Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN 11:25 - May 1 with 4410 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

This doesn't sit right.

She just happens to have been born with higher levels of testosterone.

Does this give her an advantage? It would seem so.

But so does being born with more fast twitch muscle fibres for example.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:35 - May 1 with 4390 viewsitfcjoe

Yep, it's such a difficult one but I am of the belief that she has been born a woman and should be able to compete as one.

Most athletes have advantages of one form or another be it physical or biological - like cyclists who have higher white blood cell counts occuring naturally etc.

I still find it amazing that an anagram of her name is 'Yes a secret man' though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:38 - May 1 with 4378 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:35 - May 1 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's such a difficult one but I am of the belief that she has been born a woman and should be able to compete as one.

Most athletes have advantages of one form or another be it physical or biological - like cyclists who have higher white blood cell counts occuring naturally etc.

I still find it amazing that an anagram of her name is 'Yes a secret man' though

Couldn’t agree more, where do you draw the line at what constitutes an unfair advantage biologically? Should the NBA implement at height restriction, for example?

Maybe they could just do away with having men and women’s events and just have ‘sport’, would solve the equal pay dilemma too... 😇

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:40 - May 1 with 4365 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:38 - May 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Couldn’t agree more, where do you draw the line at what constitutes an unfair advantage biologically? Should the NBA implement at height restriction, for example?

Maybe they could just do away with having men and women’s events and just have ‘sport’, would solve the equal pay dilemma too... 😇

Just having 'sport' would solve the equal pay dilemma...

...not sure what all the unemployed female athletes would do next though ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:43 - May 1 with 4354 viewsSteve_M

Agreed.

There is definitely an issue with those born as men who self identify as a woman out-competing women in women's sport but this isn't it and looks a clumsy attempt to solve the first part.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:44 - May 1 with 4348 viewsStokieBlue

It's a difficult one, I do think it's a bit harsh though.

For instance, look at the Berlin marathon in 2013:

"But perhaps equally remarkable was that his fellow Kenyans also came in second, third, fourth and fifth place in this major international race. On the women's side, Kenyans placed first, second and fourth."

So 8 out of the 9 top places in the mens and womans race were taken by Kenyans and they all come from the same tribe known as the Kalenjin (there are ~5m of this minority).

"There are 17 American men in history who have run under 2:10 in the marathon," Epstein says. "There were 32 Kalenjin who did it in October of 2011."

There is a clear genetic advantage to members of this tribe but nobody has ever suggested (rightly) that they shouldn't be allowed to compete due to this advantage - given this is the treatment of Semenya fair?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:45 - May 1 with 4344 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:35 - May 1 by itfcjoe

The fact that she has now been INSTRUCTED TO TAKE DRUGS is beyond stupid.

I thought they were trying to take drugs out of sport.

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:48 - May 1 with 4322 viewsitfcjoe

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 11:43 - May 1 by Steve_M

Agreed.

There is definitely an issue with those born as men who self identify as a woman out-competing women in women's sport but this isn't it and looks a clumsy attempt to solve the first part.

Yep, sport is still mostly physical and no amount of self identification should override that.

I don't think it is an issue if someone born as a woman self identifies as a man because in reality they won't be physically dominant, but it is wrong and dangerous potentially the other way round.

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 17:07 - May 1 with 4052 viewsJ2BLUE

Agreed.

It seems she is a victim of the campaign for trans rights which isn't very fair but they argue if she is allowed to compete with higher testosterone then why should it matter if a trans woman wants to compete with higher testosterone? So I completely agree it's an attempt at solving that problem. You can imagine the insane drama which would come from them allowing her to compete and then blocking trans women from competing even if Semenya is a rare case.

I actually see this more as a situation brought on by fear of how the trans community will react than anything else.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 15:05 - May 2 with 3931 viewsStokieBlue

Interesting:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/02/caster-semenya-doha-sebastian-coe-

This gives her one last chance to break the longest standing world record, 36 years and counting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarmila_Kratochv%C3%ADlov%C3%A1

Of course she must have been on some pretty powerful drugs given Semenya apparently has such a huge advantage due to her genetics and still hasn't been able to break it.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 15:11 - May 2 with 3909 viewsitfcjoe

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 15:05 - May 2 by StokieBlue

Interesting:
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/02/caster-semenya-doha-sebastian-coe-

This gives her one last chance to break the longest standing world record, 36 years and counting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarmila_Kratochv%C3%ADlov%C3%A1

Of course she must have been on some pretty powerful drugs given Semenya apparently has such a huge advantage due to her genetics and still hasn't been able to break it.

SB

Good luck to her - this is an awful and unjust decision

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 16:45 - May 2 with 3820 viewsronnyblue

Also alleged to have some additional genitalia .
Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 17:14 - May 2 with 3792 viewsBogblue

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 16:45 - May 2 by ronnyblue

Also alleged to have some additional genitalia .

she was described somewhere as intersex

maybe a third category should be introduced
Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 22:38 - May 2 with 3671 viewsFelstow1978

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 17:14 - May 2 by Bogblue

she was described somewhere as intersex

maybe a third category should be introduced

Men's! Women's and just Plain F'king Weird???

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 17:31 - May 3 with 3522 viewsBogblue

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 22:38 - May 2 by Felstow1978

you might be on your own in that one
Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 17:34 - May 3 with 3514 viewsSpruceMoose

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 22:38 - May 2 by Felstow1978

That's one offensive post right there.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 18:00 - May 3 with 3493 viewsRadlett_blue

Agreed.

The really absurd thing with the way this issue has been handled is that the ban is only being applied to women's track events from 400m to 1 mile. This is blatantly targeting one person and if it's an unfair advantage in these events, why not others?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:06 - May 4 with 3340 viewsFelstow1978

I'm so fecked off with all this all this gender nonsense, if you're a little unsure try this simple check. Look in your trousers, if you have a cock there, your a bloke. Failing that, try to reverse park a car, if you can't, you're a woman.

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:20 - May 4 with 3320 viewsdickie

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:06 - May 4 by Felstow1978

I'm so fecked off with all this all this gender nonsense, if you're a little unsure try this simple check. Look in your trousers, if you have a cock there, your a bloke. Failing that, try to reverse park a car, if you can't, you're a woman.

Excellent attempt at trolling. No one is that moronic without purely trying to provoke a reaction?
Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 08:56 - May 4 with 3280 viewsElephantintheRoom

Why not let all men compete as women?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 09:08 - May 4 with 3255 viewsm14_blue

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 08:56 - May 4 by ElephantintheRoom

Why not let all men compete as women?

What?
on 07:14 - May 5 with 3142 views_

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:49 - May 5 with 3098 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I posted on this issue yesterday but found this article this morning. It is very good and adds some crucial information missing from mainstream media reports currently. https://www.letsrun.com/news/2019/05/what-no-one-is-telling-you-about-caster-sem

I feel very much for the athlete but I think it is far from as simple as we have been led to believe.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:53 - May 5 with 3085 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Caster Semenya - Not allowed to compete as a WOMAN on 07:06 - May 4 by Felstow1978

Just in case you are not trolling, by that test Semenya is a woman plain and simple. It was the actual test (not the car bit that's plain silly) in the 60s.

Semenya is genetically XY, however, which is why she is described as intersex and where all the controversy originates.

https://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/gender-test.htm gives you the history of gender testing and https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/gordonfarquhar/2009/08/this_must_be_an_awful.html might tell you a bit more.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024