Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? 15:51 - Jun 19 with 918 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

What on earth is happening in Season 3?

Let me start by saying that I think it's been an excellent season and I have enjoyed it and am in no way against any of the content in the series but it's all very strange.

Series 1-2 was a straight, bit of political fighting, bit of a threat of war, bit of the FBI running round shooting suspects.

Then all of a sudden Series 3 pops up with a very graphic death from cancer, a fairly graphic gay sex scene between two black men, a lot of time spent on transgender issues, sperm donation and tracking down children / parents, pill addiction, race crimes and a whole load of other issues that don't get tackled that much in other similar shows.

They've done it very well but it's as if they have taken all the taboo subjects which don't get much time on TV and decided to cram them all into one series of television. Excellently done and I applaud them for doing so, but it just feels so different from the other two series.

It's unbelievably weird and without a doubt deliberate, but just seems strange to tackle so much in one series, almost at the cost of all the stuff that made the previous series good.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 16:07 - Jun 19 with 898 viewsKieran_Knows

Just started watching the first season as someone recommended it a few weeks back. Quite good so far, will get back to you in a few weeks once I'm caught up on it all!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 16:15 - Jun 19 with 886 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 16:07 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

Just started watching the first season as someone recommended it a few weeks back. Quite good so far, will get back to you in a few weeks once I'm caught up on it all!

It's a great show.

I tried to be careful in my spoilers that I haven't mentioned anything that's not immediately obvious when watching the show. For example, the person with terminal cancer is introduced in that manner, so their very sad passing is not a massive plot twist.

All three seasons are excellent, but it just feels like they've thrown absolutely every hot topic that would rightly cause an issue with some American voters (gay rights, race issues, transgender etc) into one series, where as in previous ones they tackled one issue at a time - eg gun control.

They've pulled it off so maybe they knew what they were doing. It just seems like a totally different show and I wouldn't be surprised if some less open minded viewers were massively put off by it.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 16:26 - Jun 19 with 872 viewsfactual_blue

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 16:07 - Jun 19 by Kieran_Knows

I'm afraid the second series went downhill fairly quickly. The initial premise - what happens if the designated survivor actually has to take over? - is quite interesting, but inevitably that premise can only keep the series going for so long. After that, it all starts to get a bit silly with over-the-top conspiracy theories, and the sense that the writing team are just stringing it along for the cash.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Anyone else watch Designated Survivor? on 17:03 - Jun 19 with 837 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I started to watch the very first episode but gave up after about five minutes as soon as Jack Bauer appeared to have no idea what the designated survivor role was despite being a U.S. cabinet member.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024