Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? 10:58 - Jul 5 with 1180 viewsCoastalblue

8 songs, a book and a luxury item? Probably but I can't remember seeing one.

It's really tough.

Heroes - Bowie
Searching - Change
Waiting For That Day - George Michael
Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Nature Boy - George Benson
Ghost Town - Specials
Everybody Hurts - REM
Cold Little Heart - Michael Kiwanuka

Would probably change slightly if I did it again tomorrow.

Book, probably go with Lord Of The Rings actually, long and bears re-reading multiple times.

Luxury item - Camera.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:05 - Jul 5 with 1163 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Songs: Back In Black (AC/DC), Paranoid (Black Sabbath), Acquiesce (Oasis), Nessun Dorma (The Three Tenors in Concert), Two Princes (Spin Doctors), Now That We've Found Love (Heavy D and the Boyz), No Limits (2Unlimited), La Donna E Mobile (Pavarotti)

Book: Playboy's Greatest Centrefolds

Luxury Item: A football

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:56 - Jul 5 with 1124 viewsWeWereZombies

Firstly, I want to be sitting opposite Kirsty Young when I get interviewed, nothing against Lauren Laverne but I see the beauty in the more mature woman...

Before the Desert Island Discs theme tune - 'One Of These Things First' Nick Drake
After the theme tune and some gentle chatting up 'Weather With You' Crowded House
'Year Of The Cat' Al Stewart
Opening movement of Sibelius Symphony number one, CBSO conducted by Simon Rattle
'My Favourite Things' John Coltrane
'Wish You Were Here' Alpha Blondy
'Peaches En Regalia' Frank Zappa
'Summerfield Avenue' Chris Wood

Then after some complaining that I need eighty and not eight choices plus a request to swap the complete works of Shakespeare for the complete works of Thomas Hardy and 'The Way of Zen' by Alan W. Watts for the Bible:

Book: The Complete Works of Shakespeare

Luxury: The Rosse telescope from Birr Castle, County Offaly

Closing statement from Kirsty 'No, I am not going to lunch with you...'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:59 - Jul 5 with 1113 viewshomer_123

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:56 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Firstly, I want to be sitting opposite Kirsty Young when I get interviewed, nothing against Lauren Laverne but I see the beauty in the more mature woman...

Before the Desert Island Discs theme tune - 'One Of These Things First' Nick Drake
After the theme tune and some gentle chatting up 'Weather With You' Crowded House
Opening movement of Sibelius Symphony number one, CBSO conducted by Simon Rattle

Then after some complaining that I need eighty and not eight choices plus a request to swap the complete works of Shakespeare for the complete works of Thomas Hardy and 'The Way of Zen' by Alan W. Watts for the Bible:

You've not got a lot on today have you?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 12:01 - Jul 5 with 1109 viewsWeWereZombies

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:59 - Jul 5 by homer_123

You've not got a lot on today have you?

Fully dressed actually

But nice of you to think of me...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 12:09 - Jul 5 with 1089 viewsEJP

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 11:56 - Jul 5 by WeWereZombies

Sadly, Kirsty has just announced she’s stepping down permanently from DID.
Not sure if your post was a contributing factor.
Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 12:11 - Jul 5 with 1084 viewswkj

Songs
Eels - Elizabeth on the bathroom floor
Beck - Girl
Naked and Famous- Girls like you
Dave Matthews Band - So much to say
Radiohead - No surprises
Massive attack - paradise circus
Biff Naked - Lucky ones
Lacuna coil - Self deception

Book - Euclid's Elements

Luxury Item - Pens

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 12:47 - Jul 5 with 1045 viewsroysboys

Le Sud- Nino Ferret
Supermassive Black Holes - Muse
Mr blue Sky - ELO
Groove is in the heart - Deee-Lite
The Ocean - Led Sep
Remember You're a Womble - The Wombles
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
Hot Knife- Fiona Apple

Book - book of Breughel pictures

Luxury- David Sedaris. Me Talk Pretty one Day.

I thank you.

Blog: Pig Tales - An Old Story Brought Bang Up to Date

Have we ever done Desert Island Discs on here? on 13:34 - Jul 5 with 987 viewsIllinoisblue

Sue Lawley for me; not afraid to ask the tough questions. Not a fan of Lauren’s accent.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024