm14_blue

We need a Football director or active president on 09:54 - May 4 by BlueBadger

For my money, Burley or Royle would be the ideal man for that job. Good experience but probably not suited to day-to-day management nowadays

Yeah, actually I’d be delighted to have either of those on board.
We need a Football director or active president on 10:30 - May 4 with 1447 viewsfactual_blue

We need a Football director or active president on 09:54 - May 4 by BlueBadger

Or HarryfromBath.

If he's not too busy.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We need a Football director or active president on 10:33 - May 4 with 1448 viewsfooters

We need a Football director or active president on 10:30 - May 4 by factual_blue

Or HarryfromBath.

If he's not too busy.

We can no longer afford to keep HarryfromBath. He's being sold to a rival Championship football forum. We'll be promoting someone from the news comments to replace him.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

We need a Football director or active president on 11:31 - May 4 with 1377 viewsfactual_blue

We need a Football director or active president on 10:33 - May 4 by footers

We can no longer afford to keep HarryfromBath. He's being sold to a rival Championship football forum. We'll be promoting someone from the news comments to replace him.

I think Phil has tied him to the with a complex 28,775 page contract. And literally tied him with some 'accessories' supplied by Keno Leisure and Dungeon Supplies plc.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We need a Football director or active president on 13:04 - May 4 with 1286 viewsWD19

Its just noise.

Anyone would say that. It is sensible and nobody wants an asset going into a final year.

However, has others have said, its not as easy as that. If someone won't sign do you shift on someone you might need or do you spin the wheel and leave it? No manager wants to be in that position, but in reality there is very little you can do to totally avoid it. Every player is an individual case and you have to choose the least worst route for the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024