Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs... 13:58 - May 9 with 3058 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...don't get me wrong, I think they've done well to get to the final, and yesterdays game was a great spectacle.

...but some parts of the media are making out that they are almost minnows and its a miracle that they have reached the final.

En-route they have lost 4 matches, and the biggest side they have faced in knock out football is Man City.

Got to say I think Liverpool have had the harder route and must be favourites to win.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Spurs... on 14:02 - May 9 with 3019 viewsStokieBlue

I'd say Man City and Juventus are a pretty big sides.

They also haven't bought a player in 2 transfer windows unlike every other club.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Spurs... on 14:19 - May 9 with 2973 viewshomer_123

Spurs... on 14:02 - May 9 by StokieBlue

They also haven't bought a player in 2 transfer windows unlike every other club.

SB

'They also haven't bought a player in 2 transfer windows unlike every other club. '

I take your point and know where you are coming from but that can work in your favour though....really allows a bit of team building and allows players to really develop etc.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Spurs... on 14:20 - May 9 with 2963 viewsFtnfwest

especially when Ajax are basically the financial equivalent of say west brom
Spurs... on 14:21 - May 9 with 2959 viewsitfcjoe

Spurs... on 14:19 - May 9 by homer_123

'They also haven't bought a player in 2 transfer windows unlike every other club. '

I take your point and know where you are coming from but that can work in your favour though....really allows a bit of team building and allows players to really develop etc.

It's also a choice not to have done so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Spurs... on 14:22 - May 9 with 2956 viewshomer_123

Spurs... on 14:20 - May 9 by Ftnfwest

especially when Ajax are basically the financial equivalent of say west brom

That's not entirely true - they've spent quite a bit of money in the last 12 months, in fact for the Dutch league - very substantial.

But they do have a specific policy of developing their own players.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Spurs... on 14:23 - May 9 with 2948 viewsPendejo

Ajax, not worthy of a mention as quality opposition? I guess they didn't dispose of any big names on way to SF did they?

You play the team in front of you, that's all you can do, and you can only play the current team not one from near or distant history.

I think SB's comment is worthy of attention - not bought a player in 2 transfer windows... even we've managed to do that!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Spurs... on 14:24 - May 9 with 2938 viewsFtnfwest

Spurs... on 14:22 - May 9 by homer_123

That's not entirely true - they've spent quite a bit of money in the last 12 months, in fact for the Dutch league - very substantial.

But they do have a specific policy of developing their own players.

yes they're probably a year behind west brom in that respect, and there's no chance of them being relegated either!
Spurs... on 14:33 - May 9 with 2899 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spurs... on 14:23 - May 9 by Pendejo

Ajax, not worthy of a mention as quality opposition? I guess they didn't dispose of any big names on way to SF did they?

You play the team in front of you, that's all you can do, and you can only play the current team not one from near or distant history.

I think SB's comment is worthy of attention - not bought a player in 2 transfer windows... even we've managed to do that!

Yes, Ajax did well, but probably outperformed their expectations.

Spurs should beat them based on squad strength and wages.

Not buying a player in 2 transfer windows could be seen as a reflection on the strength of their squad. Too much is made of that.

....they have not LOST any big players over those two transfer windows either.

You will note that I specifically stated that spurs have done well.

...but its not some miracle.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Spurs... on 14:34 - May 9 with 2895 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spurs... on 14:02 - May 9 by StokieBlue

SB

Yep, didnt say City weren't a big side.

Not sure where Juve come into Spurs' story.

Spurs... on 14:34 - May 9 with 2892 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spurs... on 14:19 - May 9 by homer_123

100% agree.

Far too much is made of this.

Spurs... on 14:35 - May 9 with 2891 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spurs... on 14:21 - May 9 by itfcjoe

It's also a choice not to have done so

This.

Spurs... on 15:00 - May 9 with 2818 viewsIllinoisblue

which media in particular is making Spurs out to be minnows?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Spurs... on 16:00 - May 9 with 2728 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs... on 15:00 - May 9 by Illinoisblue

The Arsenal Gazette?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Spurs... on 16:08 - May 9 with 2709 viewsgiant_stow

Spurs... on 16:00 - May 9 by factual_blue

The Arsenal Gazette?

Them winning is quite an upsetting thought - Arsenal fans aren't used to spurs having one over them and they've had such a weird losey season - it just doesn't seem right.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Spurs... on 16:21 - May 9 with 2686 viewsm14_blue

They came out of a group with Barca and Inter, then beat Dortmund, City and Ajax.

The same Ajax who knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus.

They’re in the final on merit and it’s a remarkable story, albeit they’re not even close to being the best team in the country, let alone Europe.
Spurs... on 16:26 - May 9 with 2669 viewshatch

I would have loved to have seen the odds on Spurs reaching the final/winning the CL back in August. Regardless of opposition it's quite some feat to reach the final of Champions League - particularly given they are Kane-less and their front man had barely touched a ball for Spurs before Christmas.

I doubt anyone would have given Spurs a hope of reaching the final back in August so the fact they're booking their flights now, and arguably have as much of a chance of winning as Liverpool, is remarkable.
Spurs... on 16:41 - May 9 with 2647 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs... on 16:08 - May 9 by giant_stow

Them winning is quite an upsetting thought - Arsenal fans aren't used to spurs having one over them and they've had such a weird losey season - it just doesn't seem right.

I've trained my great nephew (a 13 year old Arsenal fan) to remind his dad (a Spurs fan) that Ipswich have won the top division in England more recently than Spurs.

They both live in Shropshire of course.

Incidentally, have norwich won England's top division more recently than Spurs?

Spurs... on 16:55 - May 9 with 2623 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Spurs... on 16:21 - May 9 by m14_blue

They came out of a group with Barca and Inter, then beat Dortmund, City and Ajax.

The same Ajax who knocked out Real Madrid and Juventus.

They’re in the final on merit and it’s a remarkable story, albeit they’re not even close to being the best team in the country, let alone Europe.

Spurs have bigger budget than Inter, Dortmund, and Ajax.

They lost and drew with Barca.

They did well to go through against city on away goals.

It's no miracle, but they have done well.

Spurs... on 17:19 - May 9 with 2580 viewsgiant_stow

Spurs... on 16:41 - May 9 by factual_blue

I've trained my great nephew (a 13 year old Arsenal fan) to remind his dad (a Spurs fan) that Ipswich have won the top division in England more recently than Spurs.

They both live in Shropshire of course.

Incidentally, have norwich won England's top division more recently than Spurs?

Blimey., that really brings Spurs underachievement into focus. Come on Liverpool!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Spurs... on 18:17 - May 9 with 2515 viewsfactual_blue

Spurs... on 17:19 - May 9 by giant_stow

Blimey., that really brings Spurs underachievement into focus. Come on Liverpool!

They've still won it more recently than norwich.

Spurs... on 21:00 - May 9 with 2379 viewsJohnny_Boy

Spurs... on 15:00 - May 9 by Illinoisblue

I must admit, there's been an awful lot of guff on Social Media.
"Spurs have got to the final having spent nothing this season"

Forgetting they pocket £200m every season just for being in the Premiership. Compare that to perhaps the £8m Ajax receive from TV revenue annually. I mean, both clubs clearly have vastly different budget constraints when it comes to assembling a team.
Spurs... on 21:22 - May 9 with 2347 viewsSuperblue95

There seems to be a general dislike of Spurs on this forum and I’ve never really understood why. Of ‘the big six’ in the prem they are by far the smallest and the one that spends the least money. They won’t have the big club mentality that other clubs have yet consistently finish in the top 4 at the expense of massive clubs like Man United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Their support and money spent is not too disimilar to the likes of Everton, Newcastle and West Ham yet they sh1t all over them clubs year after year. They bring through a lot of kids and play far more English players than most Premier League clubs do which is surely what we want our country’s leading clubs to do.

Them getting to a Champions League final is a remarkable achievement considering how many much larger clubs there are. It’s not a miracle but I can’t say I’ve seen it described as such anywhere. Personally I hope they smash Liverpool in the final, not just because I dislike Liverpool but also because I feel Spurs deserve to win something based on the past few seasons and it would give smaller clubs in Europe the hope that they can go far without having to be a Barcelona, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024