Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards 18:22 - May 9 with 5980 viewsGarv

Surley no one is entertaining the idea of him leaving, or worse, wanting him to?

He was the player we got in last summer the type of who we hadn't had for years and years and missed dearly. A touchline winger with a bit of flair and someone who chips in with goals. He's scored 6 goals while playing next to no part for the first couple of months of Lambert's tenure, and his form has been on and off, while also playing though injury at times.

His assisting and crossing needs to improve but he could be one of our best and most important players next season depending on the formations we use. Even if Lambert wants to play a diamond he won't be able to do so for an entire season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Edwards on 18:28 - May 9 with 5953 viewsBLUEBEAT

He should be a key player for us in 19/20 season

Knows League One inside out and ripped teams to shreds in his last Posh season

Poll: W or W

Edwards on 18:31 - May 9 with 5938 viewsflimflam

Yep definitely should be on the keep list unless a £2,000,000 bid comes in.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Edwards on 19:10 - May 9 with 5787 viewsagentp

We should take anything around the 1.75m mark. I mean we could get another Kayden Jackson for that!

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Edwards on 21:49 - May 9 with 5535 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hmmm.

No fair enough you will have seen more than I have

However. When ever I've watched it on red button or extended highlights. He seems to have a really bad control ability and slowed play down drasticslly

Is he he right type of player if we have high temp midfielders?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Edwards on 22:08 - May 9 with 5476 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Edwards on 21:49 - May 9 by FrimleyBlue

Hmmm.

No fair enough you will have seen more than I have

However. When ever I've watched it on red button or extended highlights. He seems to have a really bad control ability and slowed play down drasticslly

Is he he right type of player if we have high temp midfielders?

he goes between frenetic and very good.

6 goals in a team that doesn't score goals in an awful season and his first at that level is not a bad return imo.

Would be quality in league one I am sure about it. However, you are right, he does have a trampoline foot at times

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Edwards on 22:29 - May 9 with 5428 viewsHerbivore

I like him but I'm not sure he's that good or that he really fits with how we're likely to play next season. He's also injury prone and has missed nearly half a season every season for a little while now. I'd probably take anything over £1m plus some top ups and a sell on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Edwards on 22:39 - May 9 with 5393 viewsElderGrizzly

Edwards on 18:28 - May 9 by BLUEBEAT

He should be a key player for us in 19/20 season

Knows League One inside out and ripped teams to shreds in his last Posh season

From the left, not the right though
Edwards on 04:32 - May 10 with 5259 viewsIllinoisblue

selling our best players worked SO well last summer....

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards on 08:06 - May 10 with 5110 viewsdavblue

Edwards on 04:32 - May 10 by Illinoisblue

selling our best players worked SO well last summer....

Good job Edwards isn't then.
Edwards on 08:24 - May 10 with 5084 viewsGarv

Edwards on 22:29 - May 9 by Herbivore

I like him but I'm not sure he's that good or that he really fits with how we're likely to play next season. He's also injury prone and has missed nearly half a season every season for a little while now. I'd probably take anything over £1m plus some top ups and a sell on.

Just can't understand that. Paid 750k for him and you'd be happy for him to leave for £1m when he's had an OK season in a terrible team and we're going into a division lower.

Edwards on 08:27 - May 10 with 5080 viewsHerbivore

Edwards on 08:24 - May 10 by Garv

Just can't understand that. Paid 750k for him and you'd be happy for him to leave for £1m when he's had an OK season in a terrible team and we're going into a division lower.

Yeah, did you not read my post?

Edwards on 08:43 - May 10 with 5036 viewsGarv

Edwards on 08:27 - May 10 by Herbivore

Yeah, did you not read my post?

Yeah, fair enough you've given reason. I guess I just disagree. We'll need tricky wingers at times however we play. Wasn't aware of a poor injury record?

Edwards on 08:50 - May 10 with 5001 viewsHerbivore

Edwards on 08:43 - May 10 by Garv

Yeah, fair enough you've given reason. I guess I just disagree. We'll need tricky wingers at times however we play. Wasn't aware of a poor injury record?

Injured for pretty big chunks of the two seasons at Posh before we signed him and injured quite a bit for us too. I'm sure he would do fine in League 1 in the right team, just not convinced we're that team given how we're likely to set up. We need to balance the books and potentially raise funds for small fees, he's a sacrifice we can afford to make if a decent offer comes in.

Edwards on 10:34 - May 10 with 4899 viewsbadadski

Edwards on 08:50 - May 10 by Herbivore

Injured for pretty big chunks of the two seasons at Posh before we signed him and injured quite a bit for us too. I'm sure he would do fine in League 1 in the right team, just not convinced we're that team given how we're likely to set up. We need to balance the books and potentially raise funds for small fees, he's a sacrifice we can afford to make if a decent offer comes in.

I rate him very highly, his touch hasn’t always been the best but as a true winger that utilises pace then it’s not about control a lot of time but the first touch allowing you to get away from the defender.
Look at Theo Walcott as a prime example, rubbish touch even from when he played us in fa youth cup and still hasn’t improved. Hasn’t done him any harm.

What he has we have missed for years but also has great movement in the box and gets in great goal scoring positions. That awareness and movement won’t be purchased cheaply now we are in the position we are in. Also will be playing and competing with Lankester so we have plenty of options and hope we keep him.
Edwards on 11:05 - May 10 with 4856 viewsHerbivore

Edwards on 10:34 - May 10 by badadski

I rate him very highly, his touch hasn’t always been the best but as a true winger that utilises pace then it’s not about control a lot of time but the first touch allowing you to get away from the defender.
Look at Theo Walcott as a prime example, rubbish touch even from when he played us in fa youth cup and still hasn’t improved. Hasn’t done him any harm.

What he has we have missed for years but also has great movement in the box and gets in great goal scoring positions. That awareness and movement won’t be purchased cheaply now we are in the position we are in. Also will be playing and competing with Lankester so we have plenty of options and hope we keep him.

Fair dos. I often forget he's playing. He's got some good attributes and has scored some good goals but he's patchy in every sense and I don't think he necessarily fits with what we might be looking to do. Given we might need to raise funds he's a player who we could get some money for but probably wouldn't miss all that much.

Edwards on 14:39 - May 10 with 4733 viewsMrTown

Not for me no. Plays v much off the cuff so can frustrate at times.

He ripped teams apart for Peterborough in League 1, would have thought he had a big part to play next year.

Obviously if someone comes in with 2m-2.5m then Adios Amigos.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Edwards on 16:49 - May 10 with 4663 viewsArnieM

Edwards, like many wingers , tends to be very hit and miss. Certainly no messiah

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Edwards on 22:54 - May 10 with 4535 viewsGarv

Edwards on 16:49 - May 10 by ArnieM

Edwards, like many wingers , tends to be very hit and miss. Certainly no messiah

But everyone needs wingers. And goals, especially us.

Lambert saying it was silly letting so many goals leave last summer would be a hipocrite to sell Edwards.

Edwards on 23:53 - May 10 with 4480 viewstextbackup

Edwards on 22:54 - May 10 by Garv

But everyone needs wingers. And goals, especially us.

Lambert saying it was silly letting so many goals leave last summer would be a hipocrite to sell Edwards.

might not be PL's choice to sell though.

FWIW I agree with you on Edwards, would be gutted to see him go.

Like his energy, his directness. Will absolutely cause teams in L1 issues, and get/create goals.

And in all honesty, what would we be able to bring in better than him?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Edwards on 07:07 - May 11 with 4427 viewsbluesym

Edwards on 23:53 - May 10 by textbackup

might not be PL's choice to sell though.

FWIW I agree with you on Edwards, would be gutted to see him go.

Like his energy, his directness. Will absolutely cause teams in L1 issues, and get/create goals.

And in all honesty, what would we be able to bring in better than him?

Edwards replacement is already in the building-

step forward Mr Dawkins

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024