Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone listening to LBC? 11:53 - May 14 with 11251 viewstractordownsouth

A bloke just rang in to James O’Brien saying that if we weren’t in the EU, the Manchester Arena attack wouldn’t have happened because he said the EU means we can’t block people from Saudi Arabia (which is a lie ), despite the fact that the bloke who detonated the bomb was born in Manchester. I’ve heard some stupid stuff on there but that’s got to be the worst, along with the woman who rang about Red Passports being synonymous with the Nazis

Jesus wept

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:02 - May 14 with 5221 viewsHerbivore

Their vote counts the same as yours. Depressing really.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:55 - May 14 with 5166 viewschicoazul

More or less stupid than that time James O'Brien completely misunderstood the Belfast Agreement?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:58 - May 14 with 5159 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:02 - May 14 by Herbivore

Their vote counts the same as yours. Depressing really.

I count myself as pretty switched on with regards to politics yet next week will be the first time I’ve been able to vote. Does make me pretty annoyed.

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:58 - May 14 with 5158 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:55 - May 14 by chicoazul

More or less stupid than that time James O'Brien completely misunderstood the Belfast Agreement?

Don;t you start on my Jamesy boy, brute.

What did he get wrong?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:00 - May 14 with 5144 viewschicoazul

Anyone listening to LBC? on 12:58 - May 14 by giant_stow

Don;t you start on my Jamesy boy, brute.

What did he get wrong?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:03 - May 14 with 5128 viewsLord_Lucan

What happened? I must admit O Briens whinny voice really grates on me so I'm all ears.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:03 - May 14 with 5115 viewsHerbivore

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:00 - May 14 by chicoazul

This is the level of political discourse now. Congrats, Chico, you and your fellow simpletons have won.

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:08 - May 14 with 5099 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:00 - May 14 by chicoazul

Someone admitting they weren't clear and providing a correction. How refreshing.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:09 - May 14 with 5093 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:03 - May 14 by Herbivore

This is the level of political discourse now. Congrats, Chico, you and your fellow simpletons have won.

It's very hard not to be rude isn't it?!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:11 - May 14 with 5081 viewschicoazul

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:08 - May 14 by Swansea_Blue

Someone admitting they weren't clear and providing a correction. How refreshing.

Absolutely, good on him. I don't listen to him at all apart from he pops up on my Youtube every now and then but he seems very very keen for anyone he speaks to to have their facts straight, so good on him for admitting he didnt fully understand an extremely important point.

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:20 - May 14 with 5043 viewsm14_blue

Really quite a lot more stupid.
Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:29 - May 14 with 4983 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Im a leaver but find this attitude and mentality very disturbing. My reasons for leaving were all to do with rejecting the EU project, rejecting the bureaucracy and maintaining sovereignty. Leave voters are often made to feel tared with the same brush.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 13:32]

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:32 - May 14 with 4965 viewstractordownsouth

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:29 - May 14 by ShropshireBluenago09

Im a leaver but find this attitude and mentality very disturbing. My reasons for leaving were all to do with rejecting the EU project, rejecting the bureaucracy and maintaining sovereignty. Leave voters are often made to feel tared with the same brush.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 13:32]

I don’t think you’re on that level by any stretch, even Tim Martin isn’t as thick as that. Although with regards to your reasoning, we never lost sovereignty ( MEPs are no different to MPs, we only vote in one constituency in both elections) and there will be far more bureaucracy after we leave

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:34 - May 14 with 4949 viewsBrixtonBlue

You almost have to admire the creativity of some people.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:38 - May 14 with 4936 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:11 - May 14 by chicoazul

Absolutely, good on him. I don't listen to him at all apart from he pops up on my Youtube every now and then but he seems very very keen for anyone he speaks to to have their facts straight, so good on him for admitting he didnt fully understand an extremely important point.

I listen to him a fair bit. He is basically the same as many journalists on the other side of the fence inasmuch that he never looks at other points of view but just dismisses anything that he doesn't agree with.

Actually I think he posts on here.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:43 - May 14 with 4915 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:32 - May 14 by tractordownsouth

I don’t think you’re on that level by any stretch, even Tim Martin isn’t as thick as that. Although with regards to your reasoning, we never lost sovereignty ( MEPs are no different to MPs, we only vote in one constituency in both elections) and there will be far more bureaucracy after we leave

And imagine how much control over our own affairs we'll surrender once we start negotiating trade with the yanks, China and India.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:32]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:48 - May 14 with 4880 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:38 - May 14 by Lord_Lucan

I listen to him a fair bit. He is basically the same as many journalists on the other side of the fence inasmuch that he never looks at other points of view but just dismisses anything that he doesn't agree with.

Actually I think he posts on here.

I used to listen to him loads before having a nipper, but not so much now, so I could be out of touch, but.... Personally I think he's an important centre-left attack dog to even up all the righties out there.

Part of being an attack dog is to be annoying and sure of yourself, but I'd say his heart is the right place.

His most annoying trait is using long words when simple ones will do (does he still do that?) but I can't fault him for arguing his case passionately - that's his job.
[Post edited 14 May 2019 13:50]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:56 - May 14 with 4835 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:32 - May 14 by tractordownsouth

Decisions in the EU parliament are made by 28 countries, each with their own agenda, political stance, beliefs and from separate countries/regions.
How do you know there will be more bureaucracy when we leave?

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:04 - May 14 with 4795 viewsHerbivore

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:56 - May 14 by ShropshireBluenago09

Decisions in the EU parliament are made by 28 countries, each with their own agenda, political stance, beliefs and from separate countries/regions.

Because we'll have more customs arrangements of our own in place for one, and we'll also need to replace a number of EU functions with our own domestic equivalents. Whilst decisions are made by 28 nations they are done so by building consensus and we are able to veto any significant decisions, hence no Euro and not being in the Schengen area.

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:05 - May 14 with 4789 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone listening to LBC? on 13:56 - May 14 by ShropshireBluenago09

Well, if we're still trading with the EU, which we wil bel, paperwork and certification will have be issued seprately if trading in the UK, employers will need to consider the need for sponsoring visas and permits as well as 'adaptation training' for certain professions(nursing is one that stands out here) where cross-EU qualifications now aren't recognised, increased border checks on goods and people crossing borders that we don't currebtly have..
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:15 - May 14 with 4733 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:04 - May 14 by Herbivore

Because we'll have more customs arrangements of our own in place for one, and we'll also need to replace a number of EU functions with our own domestic equivalents. Whilst decisions are made by 28 nations they are done so by building consensus and we are able to veto any significant decisions, hence no Euro and not being in the Schengen area.

Much of the EU regulations will be retained to begin with, as already stated by TM and parliament as a whole and replaced if required at a later date - (see making our own rules).

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:16 - May 14 with 4724 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

James O'Brien selectively lets idiots on to massage his own ego and talk down to thickos.

The bloke is a div, thought JRM does very against him.
Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:20 - May 14 with 4703 viewsShropshireBluenago09

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:05 - May 14 by BlueBadger

Well, if we're still trading with the EU, which we wil bel, paperwork and certification will have be issued seprately if trading in the UK, employers will need to consider the need for sponsoring visas and permits as well as 'adaptation training' for certain professions(nursing is one that stands out here) where cross-EU qualifications now aren't recognised, increased border checks on goods and people crossing borders that we don't currebtly have..
[Post edited 14 May 2019 14:11]

Nursing and NHS recruitment as a whole is one of the most depressing systems in modern days.

Gus Uhlenbeek

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:23 - May 14 with 4676 viewsNo9

Iain Dale being a total plonker & Ferrari as bad maans avoiding LBC
Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:27 - May 14 with 4652 viewsBlueBadger

Anyone listening to LBC? on 14:20 - May 14 by ShropshireBluenago09

Nursing and NHS recruitment as a whole is one of the most depressing systems in modern days.

The vote for blue passports and no foreigners has hit not just recruitment, but retention hard. At my trust we have at least 100 empty nursing vacancies, a considerable increase on two years ago. Most of these vacant spots are down to EU staff leaving and not being able to replace them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024