Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do you reckon politicians really mean it... 17:47 - Jun 20 with 2297 viewsSpruceMoose

...when they spout stuff like this?

And if so, should we be concerned with their sanity?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:05 - Jun 20 with 2252 viewsOldsmoker

A lot of sucking up/toadying going on.

But not from Max Hastings on Radio 4.

“I don’t understand why so many MPs who wouldn’t trust him with their wallet or their wife have fallen in behind him”.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:08 - Jun 20 with 2250 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:05 - Jun 20 by Oldsmoker

A lot of sucking up/toadying going on.

But not from Max Hastings on Radio 4.

“I don’t understand why so many MPs who wouldn’t trust him with their wallet or their wife have fallen in behind him”.

Hastings didn't hold back.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:11 - Jun 20 with 2235 viewsOldsmoker

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:08 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Hastings used to be Johnsons boss when he was editor of the Telegraph.
He might have some dirt on Johnson.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:11 - Jun 20 with 2231 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:11 - Jun 20 by Oldsmoker

Hastings used to be Johnsons boss when he was editor of the Telegraph.
He might have some dirt on Johnson.

Now would be the time to release it...

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:13 - Jun 20 with 2233 viewsfactual_blue

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:08 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

johnson as PM will mean he's kept busy doing nothing by the Civil Service, whilst somebody competent does the work.

Expect to see a lot of boris on the news, opening factories, eating bacon sandwiches etc.

Occasionally he'll be allowed to meet somebody important, but only after the Cabinet Secretary has checked boris has his trousers on the right way round, and hasn't tied his shoelaces together.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:14 - Jun 20 with 2224 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:13 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

johnson as PM will mean he's kept busy doing nothing by the Civil Service, whilst somebody competent does the work.

Expect to see a lot of boris on the news, opening factories, eating bacon sandwiches etc.

Occasionally he'll be allowed to meet somebody important, but only after the Cabinet Secretary has checked boris has his trousers on the right way round, and hasn't tied his shoelaces together.

So... he's going to be a Trump tribute act then?

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:17 - Jun 20 with 2214 viewsfactual_blue

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:14 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

So... he's going to be a Trump tribute act then?

It's hard to decide whether Yanks or Brits should be more depressed by that thought.

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:16 - Jun 20 with 2135 viewsChurchman

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 18:13 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

I’m sorry, it doesn’t work that way any more than it did with hapless Brown 10 years ago.

Civil Servants will be running around trying to interpret his and his cabinet’s mumblings and implement whatever apology of policies that emerge from the chimps tea party.
Login to get fewer ads

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:20 - Jun 20 with 2128 viewsfactual_blue

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:16 - Jun 20 by Churchman

I’m sorry, it doesn’t work that way any more than it did with hapless Brown 10 years ago.

Civil Servants will be running around trying to interpret his and his cabinet’s mumblings and implement whatever apology of policies that emerge from the chimps tea party.

Generally the Civil Servants liked Brown, as they considered him their intellectual equal.

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:21 - Jun 20 with 2126 viewsGeoffSentence

Dear Boris, got any jobs?

Love from

Chris

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:25 - Jun 20 with 2114 viewsChurchman

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:20 - Jun 20 by factual_blue

Generally the Civil Servants liked Brown, as they considered him their intellectual equal.

Haha, maybe he was but I can assure you they didn’t.
Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:26 - Jun 20 with 2107 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:25 - Jun 20 by Churchman

Haha, maybe he was but I can assure you they didn’t.

I believe Facters was one of them. If you were too then presumably you knew different people...

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:28 - Jun 20 with 2096 viewsChurchman

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:26 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

I believe Facters was one of them. If you were too then presumably you knew different people...

Must be that, if that’s the case
Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:31 - Jun 20 with 2092 viewsSpruceMoose

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:28 - Jun 20 by Churchman

Must be that, if that’s the case

Which area were you in, if you don't mind me asking?

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:51 - Jun 20 with 2043 viewsChurchman

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 20:31 - Jun 20 by SpruceMoose

Which area were you in, if you don't mind me asking?

For the last 12 years I worked on projects mainly.
Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 21:14 - Jun 20 with 2015 viewsBluedandy

Yes - if anyone can beat Corbyn in a general election it's Johnson. Hunt would be destroyed.
Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 21:18 - Jun 20 with 2003 viewswkj

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 21:14 - Jun 20 by Bluedandy

Yes - if anyone can beat Corbyn in a general election it's Johnson. Hunt would be destroyed.

Let's face it, even 12th man could beat corbyn. Its going to be like a grown man in a fist fight with a baby no matter who is running the show.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Do you reckon politicians really mean it... on 21:26 - Jun 20 with 1993 viewsjas0999

Politicians don’t mean anything they say ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024