Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Possible good news for Bolton 10:17 - Jun 13 with 1327 viewsSteve_M

A preferred bidder has been identified.

https://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/statement-on-behalf-of-the-joint-administr

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Possible good news for Bolton on 10:24 - Jun 13 with 1288 viewsGuthrum

Will be interseting to see who it turns out to be. Also what the source of their wealth is and why their interest only developed once the club was in admin (altho that last might just be down to excessive demands from Anderson, or an unwillingness to deal with him).
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 10:24]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Possible good news for Bolton on 10:39 - Jun 13 with 1241 viewsWeWereZombies

Possible good news for Bolton on 10:24 - Jun 13 by Guthrum

Will be interseting to see who it turns out to be. Also what the source of their wealth is and why their interest only developed once the club was in admin (altho that last might just be down to excessive demands from Anderson, or an unwillingness to deal with him).
[Post edited 13 Jun 2019 10:24]

It is an unfortunate facet of human nature that a 'vulture instinct' often develops in potential buyers, not just of football clubs but any venture, when administration looms to wait and see if a price advantage can be gained. They could have been interested for a long time.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Possible good news for Bolton on 11:30 - Jun 13 with 1160 viewsElderGrizzly

“The preferred bidder has also agreed to inject £1million into the club in order to fund the immediate running of the club and the rebuilding of the playing squad ahead of the new season”

£1m to cover running costs, buy players and pay wages isn’t going to go very far
Possible good news for Bolton on 11:46 - Jun 13 with 1115 viewsElderGrizzly

Possible good news for Bolton on 11:30 - Jun 13 by ElderGrizzly

“The preferred bidder has also agreed to inject £1million into the club in order to fund the immediate running of the club and the rebuilding of the playing squad ahead of the new season”

£1m to cover running costs, buy players and pay wages isn’t going to go very far

Also, they have only 14 players under contract with only 6 having EFL experience apparently

2 of their keepers already linked with moves away to Wigan and another Championship club

Possible good news for Bolton on 12:02 - Jun 13 with 1089 viewsBlueBadger

Possible good news for Bolton on 11:30 - Jun 13 by ElderGrizzly

I reckon the key words there are 'immediate running'.

That's just to get them up and running for the new season, I suspect, with more to come as time goes by.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Possible good news for Bolton on 13:38 - Jun 13 with 1005 viewsWeWereZombies

Possible good news for Bolton on 12:02 - Jun 13 by BlueBadger

I reckon the key words there are 'immediate running'.

That's just to get them up and running for the new season, I suspect, with more to come as time goes by.

Maybe, but as they have are probably going to have a points deduction then they may just accept relegation to the Fourth Division as inevitable and make a 'bare bones' business plan of 'only' a million pound investment for the 2019/20 season.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Possible good news for Bolton on 13:41 - Jun 13 with 997 viewsOldsmoker

Possible good news for Bolton on 11:46 - Jun 13 by ElderGrizzly

Also, they have only 14 players under contract with only 6 having EFL experience apparently

2 of their keepers already linked with moves away to Wigan and another Championship club

When a new manager comes in, the phrase "we need to have a clearout" is sometimes voiced.
Bolton, with just 14 players, have taken that to a new level.
They start with -12 points and a need to get at least another 10 players in the door.
They need to start like they did last season 13 points from their first 6 matches.
They could well be in the bottom 3 right up till Xmas.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Possible good news for Bolton on 13:56 - Jun 13 with 966 viewsNo9

Something positive at last
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024