Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars 19:11 - Jun 7 with 3627 viewsElderGrizzly

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:12 - Jun 7 with 2676 viewsSpruceMoose

Beat me to it!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:15 - Jun 7 with 2654 viewsTrequartista

I think he meant as part of the Mars project. But you never know with him.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Please tell me.... on 19:16 - Jun 7 with 2648 viewsunstableblue

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:12 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Beat me to it!

.... he actually means that the moon will be part of the Mars mission, like a staging post you could say... please tell me that's what he means?!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Please tell me.... on 19:17 - Jun 7 with 2639 viewsSpruceMoose

Please tell me.... on 19:16 - Jun 7 by unstableblue

.... he actually means that the moon will be part of the Mars mission, like a staging post you could say... please tell me that's what he means?!

Bigly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:17 - Jun 7 with 2639 viewsgiant_stow

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:15 - Jun 7 by Trequartista

Isn't the plan to use the moon as some kind of base camp for the Mars trip? Just sloppy language like you say.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:17 - Jun 7 with 2641 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

To be fair, the funny part is;

He said we've been to the moon!! LOL!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Please tell me.... on 19:21 - Jun 7 with 2609 viewsElderGrizzly

Please tell me.... on 19:16 - Jun 7 by unstableblue

Who knows with him. He’s a moron.

There are some good accounts on Twitter that link his ramblings with what was said on Fox News earlier that day.

This appears to have been prompted by a segment about an hour earlier

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:23 - Jun 7 with 2605 viewsLankHenners

In some respect it’s unfortunate that Trump is a massively (and massive) vile human making the world a worse place to live as, albeit unintentionally due to his damaged and rapidly deteriorating brain, he’s one of the funniest people around and a top tier Twitter poster.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:26 - Jun 7 with 2585 viewsSpruceMoose

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:23 - Jun 7 by LankHenners

In some respect it’s unfortunate that Trump is a massively (and massive) vile human making the world a worse place to live as, albeit unintentionally due to his damaged and rapidly deteriorating brain, he’s one of the funniest people around and a top tier Twitter poster.

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:59 - Jun 7 with 2495 viewsstonojnr

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:17 - Jun 7 by giant_stow

Isn't the plan to use the moon as some kind of base camp for the Mars trip? Just sloppy language like you say.

yes,almost certainly a Mars mission would have to use the Moon as a staging post or at the very least as part of a training development project to learn how to do it, just like Gemini was for Apollo.

so Trump is actually right on that, NASAs plan just to go back to the moon isnt an ambitious target, it largely repeats what we already knew from the apollo missions and wont likely advance a manned mars mission too soon.

but because its Trump everyones a critic and leaps on to it, whilst missing actually the president of the US has the power to direct NASA as a government organisation, and provide it with the funding to be more ambitious and go for a stated goal, just like Kennedy did.
Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:10 - Jun 7 with 2459 viewsStokieBlue

Beat me to it!

He's kind of right but he's obviously phrased it appallingly.

The moon would be an ideal refuelling stop on the way to Mars allowing much more weight to be sent there.

Of course he might just be an idiot and actually mean they are the same place.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:14 - Jun 7 with 2445 viewsbluelagos

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:17 - Jun 7 by giant_stow

Nah, they really aren't planning on landing and taking off again (for Mars) from the moon if that's what you are thinking.

It's more about testing the technologies that will then be used as/when we go for Mars.

Trump's a victim of his sh1t ability to express himself on this one, imho.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:18 - Jun 7 with 2435 viewsbluelagos

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:10 - Jun 7 by StokieBlue

He's kind of right but he's obviously phrased it appallingly.

The moon would be an ideal refuelling stop on the way to Mars allowing much more weight to be sent there.

Of course he might just be an idiot and actually mean they are the same place.

SB

Refuelling stop?

Either way, think his idiot status was firmly established long ago.

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:21 - Jun 7 with 2424 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:26 - Jun 7 by SpruceMoose

Albert Steptoe is alive and well after all.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:30 - Jun 7 with 2395 viewsHerbivore

NASA should be prioritising science.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:33 - Jun 7 with 2379 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 19:15 - Jun 7 by Trequartista

I think you're right.

But it does show the problem with Trump that we're not exactly sure what he does or doesn't know.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:42 - Jun 7 with 2342 viewsgiant_stow

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:14 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Nah, they really aren't planning on landing and taking off again (for Mars) from the moon if that's what you are thinking.

It's more about testing the technologies that will then be used as/when we go for Mars.

Trump's a victim of his sh1t ability to express himself on this one, imho.

No one said anything about landing on it Mr! I don't know loads about this, but I'm sure I read the moon could even be used as a base (orbitting the moon) for assembly of a larger ship than could be launched sensibly from earth.

Many reasons to mock the fool, but this one's a dead end

Edit: just had an addled half memory: wad one plan even to use materials mined from the moon to help make a future ship? I don't know.. Over to stokie or guthers!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 20:51]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:54 - Jun 7 with 2304 viewsStokieBlue

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:18 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Refuelling stop?

Yes.

The major weight of any mission is the fuel needed to fight the Earth's gravity. Once you are up there you could stop at the moon, refuel using fuel made on the moon then launch to Mars with a massively bigger payload of stuff as you won't need much fuel to leave the gravity of the moon.

This allows you to resupply at the moon and take far more useful stuff to Mars.

It's by far the best way to get to Mars in my opinion.

http://time.com/5342743/nasa-moon-mars/

SB
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 20:58]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:58 - Jun 7 with 2289 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:18 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

Refuelling stop?

It’s common. Fergal stopped their to refuel his scooter and grab a Costa on his round the solar system tour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:02 - Jun 7 with 2266 viewsbluelagos

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:42 - Jun 7 by giant_stow

No one said anything about landing on it Mr! I don't know loads about this, but I'm sure I read the moon could even be used as a base (orbitting the moon) for assembly of a larger ship than could be launched sensibly from earth.

Many reasons to mock the fool, but this one's a dead end

Edit: just had an addled half memory: wad one plan even to use materials mined from the moon to help make a future ship? I don't know.. Over to stokie or guthers!
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 20:51]

I think you might be having some strange memories. A rocket is a rocket. The big part is giving it enough lift to get it out of the atmosphere and/or the earth's gravity. After that, you point it and give it a boost and it flies relatively easily as their is no more gravity to pull it back. Obv needs some boffin level calculations of how much boost, where to point etc.

The need to refuel (cant see why youd need to) - guess the space station could do that if needed.

*based on a whole one day at the space centre and at least 3 vieiwings of Apollo 13. Happy to be corrected by appropriate space nerd :-)

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:06 - Jun 7 with 2258 viewsgiant_stow

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:02 - Jun 7 by bluelagos

I think you might be having some strange memories. A rocket is a rocket. The big part is giving it enough lift to get it out of the atmosphere and/or the earth's gravity. After that, you point it and give it a boost and it flies relatively easily as their is no more gravity to pull it back. Obv needs some boffin level calculations of how much boost, where to point etc.

The need to refuel (cant see why youd need to) - guess the space station could do that if needed.

*based on a whole one day at the space centre and at least 3 vieiwings of Apollo 13. Happy to be corrected by appropriate space nerd :-)

Yeah, I think I might have been a tiny bit confused having had a read of Stokie's link - nearly there though, hey!?

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:08 - Jun 7 with 2253 viewswkj

Beat me to it!

I like how he calls for more science but he cherry picks what science he allows. It surprised, this man is a symptom of a broken society.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:11 - Jun 7 with 2243 viewsbluelagos

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 20:54 - Jun 7 by StokieBlue

Yes.

The major weight of any mission is the fuel needed to fight the Earth's gravity. Once you are up there you could stop at the moon, refuel using fuel made on the moon then launch to Mars with a massively bigger payload of stuff as you won't need much fuel to leave the gravity of the moon.

This allows you to resupply at the moon and take far more useful stuff to Mars.

It's by far the best way to get to Mars in my opinion.

http://time.com/5342743/nasa-moon-mars/

SB
[Post edited 7 Jun 2019 20:58]

Cheers. Am struggling to get my head round that tbh, but thats probably why I'd be fuk all use to Nasa :-)

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:12 - Jun 7 with 2241 viewsDarth_Koont

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:08 - Jun 7 by wkj

I like how he calls for more science but he cherry picks what science he allows. It surprised, this man is a symptom of a broken society.

Yeah, that was the bit that most stood out. He's a believer in science that does things he agrees with but not science that disagrees with him.

It's the same science, Donald.

Pronouns: He/Him

Trump just declared the Moon is part of Mars on 21:13 - Jun 7 with 2236 viewsronnyd

For all his well known failings i don,t think Trump could have amassed his wealth by being totally stupid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024