Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? 17:12 - Jun 23 with 1688 viewsSamWhiteUK

I'm sure I've just seen the England goalie out the ball down, take the goal kick while the ball was still rolling, and the defender collected it inside the box

Unless she had taken the goal kick and got the ball back off camera, I guess.

Don't even get me started on not using VAR in the 4th minute to send the CMR LB off
Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:21 - Jun 23 with 1664 viewsboroughblue

Law change as of this season states that the ball is in play from a goal kick(and from a free kick inside the box, as a lot of people didn't know that they needed to leave the box before they were in play too) when the ball is played now, instead of when the ball leaves the area. So in simple terms, yes the ball doesn't need to leave the area before it can be touched now.

These law changes don't officially come into effect until July 1st, but as the competition runs into July, the new law changes are being used for the whole tournament. Hope this answers your question
Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:25 - Jun 23 with 1645 viewsSamWhiteUK

Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:21 - Jun 23 by boroughblue

Law change as of this season states that the ball is in play from a goal kick(and from a free kick inside the box, as a lot of people didn't know that they needed to leave the box before they were in play too) when the ball is played now, instead of when the ball leaves the area. So in simple terms, yes the ball doesn't need to leave the area before it can be touched now.

These law changes don't officially come into effect until July 1st, but as the competition runs into July, the new law changes are being used for the whole tournament. Hope this answers your question

Thought that mightve been the case, makes sense, thanks.

Just the rolling ball to keep an eye out for then ;)
Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:43 - Jun 23 with 1601 viewsboroughblue

Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:25 - Jun 23 by SamWhiteUK

Thought that mightve been the case, makes sense, thanks.

Just the rolling ball to keep an eye out for then ;)

No worries bud.

Can't say I've seen the incident in question, but yes, that definitely needs to be watched ;)
Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 09:29 - Jun 24 with 1310 viewsflimflam

Are the rules on goal kicks different for women's football? on 17:43 - Jun 23 by boroughblue

No worries bud.

Can't say I've seen the incident in question, but yes, that definitely needs to be watched ;)

Changes around drop balls and also subs leaving the pitch. Also opposition players not allowed in defensive wall.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024