Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donacien or Emmanuel? 12:18 - May 31 with 2615 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

I understand that Emmanuel is homegrown and people are drawn into liking him and wanting him to play for that reason which I totally understand, but realistically is he as good as Donacien? personally after watching Donacien I feel like he is more rounded full back at this present time with an excellent delivery and should've been given more of a change last season.

I feel like Emmanuel will never let the club down, but I feel like potentially Donacien or another full back will take the spot with Emmanuel as back up, interested in others opinions.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:20 - May 31 with 2298 viewsTractorCam

I like both, but prefer Donacien and definitely think he should be playing given his versatility and league 1 experience. If Lambert now wants to keep him then great, that would be one less signing as both have good league 1 experience.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:21 - May 31 with 2295 viewsnifty2000

Don’t think either are necessarily a long term solution, although happy to be proven otherwise. Probably both fine for league one though.

Poll: Who is the real proper bloke?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:21 - May 31 with 2295 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I dont think we really know until next season.

One thing is that PL trusted JE last season more than he trusted JD, so thats an indication.

I dont think anyone claims JE is a world beater, but he has proven to be good enough for League 1.

I'd be happy to see them both battle it out for RB next season. I dont think we need to buy a new RB. Both are competent League 1 performers.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:22]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:23 - May 31 with 2272 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:20 - May 31 by TractorCam

I like both, but prefer Donacien and definitely think he should be playing given his versatility and league 1 experience. If Lambert now wants to keep him then great, that would be one less signing as both have good league 1 experience.

JE has more L1 experience, but wouldnt disagree too much.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:24 - May 31 with 2263 viewsSuperblue95

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:20 - May 31 by TractorCam

You may like both but it seems Lambert likes neither. Donacien will go I reckon. And Emmanuel will be backup to a new signing

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:25 - May 31 with 2244 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:24 - May 31 by Superblue95

You may like both but it seems Lambert likes neither. Donacien will go I reckon. And Emmanuel will be backup to a new signing

All we know is that PL doesnt seem to rate either of them at Champ level.

He may well view them as good enough for L1. We dont know yet.

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:27 - May 31 with 2238 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

A lot of other new players have shown flashes of brilliance (Edwards v Blackburn) and been pathetic on other occasions.

However, Donacien was up against Grealish and Adomah at times once Edun got sent off and was absolutely outstanding. One of the best displays I have seen from a Town full back in many a year. Maybe it was an absolute fluke.

Clearly he has something. He could play in League One consistently to a good standard with a much, much lower performance level than that.

He was 1 against 2 (and we are talking two of the best attacking players in the division) last season and he was fantastic. I'd like to think that the poor performances after were a lack of our situation being at the bottom and a loss of confidence from being dropped.

He could be a really good player. We have to give him a chance.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:30]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:28 - May 31 with 2233 viewsbontcho

I’d have Donacien ahead but they’re close enough there’s probably a pre season competition on for that position. No bad thing at all. And given the number of fixtures and that Donacien might be needed at CB or LB I’d expect both to be required for a lot of games.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:28 - May 31 with 2231 viewsTIB

Definitely keen to see Donacien given a chance...his versatility will be an asset along with his experience at L1/L2. Emmanuel obviously has experience at L1 level so I'm excited to see how he gets on especially after Lambert calling him out about this being his season...potentially both players could develop a healthy rivalry challenging for that RB slot...a position that's needed sorting for too long!!!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:28 - May 31 with 2228 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:27 - May 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

A lot of other new players have shown flashes of brilliance (Edwards v Blackburn) and been pathetic on other occasions.

However, Donacien was up against Grealish and Adomah at times once Edun got sent off and was absolutely outstanding. One of the best displays I have seen from a Town full back in many a year. Maybe it was an absolute fluke.

Clearly he has something. He could play in League One consistently to a good standard with a much, much lower performance level than that.

He was 1 against 2 (and we are talking two of the best attacking players in the division) last season and he was fantastic. I'd like to think that the poor performances after were a lack of our situation being at the bottom and a loss of confidence from being dropped.

He could be a really good player. We have to give him a chance.

Agreed.

...and at £750k, we cant afford to write him off.

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:29 - May 31 with 2216 viewsOldsmoker

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:21 - May 31 by nifty2000

Don’t think either are necessarily a long term solution, although happy to be proven otherwise. Probably both fine for league one though.

Players can get better if they're coached properly.
Also, playing at a lower level they will have games where they keep the opposition player "in their pocket". This builds confidence.
Both of these things are going to happen to both of these players.
There's no reason why they can't be long-term solutions.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:31]

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:38 - May 31 with 2145 viewsnifty2000

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:29 - May 31 by Oldsmoker

Players can get better if they're coached properly.
Also, playing at a lower level they will have games where they keep the opposition player "in their pocket". This builds confidence.
Both of these things are going to happen to both of these players.
There's no reason why they can't be long-term solutions.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:31]

I take your point, but players do have ceilings. I don’t think Emmanuel’s loan spells in league 1 have improved him as a player significantly. As I said, they certainly could be long term solutions, but I struggle to see them performing week in week out in the championship should we get there.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:39]

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:40 - May 31 with 2117 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:38 - May 31 by nifty2000

I take your point, but players do have ceilings. I don’t think Emmanuel’s loan spells in league 1 have improved him as a player significantly. As I said, they certainly could be long term solutions, but I struggle to see them performing week in week out in the championship should we get there.
[Post edited 31 May 2019 12:39]

....re the Championship..... lets worry about that IF we get back there.

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:48 - May 31 with 2083 viewsnifty2000

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:40 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

....re the Championship..... lets worry about that IF we get back there.

I agree, but we were talking about the “long term solution”

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:50 - May 31 with 2072 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:48 - May 31 by nifty2000

I agree, but we were talking about the “long term solution”

Fair enough.

But, best concentrate on this season.

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:52 - May 31 with 2064 viewsBLUEBEAT

Was Donacien playing regularly when out on loan?

If he was, then ability not necessarily the issue but relationship with Lambert is?

Poll: W or W

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:53 - May 31 with 2052 viewsGeoffSentence

Difficult to choose, but I would go for Donacien on alphabetical order.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:58 - May 31 with 2038 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:52 - May 31 by BLUEBEAT

If he was, then ability not necessarily the issue but relationship with Lambert is?

...or the issue was his ability in the Championship, not League 1.

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 13:04 - May 31 with 2012 viewsTractorCam

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:24 - May 31 by Superblue95

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/janoi-donacien-could-be-ipswich-town-right-back-1-6

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 13:11 - May 31 with 1981 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 13:04 - May 31 by TractorCam

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/janoi-donacien-could-be-ipswich-town-right-back-1-6

I suppose there is always a chance that Woolfenden could do a job at RB also given he has played there a few times at Swindon and Palace away for example.

Signing a LB would be a priority for me to compete with Kenlock.

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 13:20 - May 31 with 1944 viewsbontcho

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:52 - May 31 by BLUEBEAT

He played most the games for Stanley, but at left back.

I've always assumed it was Lambert's opinion (either footballing or whatever) of him that meant he would go, but this week's EADT suggests that's not the case. We'll see.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 16:10 - May 31 with 1777 viewsAYACCA

out of those two i'd go for Mick Stockwell
Donacien or Emmanuel? on 16:28 - May 31 with 1734 viewsBLUEBEAT

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:58 - May 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

...or the issue was his ability in the Championship, not League 1.

Majority of our main squad were League 1 & 2 level, not Championship.

Hence where we are now.

Poll: W or W

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 19:22 - May 31 with 1626 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 12:53 - May 31 by GeoffSentence

Difficult to choose, but I would go for Donacien on alphabetical order.

On that basis I guess we need JC. Hopefully more realistic options than Corbyn or Jesus. Jamie Clapham?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 20:02 - May 31 with 1599 viewsbontcho

Donacien or Emmanuel? on 19:22 - May 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

On that basis I guess we need JC. Hopefully more realistic options than Corbyn or Jesus. Jamie Clapham?

Jose Altidore?

Bulgarian penalty hero

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024