Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? 01:18 - May 30 with 4552 viewsSpruceMoose

Getting a bit neckbeardy on here if you ask me. Some preposterous and dangerous theories floating about on a daily basis. Mods may need to step in if forum isn't going to go full Mumsnet.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 05:45 - May 30 with 2279 viewsBenters2

As Vapers said Yesterday you really have fkd this board up.

I know a fair few people who dont post anymore thanks to you and your constant boring and mostly nasty posts.

Oh and as Phil has said time and time again i am not Grimboy.

Shove it.
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 06:49 - May 30 with 2249 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 05:45 - May 30 by Benters2

I know a fair few people who dont post anymore thanks to you and your constant boring and mostly nasty posts.

Shove it.

I got into a bit of a debate with him, at the time I didn’t realise what he was like.
What a waste of my time that was.
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 06:50 - May 30 with 2236 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure what you mean by lately, this board has featured conspiracy threads for a long time. Certainly as long as I remember - when I first joined CIL & Pazelle vs the rest of the board on 9/11 was a regular feature

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 07:05 - May 30 with 2204 viewsBloomBlue

By any chance do you have a mirror in your condo which you can look at?
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 07:55 - May 30 with 2132 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Is this about all the Norwood posts?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 08:01 - May 30 with 2121 viewsBloomBlue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 07:55 - May 30 by Marshalls_Mullet

Is this about all the Norwood posts?

Not entirely, mainly the ones about him being a proven goal scorer at all levels of football and having walked on the moon.

Obviously I've posted a link below to an article from the guardian to prove it
[Post edited 30 May 2019 8:03]
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 08:55 - May 30 with 2050 viewsStokieBlue

As I said on Phil's thread (which I hope he read), this board is a haven for misinformation, fake news and appalling theories. Nothing is ever done and it's driving many posters away.

Admin turn a blind eye to it all, perhaps because it's too much to moderate for a single person but it's making the board a far less pleasant place to be. Many good posters hardly bother anymore because of the torrent of nonsense.

Either something has to change or this place will end up like Infowars or something. Some of the threads already head in that direction and some of them are downright dangerous.

If nothing is done Phil might find himself with a much quieter board.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:04 - May 30 with 2033 viewsuefacup81

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 05:45 - May 30 by Benters2

Shove it.

Ah Benters, I've missed your level-headed and rational input...

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Login to get fewer ads

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:04 - May 30 with 2036 viewsfactual_blue

The mods are in on it.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:09 - May 30 with 2020 viewsStokieBlue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 06:49 - May 30 by never_lose_the_faith

I got into a bit of a debate with him, at the time I didn’t realise what he was like.
What a waste of my time that was.

Wasn't that the one where you said some total nonsense, were challenged, couldn't back it up and then went aggressive?

SB
[Post edited 30 May 2019 9:10]

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:10 - May 30 with 2015 viewsStokieBlue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 06:50 - May 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure what you mean by lately, this board has featured conspiracy threads for a long time. Certainly as long as I remember - when I first joined CIL & Pazelle vs the rest of the board on 9/11 was a regular feature

Those were annoying but were also infrequent.

It's literally everywhere now on every subject.

SB

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:10 - May 30 with 2017 viewsDyland

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 08:55 - May 30 by StokieBlue

As I said on Phil's thread (which I hope he read), this board is a haven for misinformation, fake news and appalling theories. Nothing is ever done and it's driving many posters away.

Admin turn a blind eye to it all, perhaps because it's too much to moderate for a single person but it's making the board a far less pleasant place to be. Many good posters hardly bother anymore because of the torrent of nonsense.

Either something has to change or this place will end up like Infowars or something. Some of the threads already head in that direction and some of them are downright dangerous.

SB

SUQ

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:11 - May 30 with 2013 viewsMullet

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 06:50 - May 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

That was mostly down to those two constantly baiting people and showing they're neither very well informed or rational though. Had people been less gracious and tried to entertain them then it wouldn't have lasted long. That and pazelle's constant banning for saying disgusting stuff.

The anti-vaxx stuff, the coddled racism of the far right being dripped on here and constant Corbyn stuff being used for the same people to attack each other is definitely making the place harder to use.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Well I have a ghost story and I don't believe in all that on 09:13 - May 30 with 2006 viewsDyland

Make of that what you will.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:40 - May 30 with 1960 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:10 - May 30 by StokieBlue

Those were annoying but were also infrequent.

It's literally everywhere now on every subject.

SB

I was talking about true conspiracy threads. If you’re talking about Brexit/immigration and the like I wouldn’t class that in the same vein - yes there’s definitely some absolute sh*t pedalled but again that’s always been the case, it’s just that the subject has changed with Brexit being the current topic

I do agree that the repeated threads are tedious, but think that’s just a reflection of the prominence of Brexit in the press, and again repetitive threads aren’t new in themselves (Keane v Jewell anyone?)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:43 - May 30 with 1957 viewsStokieBlue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:40 - May 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was talking about true conspiracy threads. If you’re talking about Brexit/immigration and the like I wouldn’t class that in the same vein - yes there’s definitely some absolute sh*t pedalled but again that’s always been the case, it’s just that the subject has changed with Brexit being the current topic

I do agree that the repeated threads are tedious, but think that’s just a reflection of the prominence of Brexit in the press, and again repetitive threads aren’t new in themselves (Keane v Jewell anyone?)

Well I think it takes all forms.

Brexit and immigration lies are obviously everywhere on here and are arguably more dangerous than 9/11 stuff given they could affect peoples votes/opinions. Same with the very dangerous anti-vaxx threads which pop up. There has also been some horrible false flag stuff around 9/11, Sandy Hook and basically anything involving a government.

In nearly every thread someone will post some total fake news and then double-down on it. It's tiresome and potentially dangerous.

SB

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:51 - May 30 with 1927 viewsWD19

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 08:55 - May 30 by StokieBlue

SB

It has always been the way. The only difference now is that some ppl take the internet far too seriously.
What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:56 - May 30 with 1910 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:43 - May 30 by StokieBlue

Well I think it takes all forms.

Brexit and immigration lies are obviously everywhere on here and are arguably more dangerous than 9/11 stuff given they could affect peoples votes/opinions. Same with the very dangerous anti-vaxx threads which pop up. There has also been some horrible false flag stuff around 9/11, Sandy Hook and basically anything involving a government.

In nearly every thread someone will post some total fake news and then double-down on it. It's tiresome and potentially dangerous.

SB

......not to mention that stuff where Spruce claimed not to be WKJ and Footers.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:59 - May 30 with 1903 viewsGeoffSentence

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:51 - May 30 by WD19

It has always been the way. The only difference now is that some ppl take the internet far too seriously.

I think you can't go too far wrong if you treat the internet, and forums like this in particular, like a pub in which every one is absoluteley w@nkered and speaking accordingly.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:04 - May 30 with 1880 viewsSwansea_Blue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:59 - May 30 by GeoffSentence

I think you can't go too far wrong if you treat the internet, and forums like this in particular, like a pub in which every one is absoluteley w@nkered and speaking accordingly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:13 - May 30 with 1848 viewsfooters

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:56 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Hey, if you can't differentiate between three very distinct brands of idiocy, that's your problem!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:20 - May 30 with 1833 viewsStokieBlue

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 09:56 - May 30 by BanksterDebtSlave

Spruce isn't eloquent enough to be footers.

SB

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:20 - May 30 with 1832 viewsMrTown

Nobody forces anybody to read or respond to anything on here.

That is all.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:23 - May 30 with 1828 viewsfooters

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:20 - May 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Precisely. He is a mere Jim Davidson to my Garry Bushell. Leagues apart.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:45 - May 30 with 1784 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

What the heck's going on with all the conspiracy theory nonsense on here lately? on 10:20 - May 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Ah but Footers can dumb down to become Spruce.....the real identity is somebody called Lionel.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024